The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 31 January 2013, 05:35 AM   #121
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechman View Post
Bullshit. I did, in fact pay for shipping, parts and gave a decent tip. The service was offered because Alfred knows I'm an honest guy.

Get you facts straight before you shoot your mouth off.

Ok Guys Lets all calm down and take a deep breath... There is no point in getting all upset. we are all friends here...

Gaijin,

I would have posted here an update of what have transpired but my thinking was let sleeping dogs lie. I did not want to bump the thread again and let it die out. But here it is since its already awaken again.

Woody, Sent us a check for $128. He insisted to give $50 to my watchmaker as a tip for a job well done. He also included $20 for parts I didnt want to accept it but then again he insisted. The rest was for shipping the watch back to him.

we did a full service and polish for woody.

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
Old 31 January 2013, 05:44 AM   #122
MonBK
Banned

Wow, a whole $128 for a full service including shipping!!!
Old 31 January 2013, 06:06 AM   #123
imono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Bullshit. I did, in fact pay for shipping, parts and gave a decent tip. The service was offered because Alfred knows I'm an honest guy.

Get you facts straight before you shoot your mouth off. .
I must have misread but where was this fact stated in this thread except when you just wrote it? The part where you paid for shipping, parts and a decent tip?
Old 31 January 2013, 06:08 AM   #124
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
This should be just put to rest regarding the watch or anything in that regard. I'm sure this thread will be a warning to future buyers. No need to create further off topic drama IMO. Good day.
Old 31 January 2013, 06:41 AM   #125
threemonkeys
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTIIc, AK, LVc
Seems to me this is really about a seller that, at the very least, lacks any type of decent customer service. And I don't understand why the OP's credibility is questioned simply because he was offered and accepted a free service from a nice member.

My next purchase will be made on TRF and I already know the short list of sellers I will deal with.
Old 31 January 2013, 07:37 AM   #126
Czechman
"TRF" Member

Watch: See my signature
Well, I can see this has reached the classic Internet critical mass and nothing constructive is going to happen from here on out. These things have a way of taking on a life of their own and there's only more who-struck-John drivel to come.

So I'm done here. Life is too short for this childish crap. Say what you want, I don't care. This whole thing is ancient history to me now.

Bye now, have a nice day...

19019, 19018x3, 17000x2, 16570x2, 16220, 5700, 1501, 6564, 16030, 16710, 16610

Old 31 January 2013, 08:17 AM   #127
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Czechman, you should have quit while you were ahead. You won. Faingator lost. But now you are throwing a temper tantrum because some members disagree with your view on the whole situation. If your ego can't accept some dissenting opinions, then don't post in a public venue like this.

Also, it doesn't help that you listed the watch for sale less than 2 weeks after you got it back from Alfred. I am fully aware of your reason for sale being that the watch is "too big" but even that is sort of disingenuous because you owned a 16570 which is almost the same watch except for the bezel. So presumably, you knew exactly how big a 16710 would be.
Old 31 January 2013, 10:34 AM   #128
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:

Get you facts straight before you shoot your mouth off.

Again with your anger there is no way that I would ever sell a watch to you.
Old 31 January 2013, 10:36 AM   #129
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by imono View Post
I must have misread but where was this fact stated in this thread except when you just wrote it? The part where you paid for shipping, parts and a decent tip?

Thank you.
Old 31 January 2013, 10:40 AM   #130
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
Czechman, you should have quit while you were ahead. You won. Faingator lost. But now you are throwing a temper tantrum because some members disagree with your view on the whole situation. If your ego can't accept some dissenting opinions, then don't post in a public venue like this.

Also, it doesn't help that you listed the watch for sale less than 2 weeks after you got it back from Alfred. I am fully aware of your reason for sale being that the watch is "too big" but even that is sort of disingenuous because you owned a 16570 which is almost the same watch except for the bezel. So presumably, you knew exactly how big a 16710 would be.

Wait. You are selling the watch after getting a $128 service from a kind member here. Just dumbfounded.
Old 31 January 2013, 11:44 PM   #131
afnios1

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post

Greed........
Old 1 February 2013, 01:37 AM   #132
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Just remember, (and this goes towards no one in particular) "You can't please all the people all of the time."
Old 3 February 2013, 02:05 PM   #133
Grissom
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc 18K/SS
Just read this whole thread, as well as the linked threads as well.

As someone who grew up in the jewelry business in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills, who has sold over 100's of expensive watches over the last 30 years, well before they took off, and became so "popular", I am astonished at how faingator has dealt with this and the other issues brought up in this thread. I have always operated as Greg, Alfred, and every one of the "trusted" folks here on TRF seem to do.....provide an excellent experience from beginning to end, with excellent merchandise, detailed and honest descriptions, and who make customer satisfaction paramount!

I personally see no issues with the OP, and would not hesitate to sell him a watch in the future. And I see no reason for the personal attacks on the OP, nor the nasty posts relating to him, as well. I think he was/is well within his right to expect the watch to be as described. Furthermore, it is up to a seller to clearly define all aspects of a transaction with the seller.

Failure to set clear return policies dictates a very liberal return policy: when I sold a watch, I guaranteed, FOREVER, to take back the watch, for a full refund, as long as the watch was basically in the same condition as when I sold it, and why not......when one sells good merchandise, at good prices, once can always sell such again, without much trouble, and often for more money, the next time around.

Finally, it is telling, in my opinion, that faingator has not jumped in here to offer his take on this and the other situations brought up here.

I, for one, would never do business with faingator, based on his history of issues, for however few, the fact that he chose to deal with them, as he has, rules him out, for me.

I am very glad this thread was started, so as to protect me from inadvertantly entering into a transaction with someone such as faingator, who clearly views customer service vastly different from how I do, and would like to thank all who shared their experiences, for allowing me to understand how this seller periodically deals with issues.

TRF is really an incredible place, and I have learned much, and acquired many nice watches, absolutely as a result of this fine forum, and the incredible membership. The members who have rallied around the OP are to be commended, for it is members such as them who make TRF such a wonderful place to hang out!

Who else needs an Intervention?
(109 297) (137 237) (73 115) (221) (23) (56) (229) P-Club Member #5

RIP JJ Irani - TRF Legend
Old 4 February 2013, 03:53 AM   #134
MiamiHeatLuver
"TRF" Member

After reading all of this.. its simple.. Don't sell to Czechman because he "might" be so hard to please.. and don't buy from Faingator because he "might" be lacking in customer service. Plain and simple in my eyes.
Old 4 February 2013, 05:06 AM   #135
Rags
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16233,16610,214270
This is the 2nd time that Faingator has had problems after selling a watch here on TRF. I must admit that when I was in the market for a sub I thought for a second to call him as he had one for sale & Tony Geha(Justrolexes) or DavidSW didn't at the time but I remembered the last thread about Faingator & the problems he had with another buyer & I quickly said to myself this guy could be a problem if something goes wrong.

I felt it was better to wait for Tony or David to get a sub in that I wanted & Tony Geha came through as always & we had a 3 minute conversation & the deal was made. I waited for my watch & didn't think twice about dealing with Tony (Justrolexes). The watch arrived the next day & was just as Tony described it. I have never dealt with DavidSW but I would NOT hesitate to do so & as for Tony Geha (Justrolexes) after 2 deals with him I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to anyone.

MR. FAINGATOR YOU WILL NEVER GET ANY OF MY BUSINESS !!!!!

114300 Oyster Perpetual
76200 Tudor Date+Day
Old 4 February 2013, 05:14 AM   #136
SkyKing31
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tridor Masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiHeatLuver View Post
After reading all of this.. its simple.. Don't sell to Czechman because he "might" be so hard to please.. and don't buy from Faingator because he "might" be lacking in customer service. Plain and simple in my eyes.
I don't see how Woody (czechman) is hard to please. He recieved a watch that wasn't as described and he was cautious after talking with Faingator. I would have had the same concerns that Woody had if I send thousands of dollars on a watch and it arrived in a condition that wasn't as described. Faingator has had this problem before, so Woody wasn't the only person this happened to. I would sell to Woody in a hearbeat because I know that there wouldn't be a problem. The major part of the problem wasn't really the condition of the watch. The major part was the way that Faingator handled the customer service issue.
Old 4 February 2013, 07:04 AM   #137
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKing31 View Post
I don't see how Woody (czechman) is hard to please. He recieved a watch that wasn't as described and he was cautious after talking with Faingator. I would have had the same concerns that Woody had if I send thousands of dollars on a watch and it arrived in a condition that wasn't as described. Faingator has had this problem before, so Woody wasn't the only person this happened to. I would sell to Woody in a hearbeat because I know that there wouldn't be a problem. The major part of the problem wasn't really the condition of the watch. The major part was the way that Faingator handled the customer service issue.
I have refrained from posting in this thread, not that anyone would really care about my opinion, but I will offer a little perspective from my experiences in my profession.

It is amazing, and a fact, how two people can look at exactly the same thing and see it different. (That is why eye witness testimony is not very reliable in a criminal prosecution.)

It is amazing how two people can read the same thing and interpret it different.

The facts in this thread are rather self evident, and it amazes me how some come to different conclusions. While amazed, I am not surprised in the least.

This thread has run its course many days ago and should be closed, but that is just my opinion.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 4 February 2013, 07:25 AM   #138
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

i agree time to close the thread it's over.
Old 4 February 2013, 09:51 AM   #139
Gaijin

IBTL!
Old 4 February 2013, 10:08 AM   #140
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Lock.
Old 4 February 2013, 10:09 AM   #141
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member