The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 12 November 2015, 04:23 AM   #151
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOB View Post
Even though I'm not a masochist, I'm also not a quitter, hence this saga still continues. Not much has changed on my end, but a couple of weeks ago, a person got in touch with me as he was also the victim of a scam identical to mine. Top top it off, the same woman that deposited the stolen check with no funds used on my case, was the same woman that did the same exact thing to him. As in my case, the "messenger" used in his case claims to have no knowledge of the woman as he was merely "running an errand".

The Rolex pictured above was sold a day before its 1 year old birthday and replaced with a Patek 5167, but that one too is gone now and replaced by an Apple Watch Sport. Yes, that is not a typo. Potential changes in the work environment/job security have led me to "simplify things in life".
it sucks but two years later i suggest you move on. owning an apple watch is nothing to frown upon. the majority of the world cant afford an apple watch. in turn things will even out.

learn from it and grow, don't dwell in the past.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2015, 07:11 AM   #152
hdrazor251
"TRF" Member

Watch: is recovered!!
Hope you get them! Good luck.
Old 1 July 2016, 05:39 PM   #153
Zopx-
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 116200
Quote:
Just because I'm not going to "let this go", figured some may be interested in what has happened since. The AP is gone due to a faulty mechanism that would make the watch just stop randomly. Since that model has no second hand, makes it difficult to determine when exactly the issue rose up. Long story short, I returned it and instead came back to Rolex. It's pretty, but I'm longing for something else already.....

Regarding the scam, the taxi driver still reports every Monday. Paperwork now at another governmental office and since we went through Presidential elections a few weeks back, all cases are "behind schedule". I've given up on hoping to get my watch back and catching all parties involved, but I will not rest until the taxi driver pays me back for my watch, even if that means he has to sell his car and make payments for the remainder. If he walks, then I'll chalk it up to an extremely expensive learning lesson.
I can find anybody in Panama. Talk to me.
Zopx- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2016, 05:44 PM   #154
graphicsdump
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601 TT Datejust
bummer!
graphicsdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2016, 02:15 AM   #155
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
This post is like 3 years old! My guess is thief is long gone.
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2016, 02:37 AM   #156
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
This is true wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
In my humble opinion you are beating yourself up for this too much. Take a deep breath. Forgive yourself and the thief from your higher self and you will gain clarity and a good resolution on this.

You chose to trust someone. That is not a bad thing. His bad. Not you.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2016, 11:52 PM   #157
neophyte88
"TRF" Member

Watch: bluesy, 114060, br
sorry to hear that.

i've rather do face to face in a public restaurant. safe for both.
neophyte88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2016, 12:07 AM   #158
GOB
"TRF" Member

Hello all. About a month ago the judge finally rendered her final say on the matter and that is that the taxi driver, though an obvious part of the scam, is not liable to me for my watch. The others are ultimately responsible, but since no trace can be found, I am out of luck. Though it stings just to think about it, at the end, it is just a material good that I am fortunate enough to easily replace. I am chalking this up to learning experience and hope to have shed some light unto others so they could avoid repeating the mistake I did and I do believe there is a higher power that will eventually make others pay for their mistakes.

Not the outcome I wanted, but "case closed".
GOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2016, 12:28 AM   #159
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it. Best of luck moving forward.

Quote:
Hello all. About a month ago the judge finally rendered her final say on the matter and that is that the taxi driver, though an obvious part of the scam, is not liable to me for my watch. The others are ultimately responsible, but since no trace can be found, I am out of luck. Though it stings just to think about it, at the end, it is just a material good that I am fortunate enough to easily replace. I am chalking this up to learning experience and hope to have shed some light unto others so they could avoid repeating the mistake I did and I do believe there is a higher power that will eventually make others pay for their mistakes.

Not the outcome I wanted, but "case closed".
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2016, 01:25 AM   #160
Peter99
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN & 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
That's sad to see this happen. It happens all too often, although we don't read about it here on the forum too much. I'm sorry that this had to happen to you.

Below is a thread from the Watchout Section that I posted two years ago regarding wire fund transfers and how to read your online statement. Be aware that any check that is deposited into your account can be fraudulent or counterfeit. Some counterfeit cashier checks, American Express checks , money orders etc. can take a week or two before they are identified as counterfeit.

Be careful out there!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...12716#poststop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_LEC View Post
This thief has no soul and is living a shallow and sad life. That sort of individual has no class or appreciation for life and is simply existing as a parasite on the rest of humanity who are trying to exist on a higher level.

They are no better than feral dogs on the street. Carry on knowing that you are 1000 times superior to that person.
I agree completely with what you say. They are absolute parasites. Here in the liberal UK they are looked about as deprived people who just need a little help to put them on the right road! Some hope. But you cannot tell that to the 'do-gooders'.
In olden days England used to ship these parasites off to 'down under' & 'across the pond'.
We cannot do things like that anymore, unfortunately!
Peter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2016, 01:43 AM   #161
jakerusty
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619, 16570
Thanks so much for posting your story. This will resonate in all of us for future transactions. So sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jakerusty is offline   Reply With Quote