The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 July 2020, 06:38 AM   #31
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT DJ41- champagne
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawa View Post
the best way to choose, is to set them side by side and see what you like best .When I buy watches I want them to be different from all others.
Here are the pics of my deepsea next to Hublot and AP.
When looking throughout Hublot portfolio I'm sure one can find something of interest
But ,if one is looking for the investment and not watch to wear, then the best way is to go for grant complications from Patek. .
Last pictures is of AP. that I pass ( price was great) - for me the proportions of numbers where way to big for the dial - regardless of the quality we should own what gives us a pleasure, life is short.
Thanks for sharing Slawa, great pics, 3 of my favs. Give me any one of them i'd be a very happy man. It's so hard to compare side by side in real life these days with so much stock in limited supply.
Old 20 July 2020, 08:36 AM   #32
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWERCASE GUY View Post
Thanks for sharing Slawa, great pics, 3 of my favs. Give me any one of them i'd be a very happy man. It's so hard to compare side by side in real life these days with so much stock in limited supply.
thank you , watch not always has to be an expensive one to be loved , take this Omega 007 , simple ,but because of the "deep black color" dial you can spot it from a mile away .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_20180829_194011.jpg (131.7 KB, 237 views)
slawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2020, 09:40 AM   #33
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Hublot or AP? The executives at Hublot would pick AP.
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2020, 08:34 AM   #34
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
What's your point? AP is a better brand? I agree. What a ridiculous and pointless statement.

What is the purpose of your post?

JCB has worked for pretty much every luxury watch brand there is (including AP), has a vast collection and could afford any watch in the world. His daily watch, yup a Hublot.

Also, if you're an exec for a luxury watch brand you would pick the brand you represent. Can't understand the purpose of your post at all?

Your not a fan of Hublot, I get it, you've said as much already. Why be antagonistic & troll the thread?
Old 21 July 2020, 11:40 AM   #35
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
what are you trying to say, I have eleven luxury watches are they all should be AP. ?
Old 23 July 2020, 12:40 AM   #36
Muhle
"TRF" Member

I’m going to be honest, I’ve got it, but the quality is no where near a Rolex. It makes an awful rattling noise when moved or shaken, it sounds like a fake watch. It’s annoying I can’t post a video on here. Pretty disappointed TBH, it looks nice though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muhle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2020, 12:42 AM   #37
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhle View Post
I’m going to be honest, I’ve got it, but the quality is no where near a Rolex. It makes an awful rattling noise when moved or shaken, it sounds like a fake watch. It’s annoying I can’t post a video on here. Pretty disappointed TBH, it looks nice though

Old 23 July 2020, 01:00 AM   #38
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

I own the same IWC Chronoflieger. Enjoying it since 2000. Reminds me to wear it more often.
Mine has the beads of rice metal bracelet, which is very comfortable.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:27 AM   #39
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:

well ,why don't you take the best top of the line Rolex and Hublot and compere them.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:34 AM   #40
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well ,why don't you take the best top of the line Rolex and Hublot and compere them.

I’m comparing a £6,550 submariner with a £8,500 hublot... the Rolex wins by about 50x.

I don’t get your point?

Old 23 July 2020, 08:49 AM   #41
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m comparing a £6,550 submariner with a £8,500 hublot... the Rolex wins by about 50x.

I don’t get your point?

My point? my PP 5524g and 5070 makes more "awful rattling noise" them my Hublot,perpetual calendar - according to you this makes those watches as far as the quality no where near a Rolex. I have daytona, deepsea and day-date as well.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:20 PM   #42
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hi Muhle, thanks for sharing. Nothing is quite as robust and durable as a Rolex in the luxury watch game, including the holy trinity so it might not be a fair comparison. A Rolex is considered bullet proof, I've not heard that said for of any other luxury brand. How does it compare to your IWC?

That said an 'awful rattling noise' sounds very concerning nevertheless. Did you buy the watch new from an AD? Can you go back and try on another fusion to compare the noise to your own piece? At least you'll know if it's to be expected or out of the ordinary.

One of the posters who owns both Hublot & Patek state the Pateks are noiser so you may be overthinking it.

A noisy watch is usually a sign that the rotor needs lubrication. It should't make the awful rattling noise you describe. Ask your AD to send it to Hublot for appraisal if you are still not convinced. Brand new watches can sometimes leave the factory under lubricated or can dry out a little over time if sitting in safes and shop windows for too long. It's more common that you think and can happen with Rolex too.

Rolex's new movement, the 3235 is getting a bit of negative feedback due to noise and lubrication issues. The subs have the older tried and tested 3135 movement which don't get these complaints.

Yeah it's a shame you can't post a video, I'd like to see and hear it for myself. You can PM me your number and WhapsApp me the video if you like? I'll do my best to help you.

It does look beautiful though, as does your IWC (another brand I really like) although I must admit I prefer them on leather and bracelets. I think they look a bit out of place on rubber and natos. Such a shame it has left you feeling underwhelmed.

Let me know how you get on if you do go back to the AD.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:25 PM   #43
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I own the same IWC Chronoflieger. Enjoying it since 2000. Reminds me to wear it more often.
Mine has the beads of rice metal bracelet, which is very comfortable.
The beads of rice bracelet look spectacular on the IWC's, my personal favorite. They are widely considered to be the most comfortable metal bracelet too.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:28 PM   #44
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Muhle, thanks for sharing. Nothing is quite as robust and durable as a Rolex in the luxury watch game, including the holy trinity so it might not be a fair comparison. A Rolex is considered bullet proof, I've not heard that said for of any other luxury brand. How does it compare to your IWC?

That said an 'awful rattling noise' sounds very concerning nevertheless. Did you buy the watch new from an AD? Can you go back and try on another fusion to compare the noise to your own piece? At least you'll know if it's to be expected or out of the ordinary.

One of the posters who owns both Hublot & Patek state the Pateks are noiser so you may be overthinking it.

A noisy watch is usually a sign that the rotor needs lubrication. It should't make the awful rattling noise you describe. Ask your AD to send it to Hublot for appraisal if you are still not convinced. Brand new watches can sometimes leave the factory under lubricated or can dry out a little over time if sitting in safes and shop windows for too long. It's more common that you think and can happen with Rolex too.

Rolex's new movement, the 3235 is getting a bit of negative feedback due to noise and lubrication issues. The subs have the older tried and tested 3135 movement which don't get these complaints.

Yeah it's a shame you can't post a video, I'd like to see and hear it for myself. You can PM me your number and WhapsApp me the video if you like? I'll do my best to help you.

It does look beautiful though, as does your IWC (another brand I really like) although I must admit I prefer them on leather and bracelets. I think they look a bit out of place on rubber and natos. Such a shame it has left you feeling underwhelmed.

Let me know how you get on if you do go back to the AD.

Thanks for the reply ! Yes I purchased if new from the AD, it will indeed be going back, I have contacted hublot direct this morning.

My IWC I do swap between the standard leather strap and the canvas khaki and black straps I have as they make for a more causal look.

I will PM you my number, thanks in advance !

Old 23 July 2020, 07:32 PM   #45
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
My point? my PP 5524g and 5070 makes more "awful rattling noise" them my Hublot,perpetual calendar - according to you this makes those watches as far as the quality no where near a Rolex. I have daytona, deepsea and day-date as well.
Chill Slawa, the OP asked TRF for their opinions prior to purchase and is giving his feedback post purchase. It's an understandable comment, don't take it personally.

You have an amazing collection by the way. It is interesting to hear you say your Pateks are noisier than your Hublot though. I'm not privileged enough to compare the two side by side.

Keep up the good work and remain blessed.
Old 23 July 2020, 07:53 PM   #46
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Great posts Mate.

Eddie.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 09:44 AM   #47
slawa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Chill Slawa, the OP asked TRF for their opinions prior to purchase and is giving his feedback post purchase. It's an understandable comment, don't take it personally.

You have an amazing collection by the way. It is interesting to hear you say your Pateks are noisier than your Hublot though. I'm not privileged enough to compare the two side by side.

My apologists guys, I'm just shearing my experience from awning those watches over the years , all automatics make a winding sound some more, some less , Dropping a watch on floor can damage or realign the gears .Out of these box below from noisy to quiet ones Tag , Patek Daytona ,Omega Deepsea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn_20190915_121505.jpg (169.2 KB, 186 views)
Old 30 July 2020, 06:58 AM   #48
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Update,

It’s been sent to Hublot’s service centre, I’ve asked for an honest report of their findings,

Would you guys ask for anything as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience?

Thanks

Old 30 July 2020, 07:24 AM   #49
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Why not ask?

Quote:
Update,

It’s been sent to Hublot’s service centre, I’ve asked for an honest report of their findings,

Would you guys ask for anything as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience?

Thanks

Maybe you can get a strap out of the deal.
Old 30 July 2020, 08:34 AM   #50
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe you can get a strap out of the deal.
Yeah or some swag.
Old 7 August 2020, 07:41 AM   #51
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Update : Hublot have confirmed the rotor was loose

Old 22 August 2020, 07:33 PM   #52
LOWERCASE GUY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update : Hublot have confirmed the rotor was loose

When is it due back? Have they said? Didn't sound like the rotor to me.

Good result in the end.
Old 23 August 2020, 06:26 PM   #53
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
When is it due back? Have they said? Didn't sound like the rotor to me.

Good result in the end.

It came back... damaged. It sounded better, I went to the Bond Street Hublot store as they gifted me a rubber strap for the inconvenience, that was fitted and then scratched the clasp with the spring bar during fitting, I compared mine to another which sounded the same. So maybe Hublot’s just sound cheap and nasty... it’s back with hublot now for a replacement bezel and rectifying the clasp scratch.

Old 23 August 2020, 06:28 PM   #54
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It came back... damaged. It sounded better, I went to the Bond Street Hublot store as they gifted me a rubber strap for the inconvenience, that was fitted and then scratched the clasp with the spring bar during fitting, I compared mine to another which sounded the same. So maybe Hublot’s just sound cheap and nasty... it’s back with hublot now for a replacement bezel and rectifying the clasp scratch.

Oh... and the chronograph hands had white fingerprint type marks on them... Apparently the watch wasn’t taken out of the case, so how the repair was carried out I don’t know. I think they are incompetent and to be honest I think I will either sell it on or speak to where I got it from for a refund. (They have already offered me an exchange for a new one arranged by hublot after the bezel scratch)

Old 24 August 2020, 10:52 AM   #55
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

That is a disappointing story. Watches are supposed to come out of service better.

I had my IWC Chronoflieger serviced about five years ago. It came back terrific!
Old 25 August 2020, 06:36 AM   #56
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is a disappointing story. Watches are supposed to come out of service better.

I had my IWC Chronoflieger serviced about five years ago. It came back terrific!

Yes I’m pretty disappointed to be honest, I’ve only had the watch in my position for about a week throughout the whole time I’ve owned it, I wonder what it comes back from hublot like this time? It’s quite a shame as now i don’t really want it back at all. Just ruined the whole luxury element

Old 31 August 2020, 12:29 AM   #57
Muhle
"TRF" Member

It’s back again from hublot, this time there’s a new mark on the bezel and dust under the glass. How can they seriously operate like this?!

Old 31 August 2020, 12:34 AM   #58
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Can you email someone higher up?
Old 31 August 2020, 01:38 AM   #59
Muhle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can you email someone higher up?

I’m currently dealing with the UK after sales manager, I got Bond Street Hublot’s opinion yesterday which was nice as they were honest and said it needs to be returned to the service centre again, and I’ve now involved the store I purchased it from who is going to speak to their Hublot contact

Old 31 August 2020, 02:21 AM   #60
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Sorry you have to go through so much. It’s supposed to fun!