The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 10 October 2009, 02:09 AM   #1
snoride
"TRF" Member

Icon13 "M" Sub suddenly fast?

OH NO. All of a sudden after 16 months of running +/- 1 second a day my sub is now gaining over 10 seconds. Research shows it may have been magnetized? I cannot think of how. I am not happy having to deal with sending it off for adjustment. Being my first Rolex I am very disappointed. For $5K it should provide a good few years of accuracy.
snoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2009, 05:35 AM   #2
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoride View Post
OH NO. All of a sudden after 16 months of running +/- 1 second a day my sub is now gaining over 10 seconds. Research shows it may have been magnetized? I cannot think of how. I am not happy having to deal with sending it off for adjustment. Being my first Rolex I am very disappointed. For $5K it should provide a good few years of accuracy.
Welcome to TRF.

If for some reason you think it's been magnetised, just take it into any watchmaker and he can test it accordingly. De-magnetising a watch is a pretty simple operation and can be done in most instances without having to take the watch apart.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2009, 08:40 AM   #3
snoride
"TRF" Member

Icon13 Lost faith in Rolex!

JJ thanks for your reply.

Stopped by my watch maker and he tested it. It was not magnetized! So my 16 month old Sub goes from running perfect to +10/15 seconds and needs to be adjusted. Fortunately my watch maker will do it while I wait when I go in to pick up my vintage Seamaster he is working on. I wonder if this is a common occurrence with this movement or I just had bad luck.

Morale of the story - Gone from being super stoked with my Sub to disappointment with Rolex. If my Sub needs to be regulated every 16 months to run within COSC specs this is my first and last Rolex. I have always defended Rolex.

Not any more
snoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2009, 08:42 AM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoride View Post
JJ thanks for your reply.

Stopped by my watch maker and he tested it. It was not magnetized! So my 16 month old Sub goes from running perfect to +10/15 seconds and needs to be adjusted. Fortunately my watch maker will do it while I wait when I go in to pick up my vintage Seamaster he is working on. I wonder if this is a common occurrence with this movement or I just had bad luck.

Morale of the story - Gone from being super stoked with my Sub to disappointment with Rolex. If my Sub needs to be regulated every 16 months to run within COSC specs this is my first and last Rolex. I have always defended Rolex.

Not any more
Don't lose heart, buddy......and please don't bash the brand.

Maybe you had a hard knock with it unknowingly and that could also cause the watch to speed up. I'm sure once it's adjusted by someone who knows what he's doing, the Sub should run fine.

The 3135 movement inside is still one of the most accurate, reliable and solid movements in the world.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote