The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 June 2020, 07:53 AM   #1
cleansocks
"TRF" Member

Loose / difficult to wind crown after service

I have a 2001 breitling crosswind I recently got back from full service. I find that pulled out, the crown is rather wiggly still, unlike my other watches (mostly rolex) and it's very hard to wind still or screw back in. No timing issues as far as I can tell as a layman without doing any fancy tests.

I'm wondering if this is normal? The authorized dealer seems to think it is but it seems strange to me.
cleansocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 12:52 PM   #2
ColtFletcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ref. 3729/1
I would contact your dealer asap and report your findings. Might want to drop it off and get documentation it is "not correct". May need to send back out for inspection. Worse case, it's fine and you receive another case!
Old 29 June 2020, 06:16 AM   #3
Malum
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 D-Blue
At the beginning of the year I sent two watches to Breitling for service . A Chronomat blackbird and an Aviastar . The Chronomat came back with a sticky chronograph button and the Aviastar would not run at all . Had to send them both back and they both came back fully functional .
Malum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 12:18 AM   #4
Themarinesurveyor
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520 (-;
Icon9 Emergency screw down winder issues.

I received my emergency back from a factory service and found the screw-down crown did not work. The independent breitling service centre in Miami has been forced to close reportedly due to official policy. Therefore I took it to the Boutique in the Aventura mall where the salesman looked at my 10-year-old emergency and stated that model does/did not have a screw-down crown!

Previously I have twice sent my watch back to Breitling for battery replacement and service I don't believe the glib salesperson answer especially after a ten-year ownership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansocks View Post
I have a 2001 breitling crosswind I recently got back from full service. I find that pulled out, the crown is rather wiggly still, unlike my other watches (mostly rolex) and it's very hard to wind still or screw back in. No timing issues as far as I can tell as a layman without doing any fancy tests.

I'm wondering if this is normal? The authorized dealer seems to think it is but it seems strange to me.
Themarinesurveyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 05:21 AM   #5
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
Breitling crowns and their winding capability tend to have different feels and in general are just super inconsistent, especially when looking at Chronomats. If you legitimately think there is an issue, send it back, BUSA is open. If you just think winding it feels a little different, I would wait a little before you send it back.
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2020, 07:17 AM   #6
aiden33
Banned

Although they told you this, I would contact your dealer as soon as possible to get a better understanding of the situation. Try to avoid tampering with it too much on your own without speaking with a professional about the professional.
aiden33 is offline   Reply With Quote