The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 8 March 2010, 12:07 PM   #151
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
In the defence of the buyer, the seller stated that the watch was checked out by his watch repair person, and it was in good running condition, which leads a buyer to believe it is a good watch.

If the seller did not put that into his listing then he would be off the hook.

As a business man, with several decades of service to the public, I stand by my work and if I say that the product was checked out it has been checked out and I stand behind my work.

Now I would never sell anything without a warantee behind it, and I work with thousands of dollars of product all the time, some are used safes, and the electronics in them alone are worth thousands of dollars. If I sold a safe, and three weeks later the customer told me the electronic lock quit, I would do anything to take care of the customer, I would not blow them off.

I have a name in the safe and vault community that cannot be tarnished by one problem that can be taken care of, it is important to understand if the watch was sold AS IS, the buyer accepts that it could be a piece of crap. However if the seller states in the advertisment that it has been checked out buy his watch repair man than the assumption is it is in good condition.

Movements in Rolex watches are not cheep, it is important the customer bought the watch with a movement that was in good working order.
Old 8 March 2010, 12:20 PM   #152
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetrends View Post
In the defence of the buyer, the seller stated that the watch was checked out by his watch repair person, and it was in good running condition, which leads a buyer to believe it is a good watch.

If the seller did not put that into his listing then he would be off the hook.

As a business man, with several decades of service to the public, I stand by my work and if I say that the product was checked out it has been checked out and I stand behind my work.

Now I would never sell anything without a warantee behind it, and I work with thousands of dollars of product all the time, some are used safes, and the electronics in them alone are worth thousands of dollars. If I sold a safe, and three weeks later the customer told me the electronic lock quit, I would do anything to take care of the customer, I would not blow them off.

I have a name in the safe and vault community that cannot be tarnished by one problem that can be taken care of, it is important to understand if the watch was sold AS IS, the buyer accepts that it could be a piece of crap. However if the seller states in the advertisment that it has been checked out buy his watch repair man than the assumption is it is in good condition.

Movements in Rolex watches are not cheep, it is important the customer bought the watch with a movement that was in good working order.
I'll second that Dave,

I stand behind my work to and heavily rely on return patronage, my clientele come first and if there is an issue I'm there and sorting it out, I've been in business now for just over four years and have never lost a client, I don't have to advertise as word of mouth is a powerful tool.

I'm not a charity, but if it takes a small loss to keep a client on the books and happy then I have no issue, even the smallest bad word can spread and damage reputation, and I would prefer having a clear conscience and thats something you can bank on.

So as someone who provides a service I uphold the highest standard, I have worked too damn hard for years to get to this point, and its not worth loosing face over a couple hundred bucks, I like my clientele too much to let them slip away.

Old 8 March 2010, 12:30 PM   #153
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Billjetpilot. Littleton, Colorado. Another ebay seller gone bad. Read this thread on The Rolex Forums. Watchout.

Here is the google link:

http://www.google.com/search?q=billj...ient=firefox-a
billjetpilot

WILLIAM K HINKLEY
5531 s cedar st
LITTLETON, CO 80120

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 8 March 2010, 12:55 PM   #154
Earl Camembert
Banned

The seller would have been smart to make some kind of deal as sellers on TRF do quite well and have buyers that know what they are doing.

When I buy a watch I take it in and have it serviced; I figure that into the purchase. I don't know the history of the watch and even if it was serviced who did it.

As for the cost $600, I can't walk into Rolex USA for less than $650 for a cleaning.

I am not taking sides I just love the let it all hang out give and take.
Old 8 March 2010, 02:05 PM   #155
sakuraba
"TRF" Member

Watch: sun dial
Quote:
You cannot do anything with a turd except flush it down the sh**ter.
Where do you get these pics, Dave?
T 16600 SD
D 16610 LV

"fine quality is remembered long after the pain of spending money" -Steve Mulholland
Old 8 March 2010, 02:16 PM   #156
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF/1 View Post
Am I the only one here that kind of agrees with the seller?
Nope, spot on - talk about a lynch mob. Will avoid dealing with both in the future.
Old 8 March 2010, 02:19 PM   #157
Safetrends
Banned

Watch: my hand. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
Where do you get these pics, Dave?
I pull them out of my hat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mad-hatter.jpg (28.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 8 March 2010, 02:27 PM   #158
MikeyTX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116613LN Sub
The vital lession to be learned here is

"Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd ............ "
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buffalo herd I.jpg (57.0 KB, 142 views)
Old 8 March 2010, 03:17 PM   #159
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
You cannot do anything with a turd except flush it down the sh**ter.
Great pic Dave!

And thanks stevo for flushing...
Old 8 March 2010, 04:34 PM   #160
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
"Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd ............ "
But one can cause massive destruction.

Closed Thread