The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 27 May 2020, 11:12 AM   #1
Tim Houser
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Omega & Rolex
I lost my avatar and post count by changing email addresses

I've been a member here and visited off and on since 2008.

Last week, I updated my email account under "UserCP" and all seemed to go as expected.

Last evening I attempted to post a thread with multiple pictures on the Omega Discussion Forum and was denied because I did not have 10 posts!

Upon inspection, I discovered that my information other than my avatar and any reference to previous posts was still displayed, including my join date.

I don't know why there was a glitch, but might be something long time members would want to consider before changing information.
Tim Houser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Houser View Post
Last evening I attempted to post a thread with multiple pictures on the Omega Discussion Forum and was denied because I did not have 10 posts!
Firstly that is incorrect, you don't need 10 or even 1 post for permission to post a photograph. You can post a photograph either by:
(a) clicking on the paper clip icon on the posting toolbar and then uploading a photograph; or
(b) clicking on the photo icon on the posting toolbar and pasting in the link to the photograph hosted by a third party.

However, if you try to paste in a link directly into your text window without either (a) or (b) above and you have less than 10 posts you will be stopped.

Secondly, you don't say how many posts you had, but in any event it is simply not the case that posts are deleted by a change of email address. I suspect some moderating was done in a thread where you may have previously posted.

Posts do not just disappear from a change of email address, otherwise this phenomenon would have been raised multiple times before.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote