The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 23 January 2015, 03:10 AM   #1
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Lume 5167 a bit shoddy

I bought a 10x loupe lol

Everyone warned me don't look at your rolex! Unfortunately I found nothing wrong with my rolex but found something I didn't care for on my patek. Go figure.

The lume on the hour hand is sort of rough and poorly applied. The result is a noticeable dark spot on the hand, particularly when glowing.

Not sure I even care but maybe PP would replace it under warranty?

Couldn't get a good picture, sorry

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421946624.056778.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421946632.576598.jpg
Old 23 January 2015, 03:22 AM   #2
SearChart
TechXpert

Do you notice it without 10× magnification?
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 03:32 AM   #3
FlatlineEF9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
That aint cool. I looked at mine under a 10x loop and was in luck then
Old 23 January 2015, 03:36 AM   #4
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Are the hands totally flat with no faceting?
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 03:48 AM   #5
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Do you notice it without 10× magnification?
Did I before, no....but now yes it can be seen. I could point it out to you and you would be able to see it no problem from up close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatlineEF9 View Post
That aint cool. I looked at mine under a 10x loop and was in luck then
Good to know it is atypical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
Are the hands totally flat with no faceting?
Not sure I understand... Sorry I am not too bright today
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 04:43 AM   #6
SearChart
TechXpert

I personally wouldn't be bothered by it, or at least I think I wouldn't be since I'm used to slight imperfections on my watches, but those are of course in a completely different price class.

Also, having both a 3.5× loupe and 10× for watchmaking I personally prefer using the 3.5× for looking at my watches, it let's you see all the fine details without showing too much if you know what I mean.

Back to the subject... if you are bothered by it you can try to get it fixed under warranty, but knowing PP you might have to say goodbye to your watch for a few months and if you're even more unlucky it might cost you a few hundred bucks, it is of course an imperfection which in my opinion should not exist on any modern PP.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 04:50 AM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I personally wouldn't be bothered by it, or at least I think I wouldn't be since I'm used to slight imperfections on my watches, but those are of course in a completely different price class.

Also, having both a 3.5× loupe and 10× for watchmaking I personally prefer using the 3.5× for looking at my watches, it let's you see all the fine details without showing too much if you know what I mean.

Back to the subject... if you are bothered by it you can try to get it fixed under warranty, but knowing PP you might have to say goodbye to your watch for a few months and if you're even more unlucky it might cost you a few hundred bucks, it is of course an imperfection which in my opinion should not exist on any modern PP.
Exactly my thoughts...Oh well I have a year plus of warranty remaining, so plenty of time to deliberate.
Old 23 January 2015, 04:53 AM   #8
Jabberjaw
Banned

If it can't be seen with the naked eye, HSWA will not cover it under warranty.
Jabberjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2015, 05:21 AM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberjaw View Post
If it can't be seen with the naked eye, HSWA will not cover it under warranty.
Good to know. It certainly can be in this instance.
Old 23 January 2015, 12:36 PM   #10
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:

I agree, what I would do is let PP know about it, and ask them if when you will do the 5 year servicing they can fix it for you, but would surely not let go of my 5712 for God only knows how many months for such a minor problem, even if i understand that at this price range and on a Patek, you should not have this imperfection, the watch should be perfect in every aspect
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote