The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 11 June 2019, 06:56 AM   #121
TheWolfeTones
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chronomat 44
Great work OP. I'm relatively new to the fancy watch business (only brought my 1st Breitling a few months ago).

I'd no idea so much work went into these knock offs. It's amazing really.

I'll definitely be wary buying anything not from an AD. Can't be overly careful evidently. Those were incredible spots you made between the real and the fake.
Old 11 June 2019, 08:49 AM   #122
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Personally, I’ve seen all I need to see to draw my conclusion. However, I agree that reasonable people may differ on this. For those who haven’t yet seen enough evidence, I would think they’d be encouraging the OP to keep producing everything he’s got, regardless of its source. I think we’re all capable of giving it the weight it deserves.
Old 11 June 2019, 09:38 AM   #123
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

I hope the OP doesn't go away, seems many here (self included as I've already said) appreciate the work.

It didn't have to be a RARE and sought after vintage model for me to perk up and pay attention, that just makes it all the more sinister and exciting.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:03 AM   #124
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post
I hope the OP doesn't go away, seems many here (self included as I've already said) appreciate the work.

It didn't have to be a RARE and sought after vintage model for me to perk up and pay attention, that just makes it all the more sinister and exciting.
Oh... the titillation of gossip and innuendo. My oh my!

The OP'S writing style and teases for more are composed to tell a tale that appeals to the base instincts of a receptive audience, regardless of the ethical dilemma of doxxing a stranger for the entertainment of the audience.

Internet accusations are forever. You can't unring the bell. The evidence needs to be ironclad. What has been presented so far doesn't rise to that standard.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:06 AM   #125
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Guess we'll have to wait for the alleged/possible scammer to respond.........never.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:20 AM   #126
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Guess we'll have to wait for the alleged/possible scammer to respond.........never.
Is it possible that the rugby dude is a dumb jock, robbed a bank, and used his own car for the getaway? Absolutely.

Is it also possible that someone stole his identity and he has no idea all this is going on? Absolutely.

Is it irresponsible to assume the first case is true without disproving the second case? Absolutely.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:25 AM   #127
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Is it possible that the rugby dude is a dumb jock, robbed a bank, and used his own car for the getaway? Absolutely.

Is it also possible that someone stole his identity and he has no idea all this is going on? Absolutely.

Is it irresponsible to assume the first case is true without disproving the second case? Absolutely.
Whomever is behind the Classifieds listing here had a reasonable level of knowledge that he/she was offering a less than correct watch.

Whether or not the username here that offered the watch in question for sale and the dumb jock are one in the same..... that I cannot say for sure yet.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:34 AM   #128
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Whomever is behind the Classifieds listing here had a reasonable level of knowledge that he/she was offering a less than correct watch.

Whether or not the username here that offered the watch in question for sale and the dumb jock are one in the same..... that I cannot say for sure yet.
But you're good with posting a thread on the internet that identifies the jock, posts pictures of him, and calls out his employer?
Old 11 June 2019, 10:40 AM   #129
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
But you're good with posting a thread on the internet that identifies the jock, posts pictures of him, and calls out his employer?
Posting within the thread on it, yes, I'm totally fine with it.

I haven't leveled any accusations against anyone. Where there's smoke there's fire
Or,.....there's mountains of well documented evidence and no one to dispute the findings.

In my book that doesn't mean there's not STILL smokey fire.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:40 AM   #130
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

Oh, I see, you weren't referring to me.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:50 AM   #131
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member

I haven't been stuck for ~$35K via the internet, hard to say what lengths a man might go to. Some folks here get scammed for $10K and go on to pursue another deal.

Me? I'd crawl in hole and forget I ever knew what a Rolex was.

I'd say a Mod will eventually require the OP to disclose any past or present relationship between the accused usernames and/or rugby guy.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:55 AM   #132
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Oh... the titillation of gossip and innuendo. My oh my!

The OP'S writing style and teases for more are composed to tell a tale that appeals to the base instincts of a receptive audience, regardless of the ethical dilemma of doxxing a stranger for the entertainment of the audience.

Internet accusations are forever. You can't unring the bell. The evidence needs to be ironclad. What has been presented so far doesn't rise to that standard.
Respectfully Disagree Abdullah.

Instead of looking at facts that the OP has laid out in copious detail OR the fact the he probably saved one or two people a lot of money here by halting a scam and possible future scams through exposing this guy...you would rather focus on the fact that the OP is a "new member" and you're more concerned with the his "agenda" instead of the scammer's. After rereading both threads and also your responses in them, from my point of view it sounds like have a it out for the OP and I can't understand why.

We have all read countless times on this site, AFTER the fact mind you......"I think I got scammed". Well the OP just halted that. As a person who has been the victim of a Rolex theft myself, I have zero tolerance for anybody who deems to harm any one of our watch brethren.

You call it all "gossip and innuendo"...
What has the OP said or shown in all his extensive detail that you dispute?
Old 11 June 2019, 04:35 PM   #133
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

It’s interesting the two camps here, makes me wonder on the integrity of some people.

In the other thread there were people telling OP to leave the guy alone and let it be! Barmy responses really when the guy is effectively trying to steal tens of thousands of pounds from people.

Because it’s a watch it’s somehow ok to let it go and leave him alone! Makes me wonder what they’re willing to be up to within this hobby.
Old 11 June 2019, 04:44 PM   #134
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

I think we have to separate the potential crime; which is undeniable and quite frankly disgusting and illegal, from the protagonist whose name we have, but as yet no proof of his/her correct identity. Once we have this, from the OP and perhaps a screenshot of the video-call may confirm this, we can then all agree. We must all agree that the outing of this and perhaps other ‘super-fakes’ can only be a good thing.
OP over to you.
Old 11 June 2019, 10:32 PM   #135
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

His Instagram profile magically went private when this all went down. He knows this is going on.
Old 11 June 2019, 11:21 PM   #136
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
His Instagram profile magically went private when this all went down. He knows this is going on.
Well, don't jump to a conclusion because of that. It could still be part of that ex-girlfriend's elaborate scheme.
Old 11 June 2019, 11:30 PM   #137
Csu87
"TRF" Member

i mean, in the rep forum, the guy who modified the cases confirmed he sent them to Jonas's name and address.

If this was a case of someone stealing his identity, i would think he wouldnt have had to do that to get cases worked on. Especially since that makes it even easier to connect the rep work to the sale.
Old 11 June 2019, 11:31 PM   #138
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Personally, I dont care either way if OP posts the additional info.

I MY opinion the job is done - two watches (scams) identified and exposed for all to see.

If there are other fakes WATCHES being offered - then I hope he posts them!

I personally am here to stop others being duped, I care little about the actual scammers past or personal life
"G-D will take care of them, our job is to take care of fake watches - NOT fake people"
Adam Harris
Old 11 June 2019, 11:31 PM   #139
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

OP has gone AWOL but logging onto TRF. Ummmmmmm

Time to present ALL info and proof that Jonas is behind this scam. So far its been circumstantial and hearsay.
Old 11 June 2019, 11:42 PM   #140
77T

I wouldn’t say AWOL...he is likely getting all his ducks in a row after the attacks in the other thread here and on that other forum.

Patience and avoidance of ad hominem attacks will keep this thread open for us to see what he has uncovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 12 June 2019, 12:40 AM   #141
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Maybe notify ICE/HSI?

They seize and investigate counterfeit goods that enter the US (or may enter). They may see a large enough pattern (historical transactions+ongoing operation) to take interest* since his ads definitely reach American citizens - one of whom could initiate a transaction that brings the watch into the country.

*sadly right now they’re all pulling caravan duty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12 June 2019, 01:08 AM   #142
SKMGN0
"TRF" Member

I don't want the update to be buried in a sea of pages so the update has been posted here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=680327

Quote:
Part 3: Ex-Harlequins Winger Jonas Mikalcius - £135'650 Fraud and His False Identities

It seems that Jonas Mikalcius doesn’t learn from being banned... It appears that the attempted fraud with the now exposed fake 5514 Comex Submariner and 1665 Double Red Sea-Dweller wasn’t his first time.

I’ve uncovered a trail which leads us to previously unknown identities linked to Jonas, and two successfully sold fake watches knowingly misrepresented as genuine - A 2001 K-Serial 16610 Submariner Date, and a 2017 116610 Submariner Date both were listed and sold last August 2018 for a combined total of £11'650.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=680327
Old 12 June 2019, 01:53 AM   #143
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Maybe notify ICE/HSI?

I get the sentiment and we’d at least have a chance at penalties beyond warnings on watch forums.

But if the OP wished to preserve his anonymity, then making a complaint to any government’s enforcement agencies would be set aside. And the data is out there for everyone to file the same complaint in plain view.

I see he has posted a lengthy exposè of the scammer’s tactics. So if the scammer continues his same MO, we won’t know who, what or where he will pop up next.

My radar in the Vintage section is set on max reflectivity. Earlier today asked for validation from a newbie posting pictures of a 5513 with “what do you think?”

Since that was the MO of this scammer (see my post showing Comex5514’s prior behavior on TRF) - I believe we must stop spotting “issues” on vintage watches in TRF’s Vintage section.

Let’s make it go to WatchOut!!! And a post must include a public website offering to sell the watch in question.

No more my Granny gave me this watch drivel. Just my 2¢ to clear up our forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 12 June 2019, 10:15 PM   #144
Gtecko
"TRF" Member

super scary ... I lived in Asia for a minute and I have seen fakes but this level are fake/frankenstein Rolex is insane ... can you imagine spending 50K USD and finding out it is not real... only the movement is.
Closed Thread