The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 October 2019, 10:37 AM   #1
ma.st.
"TRF" Member

"single owner" 1665 Mk1 originality help

Hi all,

I actually love threads like these bc I feel like I learn more details every time I read one. And well now it's my turn to bring a watch to the chopping block.

Found this watch while traveling. Wasn't for sale, left my info, got a call today that the owner wants to sell and I'm first on the list of interested parties.

Here's what I've got so far:
Mk1 Great white 1665
5,389,xxx (1978)
9315/380 bracelet
no accessories.

Original owner selling via the dealer I am in contact with. The dealer does not have the watch, they did not buy it, original owner still has it but happened to have it in the shop for evaluation the day I stumbled in. They did a sort of appraisal and thus have all the info provided to me.

According to the seller, it was purchased brand new in 1984, never serviced and "worn only a few times."

Please, tear it apart for originality and condition. The watch looked too good to be true when I saw it and tried it on. The bracelet was exceptional and very tight. I like to wear my watches so it may be too nice for me

They are reaching out to the owner to bring the watch back in to provide me with more specifics and pictures.

If it passes muster, I will be planning to purchase it.

I did find it interesting it had a 9315/380 bracelet however I assume there is a lot of grey area on the 9315 to 93150 transition.

Thanks to all the vintage and specifically SD experts in advance.

These are the only pictures I was able to snap that day (traveling with my family and couldn't spend too much time watch browsing)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4696.JPG (32.5 KB, 892 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4698.JPG (32.3 KB, 895 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4700.JPG (27.5 KB, 890 views)
ma.st. is offline   Reply With Quote