The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 21 April 2020, 03:23 AM   #31
LigerBelair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 50th A
It looks like all of these kinds of threads have, in fact, been banned. Bad call imo and I'm not going to frequent a board where obviously relevant and timely threads are banned.
LigerBelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:23 AM   #32
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyS View Post
There are a lot of threads where people post their dislike/annoyance for that particular topic. It just baffles me that they take the time out to read and comment on something they don't want to read.

Its simple really - if you don't like it, don't read it or click on it. Stop the whining!
I agree.

What’s even more amazing is a 6 post in 7 years member ranting. (Fact. Not calling out negatively)

That’s why I post and engage. I don’t wait for what I want to discuss, I open it up.

Put effort to engage new discussions rather than wait for what you want.

Then see what happens.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:26 AM   #33
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudo_root View Post
I joined as this is a forum for Rolex enthusiasts and owners, not to see people hijack it as a vehicle for market manipulation to drive demand for model X over Y based on rumors and innuendo. Or lately, promoting the narrative that these “luxury toys” are still sound investments or other nonsense. There are dedicated facebook groups for dealers, speculators, and manipulators to talk about and collude on the Rolex/watch market as a whole. Anyhow, I know these threads will persist and no rules will be enacted to prevent them but I’m bored of seeing nothing but incredibly transparent tactics by grey’s and other invested parties to leverage this forum to their advantage. All as a means to help offload their bloated inventory before the inevitability of a severe crash occurs thanks to Covid.

Flame away...
Plus one brotha. But guess what, as long as "donations" are being accepted here, expect the status quo to remain the same.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:28 AM   #34
Papanas
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Sunset Blues
I’d tread carefully on the subject of banning
From what I’ve seen in my short time here
there’s a lot of banning going on.
Papanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:41 AM   #35
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Being such an enthusiast, what have you contributed in your 6 posts since 2013 to the forum to help out other enthusiasts like you? :)

but yes all the threads are annoying as well as all of the threads complaining about the annoyances.

PPS even being an "enthusiast" is boring now, I mean, how many times can you look at the same damn watch pics over and over and over and over...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All of this time off made me realize how being an enthusiast is actually kind of boring and redundant
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:44 AM   #36
djyolky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
Being such an enthusiast, what have you contributed in your 6 posts since 2013 to the forum to help out other enthusiasts like you? :)

but yes all the threads are annoying as well as all of the threads complaining about the annoyances.

PPS even being an "enthusiast" is boring now, I mean, how many times can you look at the same damn watch pics over and over and over and over...... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All of this time off made me realize how being an enthusiast is actually kind of boring and redundant
Agree with this... I mean how many times can a watch be photographed without becoming boring? I guess that makes me not a watch enthusiast compared to others here. Which is just fine.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
djyolky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 03:46 AM   #37
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerBelair View Post
It looks like all of these kinds of threads have, in fact, been banned. Bad call imo and I'm not going to frequent a board where obviously relevant and timely threads are banned.
Well thats up to you leave if you want to its that simple, instead of posting about do it.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 04:05 AM   #38
sudo_root
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
It’s a bit disingenuous to frame this as a general complaint or ranting. Thread titles alone are enough to dupe general members/viewers into a false narrative which benefits grey dealers and other interested parties. This is market manipulation, and by proxy I’m seeing arguments from some folks essentially endorsing the TRF be coopted for the enablement of speculative behavior. Additionally, rather than focusing on me I’d encourage people to discuss the argument at hand which stands on its own. My post count, whether 6 or 6,000 is entirely divorced from the actual merit of the argument. Additionally, as many have suggested I’m not merely complaining, but I’m asking for a solution to be implemented to lessen the influence and undue harm caused by manipulators and speculators in this forum. A suggestion to simply ignore a problem is not by any means a reasonable solution to a problem, much like asking a driver to simply avoid potholes in the road instead of calling it to the attention of people empowered to fix them.
sudo_root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 04:06 AM   #39
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
It’s a bit disingenuous to frame this as a general complaint or ranting. Thread titles alone are enough to dupe general members/viewers into a false narrative which benefits grey dealers and other interested parties. This is market manipulation, and by proxy I’m seeing arguments from some folks essentially endorsing the TRF be coopted for the enablement of speculative behavior. Additionally, rather than focusing on me I’d encourage people to discuss the argument at hand which stands on its own. My post count, whether 6 or 6,000 is entirely divorced from the actual merit of the argument. Additionally, as many have suggested I’m not merely complaining, but I’m asking for a solution to be implemented to lessen the influence and undue harm caused by manipulators and speculators in this forum. A suggestion to simply ignore a problem is not by any means a reasonable solution to a problem, much like asking a driver to simply avoid potholes in the road instead of calling it to the attention of people empowered to fix them.
Fair enough.

A ban clickbait thread looks to be in the works.
Old 21 April 2020, 04:11 AM   #40
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyS View Post
There are a lot of threads where people post their dislike/annoyance for that particular topic. It just baffles me that they take the time out to read and comment on something they don't want to read.

Its simple really - if you don't like it, don't read it or click on it. Stop the whining!
QFT
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 04:11 AM   #41
Amazing Lady
Banned

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well thats up to you leave if you want to its that simple, instead of posting about do it.
You did that once.
Amazing Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 04:20 AM   #42
STLrolexfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notepad12 View Post
Instead of an outright ban, what about a sub section where it can be discussed freely?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
This seems like the right approach...I'm hoping to buy a watch or two in the coming months and I'd love to be able to hear what the word on the street is regarding availability, etc., across the country!
STLrolexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:18 AM   #43
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Lady View Post
You did that once.
But I was going to hang my hat up after almost 15 years on the forum because a life threatening ongoing health problems, big difference dont you think.Now that was something to really worry about, and not superficial stuff like some threads may or not be banned.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 April 2020, 05:24 AM   #44
FTX I
"TRF" Member

This is a watch forum so people will discuss the watch market.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:32 AM   #45
Soondooboo
"TRF" Member

Why ban them? This isn't North Korea. What's the point of a watch discussion forum otherwise when you can't discuss the most obvious thing happening to our watches right now
Soondooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:33 AM   #46
JebM
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
So what do you think about market pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JebM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:35 AM   #47
brandog
Banned

Makes a thread about wanting to ban threads about his thread
brandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:40 AM   #48
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soondooboo View Post
Why ban them? This isn't North Korea. What's the point of a watch discussion forum otherwise when you can't discuss the most obvious thing happening to our watches right now

Serious insult to compare a free forum managing content to oppressed people living in fear.

Any screenshots of people challenging DPRK forum mods, and not being killed, re-educated or have your family punished for it?

C’mon already.
Old 21 April 2020, 05:40 AM   #49
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandog View Post
Makes a thread about wanting to ban threads about his thread
Ha.
Old 21 April 2020, 05:42 AM   #50
Kirsty87
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 36mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
This is a watch forum so people will discuss the watch market.
Seems that simple to me.
Kirsty87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 05:54 AM   #51
Soondooboo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Serious insult to compare a free forum managing content to oppressed people living in fear.

Any screenshots of people challenging DPRK forum mods, and not being killed, re-educated or have your family punished for it?

C’mon already.
I literally said it's not like North Korea so not sure who you're trying to argue with lol. Sorry if I offended you it was meant to be a figure of speech
Soondooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 06:06 AM   #52
Chewbacca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soondooboo View Post
I literally said it's not like North Korea so not sure who you're trying to argue with lol. Sorry if I offended you it was meant to be a figure of speech
Not quite.

But it’s cool.

Old 21 April 2020, 06:25 AM   #53
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcjvr View Post
Can we ask how many rolls of toilet paper our Rolexes can be traded for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 06:34 AM   #54
Watchdaytona
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I joined as this is a forum for Rolex enthusiasts and owners, not to see people hijack it as a vehicle for market manipulation to drive demand for model X over Y based on rumors and innuendo. Or lately, promoting the narrative that these “luxury toys” are still sound investments or other nonsense. There are dedicated facebook groups for dealers, speculators, and manipulators to talk about and collude on the Rolex/watch market as a whole. Anyhow, I know these threads will persist and no rules will be enacted to prevent them but I’m bored of seeing nothing but incredibly transparent tactics by grey’s and other invested parties to leverage this forum to their advantage. All as a means to help offload their bloated inventory before the inevitability of a severe crash occurs thanks to Covid.

Flame away...
Is this a joke?
You've contributed 7 posts in 7 years including this one. I think its pretty irrelevant what you think, maybe just don't read the posts that you aren't interested in. If your serious then maybe start some threads and have some input yourself. I can't wait to see how interesting they will be.
Watchdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 06:40 AM   #55
jamesthejeweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: PLATONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdaytona View Post
Is this a joke?

You've contributed 7 posts in 7 years including this one. I think its pretty irrelevant what you think, maybe just don't read the posts that you aren't interested in. If your serious then maybe start some threads and have some input yourself. I can't wait to see how interesting they will be.
Can we try to maintain decorum and respect to members.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

J-T-J
jamesthejeweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 09:45 AM   #56
Greg 59
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe not all of us see this topic as a problem. Many on here clearly like discussing pricing and availability. Afterall it represents a large portion of how we go about building up our collections.
I personally find the WRUW photo threads pretty annoying. Every bloody day we have the same old, same old. But I've never even considered calling for a ban on them. Obviously many people like them judging by the length of the threads some times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Greg 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2020, 07:44 PM   #57
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg 59 View Post
Maybe not all of us see this topic as a problem. Many on here clearly like discussing pricing and availability. Afterall it represents a large portion of how we go about building up our collections.
I personally find the WRUW photo threads pretty annoying. Every bloody day we have the same old, same old. But I've never even considered calling for a ban on them. Obviously many people like them judging by the length of the threads some times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
You could say the same thing about prices will this go up in value if I buy this or that, plus availability which every one knows by the countless repetitive posts on forum like you put every bloody day.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 21 April 2020, 09:27 PM   #58
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
You could say the same thing about prices will this go up in value if I buy this or that, plus availability which every one knows by the countless repetitive posts on forum like you put every bloody day.
Thank you Peter and to all the moderators for all that you do.

It is tough enforcing rules that are clearly posted at the top of the forum but some still want to turn this into a shopping service.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote