The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 May 2018, 01:23 PM   #211
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb57 View Post
I never post but that was prob the most spot on post on this forum I have ever read!!!!
Thanks...

It's one thing to have an instagram with some cool stuff on it and show off a little...it's part of a marketing strategy in this internet of things business model for luxury goods and lifestyle. Those guys have a 100% legitimate business with employees, processes and integrity.

These bruhs who blast all there luxury $%# all over the place and sell watches off their rich bros wrist as their own stock are just bad news..No plan. No solvency. Just bling and risky business.

I have dealt with one of these types in the infancy of all this $%^. It was for some watch straps. The communication was so juvenile and over the top douche that I just couldn't deal with the bruh any longer....and that was just for less than $500 in straps. I couldn't imagine sending these guys serious money for anything....#no#no#brah
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2018, 07:23 AM   #212
yashparikh03
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear that OP . I hope this get resolved ASAP.

Regards,
Yash
yashparikh03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2018, 05:46 PM   #213
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
I actually heard/felt my stomach churn twice before deciding not to read on. This is not what the hobby is about. Sincerely all the best with this man.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Onikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2018, 03:26 AM   #214
jtpopper
"TRF" Member

Watch: In pursuit.
Charge interest. I would have gone soprano on him.
jtpopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 01:31 AM   #215
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I applaud the OP for being a gentleman.

I wouldn't be that calm and that understanding with $35K of my hard earned money floating out there.

As for Mike Russo, I exchanged a few emails and texts back in 2016 for a GMT. He immediately rubbed me the wrong way and came across as your typical upstate NY wanna be baller thug.

He deals with sneakers, hangs around with the Lamborghini and Ferrari crowd in upstate and NNJ - Cars and Coffee and cruises at the usual spots.

There's two types of hang outs around the tri-state for supercar owners - The enthusiasts and the douchebags - He hangs with the latter.

Probably would not be too hard to find if OP truly wanted to - I would be embarrassed to even go anywhere near insta and be a giant loser/poser while owing someone $35K

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Old 19 May 2018, 05:04 PM   #216
kkamran
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately, he has plausible deniability. Tough lesson.
kkamran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 09:41 PM   #217
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post

I wouldn't be that calm and that understanding with $35K of my hard earned money floating out there.

As for Mike Russo, I exchanged a few emails and texts back in 2016 for a GMT. He immediately rubbed me the wrong way and came across as your typical upstate NY wanna be baller thug.

He deals with sneakers, hangs around with the Lamborghini and Ferrari crowd in upstate and NNJ - Cars and Coffee and cruises at the usual spots.

There's two types of hang outs around the tri-state for supercar owners - The enthusiasts and the douchebags - He hangs with the latter.

Probably would not be too hard to find if OP truly wanted to - I would be embarrassed to even go anywhere near insta and be a giant loser/poser while owing someone $35K

ty for the insight

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 10:11 PM   #218
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
HELP! $35K nightmare w/ MB23 aka Michael Russo Rolex dealer

Quote:

If someone stole $35,000 from me and then had the stupidity to flash “new inventory” to sell in front of a lambo, and I could find his ass, I would go get some collateral on my loan to him.

This guy is a dirtbag wannabe and Fleetlord and Carlos have hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2018, 11:19 PM   #219
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Sadly the op is being played as a fool. I would get one of this person’s Pateks as repayment or my money NOW.If not I would get ahold of the DA in crook’s city as well as every authority I could find and take every legal action available. Crazy!!!And we even have people on this thread commending Op for being a gentleman- really ?!?!!!Unbelievable!
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 12:38 AM   #220
cdmorenot
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Sadly the op is being played as a fool. I would get one of this person’s Pateks as repayment or my money NOW.If not I would get ahold of the DA in crook’s city as well as every authority I could find and take every legal action available. Crazy!!!And we even have people on this thread commending Op for being a gentleman- really ?!?!!!Unbelievable!
The OP is a true gentleman - Correct me if I am wrong, but the 35k came out if his pocket, and not yours. Right?

If so, he has the choice to approach the situation however he pleases. So if you think he is being played a fool or not it is merely an opinion and it doesn't take away from the OPs character.

Whereas you and I would take an aggressive and less diplomatic approach, he chose to deal with this passively and I don't think anybody has the right to judge the OP over that choice.

Old 20 May 2018, 03:37 AM   #221
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Not judging him but his actions. You are right , it is his money. If he wants to lose it and enable a con man to continue in his theft he certainly has a right to. Not sure how that makes him a “gentleman”. Really ??
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 04:16 AM   #222
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The OP is a true gentleman - Correct me if I am wrong, but the 35k came out if his pocket, and not yours. Right?

If so, he has the choice to approach the situation however he pleases. So if you think he is being played a fool or not it is merely an opinion and it doesn't take away from the OPs character.

Whereas you and I would take an aggressive and less diplomatic approach, he chose to deal with this passively and I don't think anybody has the right to judge the OP over that choice.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I think your logic is flawed.

Gentleman does not equal getting taken advantage of.

A huge difference between being polite, respectful, accommodating..........and waiting 6 months, for something still not rectified, while a poser wannabe is flashing jewels in your face and you just sit back and pray he comes through.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 07:12 AM   #223
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I understand where you’re coming from, but I think your logic is flawed.

Gentleman does not equal getting taken advantage of.

A huge difference between being polite, respectful, accommodating..........and waiting 6 months, for something still not rectified, while a poser wannabe is flashing jewels in your face and you just sit back and pray he comes through.
X2. It is easy for all of us to sit here and play armchair QB, but if it were my 35K I would hire a bounty hunter to find his arse after one week passed without a watch arriving at my front door.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 07:38 PM   #224
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
So, agp16, have you collected any additional money since the first payment back to you?
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2018, 12:39 PM   #225
AmaBans
"TRF" Member

Any updates OP?

Hope everything came out in your favour!
AmaBans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2018, 12:44 PM   #226
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmaBans View Post
Any updates OP?

Hope everything came out in your favour!
It looks like the OP got what he needed here and has now moved on.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2018, 07:53 PM   #227
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Quote:

Agree !
I can be even a bit jealous that he uses this manner. I really can't be so diplomatic and nice…… But i do respect that he does, actually i quite like it...
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2018, 08:27 PM   #228
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
It looks like the OP got what he needed here and has now moved on.
or is silenced for the time being, awaiting the full refund from Michael, not wanting to jeopardize that by tarnishing his name further.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2018, 03:42 PM   #229
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
or is silenced for the time being, awaiting the full refund from Michael, not wanting to jeopardize that by tarnishing his name further.
He's only made 3 posts, all in this thread. My guess is we will never hear from him again.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 02:14 AM   #230
MinMay
Banned

Hello, was this fake news? :)

You can now buy a Daytona ceramic for $19 on his website :)

http://www.mrtimeinc.com/new-product...aytona-ceramic

or an AP for $91 :)

http://www.mrtimeinc.com/new-product...eel-openworked
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 03:21 AM   #231
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinMay View Post
Hello, was this fake news? :)

You can now buy a Daytona ceramic for $19 on his website :)

http://www.mrtimeinc.com/new-product...aytona-ceramic

or an AP for $91 :)

http://www.mrtimeinc.com/new-product...eel-openworked
LOL. Retail quoted as $78,000. Better snap them up before he realizes.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 03:40 AM   #232
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
Listen, I don't have a dog in this fight, but I think it's kind of fascinating how the internet mob is continues to light the torches, sharpen the pitchforks, and pontificate over the nuances of the guidelines set forth by the forum to ensure situations like this are covered, when in reality it appears that the OP and seller are already working out some sort of an agreement that's in their best interests given the circumstances.

In reality the mob continues to plot vigilante revenge, craft solutions to hypothetical issues, and confirm that the public beating in fact hasn't gone out of style; but that's because that's the society that we've evolved into.

Undoubtedly there were avoidable issues, clearly there were less than favorable choices made that have had a material impact, but in reality it becomes abundantly clear how many individuals here are business owners and how many aren't. It's easy for so many people to be able to discuss how issues are handled with hindsight being twenty twenty, but it's quite fascinating to see how people discuss issues when they take place in a vacuum and hypothesizing and learning from others' mistakes is the scenario at play.

I think a lot of people should take into account that while he is in this industry, there is a world outside of the forum, and there are a variety of facets within the industry in which people conduct their transactions. A situation like this for people more professional is an unfortunate occurrence that all individuals are cognizant of. I know from my experience in motorsports and other industries where I've had to ship things that this is an unfortunate reality. While I've lost only a small amount of money due to unscrupulous and malevolent employees of shipping companies, others I know have been far less lucky and have suffered hits in excess of tens of thousands of dollars. Hell, even in aviation I've see one guy drop off an engine worth $80k on a pallet only to realize a few days later that it was never scanned in and the f'in thing disappeared!

Either way, I'm just sitting here with popcorn watching the thread unfold and observing...
You´ve certainly covered a lot of the perceived problems. Care to offer any potential solutions too?
Old 1 July 2018, 11:35 PM   #233
usmcvet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor GMT
Once the OP took partial payment this became a civil issue. I doubt anyone would make an arrest or prosecute the seller at this time.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote