The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 18 August 2019, 12:42 PM   #91
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 gilt chapter
Swisswatchexpo replies to my yelp review with this:

8/17/2019 Hello Blake,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

SwissWatchExpo always takes an accusation of a non-authentic timepiece very seriously. We ask our customers to take the watch to Rolex so they can provide documentation that the watch has non-authentic parts. Rolex will always provide written proof that a timepiece is not authentic. This documentation was never provided to us by you.

Authenticity has never been an issue for us and we have never sold a non-authentic watch. We acted in good faith and provided you with a return and processed your refund without any hassle for you.

Thank you,
Your Friends at SwissWatchExpo

Absolutely comical. Rolex refused to put anything in writing as they said : we aren’t in the business or writing letters or reports , we sell watches. So now they are fully denying the watch they sold me was fake.
Old 18 August 2019, 12:45 PM   #92
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Well the story is not over yet.
First they had to remove it from eBay
Second I have sent photos to Rolex who to be honest rarely comment, but on
This movement I specifically asked.
Let’s see
A
Old 18 August 2019, 12:53 PM   #93
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Well the story is not over yet.
First they had to remove it from eBay
Second I have sent photos to Rolex who to be honest rarely comment, but on
This movement I specifically asked.
Let’s see
A
The watch was fake. Fake serial number is a fake watch. I could care less if movement.

I don’t understand your obsession with the movement. They fakes a serial number for a watch that never existed.
Old 18 August 2019, 12:57 PM   #94
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakerhodes View Post
The watch was fake. Fake serial number is a fake watch. I could care less if movement.

I don’t understand your obsession with the movement. They fakes a serial number for a watch that never existed.
You sir are rude and ignorant
I try to help you with the truth, and you respond like a pathetic child

If you had any knowledge or sense you would either know or have asked here before you bought.
Dial is crap, case is crap, Bracelet is crap.
Only the movement will prove real.

And you attack me.?????
My ONLY obsession is obtaining the truth
Adam
Old 18 August 2019, 01:01 PM   #95
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You sir are rude and ignorant
I try to help you with the truth, and you respond like a pathetic child

If you had any knowledge or sense you would either know or have asked here before you bought.
Dial is crap, case is crap, Bracelet is crap.
Only the movement will prove real.

And you attack me.?????
My ONLY obsession is obtaining the truth
Adam
Kick rocks loser. You pm saying you are working With Rolex lol. Sure big guy. Maybe you should get out of the house a bit , seems like you don’t have much going on in your life.
Old 18 August 2019, 01:06 PM   #96
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Kick rocks loser. You pm saying you are working With Rolex lol. Sure big guy. Maybe you should get out of the house a bit , seems like you don’t have much going on in your life.
True. I don’t.
But I will get a response long before you or I suspect anyone else on these forums will.
By the way do you know what “pm” stands for?

Only a fool spends $22000 on a fake and wears it till
A friend (non expert)
Tells him lol
Old 18 August 2019, 01:08 PM   #97
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:

BECAUSE if the movement is real/or the best faked part thats a trend.

Super clones or actual Rolex movements, its come up before. The movement was always the final decider of real vs fake and its not that simple anymore.

You seem to not care about the implications that the case is more obviously not real than the movement. A case is easier to fake so if the movement is that hard to spot/or in fact real we are dealing with a different animal

it matters and the fact the movement is the part we are hung up on is scary. That movement in a better case and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 18 August 2019, 01:21 PM   #98
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
True. I don’t.
But I will get a response long before you or I suspect anyone else on these forums will.
By the way do you know what “pm” stands for?

Only a fool spends $22000 on a fake and wears it till
A friend (non expert)
Tells him lol
I got an answer , I walked into Rolex and they told me. And I never wore the watch , I bought it and was traveling ...wasn’t even home when it arrived. But you probably don’t know anything about that , you haven’t left your computer in years.

Enjoy sitting around trying to guess all the possible email combinations to folks at Rolex lol, some life you have ! You know everything , so cool.
Old 18 August 2019, 01:26 PM   #99
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I got an answer , I walked into Rolex and they told me. And I never wore the watch , I bought it and was traveling ...wasn’t even home when it arrived. But you probably don’t know anything about that , you haven’t left your computer in years.

Enjoy sitting around trying to guess all the possible email combinations to folks at Rolex lol, some life you have ! You know everything , so cool.
Quoting you
. I asked several people their opinions on the bracelet and they said they thought it was a fake.
The bracelet?? Lol the dial looks like it had a face job and you bought it lol.
Me? I own 4 Rolex’s all bought from
Dealers.
Strange. None of mine are fakes.
I think it’s you that needs a life.
Me? I am good with mine did you look PM YET??
Old 18 August 2019, 01:31 PM   #100
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quoting you
. I asked several people their opinions on the bracelet and they said they thought it was a fake.
The bracelet?? Lol the dial looks like it had a face job and you bought it lol.
Me? I own 4 Rolex’s all bought from
Dealers.
Strange. None of mine are fakes.
I think it’s you that needs a life.
Me? I am good with mine did you look PM YET??
You have 4 more rolexes than you have friends.
Old 18 August 2019, 01:32 PM   #101
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You have 4 more rolexes than you have friends.
True.
Old 18 August 2019, 01:39 PM   #102
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 18 August 2019, 01:47 PM   #103
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
BECAUSE if the movement is real/or the best faked part thats a trend.

Super clones or actual Rolex movements, its come up before. The movement was always the final decider of real vs fake and its not that simple anymore.

You seem to not care about the implications that the case is more obviously not real than the movement. A case is easier to fake so if the movement is that hard to spot/or in fact real we are dealing with a different animal

it matters and the fact the movement is the part we are hung up on is scary. That movement in a better case and we wouldn't be having this discussion at all
We’ve been down this rabbit hole with Adam before. He continues to claim there is a stream of authentic movements going into fake cases. The movements are highly restricted components, but somehow, magically, counterfeiters have an unlimited source.

This theory that they are buying real watches and splitting parts is laughable. Have you priced a Daytona lately? Trusted sellers arent getting them at retail, but somehow the counterfeiters have an unlimited source.

Adam is wrong about 20% of the time with modern watches, and about 80% of the time with vintage. His error rate is high enough that the burden of proof for a wild theory like this is much higher than has been presented on any thread to date.

The replicators have mastered the fake movements. Beat rate and performance matches authentic movements. The fact that Adam cant wrap his head around this concept doesnt mean it isnt happening.
Old 18 August 2019, 01:57 PM   #104
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Can we talk watches boys.

I think all is said, they have been making solid gold day date cases ready to take authentic movements since the nighties. A guy i talk to at the gym, bought a fake day date 18238 case and band in true 18k solid gold with a authentic movement in Asia in the 90,s. I have seen this watch and he let me examine it, fake case and band with a real movement, Dial and winding crown. Also this has occurred in vintage fake cases for years. There is no doubt precedent exists. Wether this is occurring with new movements and models is the question.

Case, band, bezel, dial fake.

Movement appears good, unless they have swapped out some key parts which can be done, rather expensive However with the silly above retail price of this model and wait lists etc. it may be worth it these days who knows. If someone misused parts access along the long rolex chain anything can happen. In this case the movement would need to be stripped down as in a service to examine parts not visible otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 August 2019, 06:04 PM   #105
lear60man
"TRF" Member

Wow. The days of crappy fakes died with cheap tech. Its a cat and mouse game at this point. I pulled up a couple 'high end' clone movements online that were said to be reverse engendered from an actual Daytona movement. I compared screen grabs from the OP and what I found online. Scary close. Laser scans, CAD Micro-Machining and presto, you have todays problem. I would post a picture of the fake movement, but ......It looks just like the real one to me.

The problem is 2...3....7.....10 fold. Cheap labor in Asia, low buy in costs for CAD machine parts, Rolex AD's playing the hide in the safe or sell out the back door game, lax laws etc.

The treasury makes changes to currency only to have counterfeiters fake the new tech. Same thing here.

One way to truly slow down the fake flow is for Rolex to allow their AD's to run serial numbers as a service to the brand on the spot or make the list available online*. It wont stop the customer wanting a fake but it will stop the seller trying to pass of a fake.

*I assume they will never do this because of fear of counterfeiter using real serial numbers. But that is likely the next cat out of the bag.
Old 19 August 2019, 01:53 AM   #106
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
I have no idea why we are blaming the buyer here. Come on guys that is one of the worst things to do. Be better. This store is suspect at best.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 19 August 2019, 02:39 AM   #107
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

SwissWatchExpo sold me a fake Daytona 116500 for $21,800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
I have no idea why we are blaming the buyer here. Come on guys that is one of the worst things to do. Be better. This store is suspect at best.

Go check out their yelp reviews. Out of the many negative reviews that they do respond to. None of them are Swiss Watch Expo’s fault. It always seems to be the customer that was wrong. I live in Atlanta. And this thread confirms to me that I will never do business with them. But TRF & Yelp reviews make up a very microscopic population of their customers. Unfortunately they will survive and continue to do business. Be it shady or not.

Old 19 August 2019, 06:28 AM   #108
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Are they still trying to sell this watch ?
Old 19 August 2019, 06:31 AM   #109
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymcmichael View Post
Are they still trying to sell this watch ?
Got it removed from ebay, but privately - yes!
Old 19 August 2019, 07:37 AM   #110
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Got it removed from ebay, but privately - yes!
via some other platform?
Old 19 August 2019, 07:38 AM   #111
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
via some other platform?
Their own website
I never checked today, but yesterday
Old 19 August 2019, 08:40 AM   #112
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Why would you not send it to RSC immediately after buying it? RSC will issue a service estimate, and identify anything and everything that needs to be fixed or replaced. That’s your Rolex documentation.

Let’s not kid ourselves, if you’re paying this amount of money and taking it on faith that it’s real, you’re setting yourself up for a rude surprise.
Old 19 August 2019, 08:44 AM   #113
2th_doc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtayham View Post
Why would you not send it to RSC immediately after buying it? RSC will issue a service estimate, and identify anything and everything that needs to be fixed or replaced. That’s your Rolex documentation.

Let’s not kid ourselves, if you’re paying this amount of money and taking it on faith that it’s real, you’re setting yourself up for a rude surprise.

Cant issue a service estimate on a fake Rolex. Lol. And he got his money refunded so no issue there.

Old 19 August 2019, 09:01 AM   #114
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th_doc View Post
Cant issue a service estimate on a fake Rolex. Lol. And he got his money refunded so no issue there.

And you made my point.

For how expensive these watches are, you have to get the expert’s opinion (Rolex) as soon as you buy in the secondary market. RSC will tell you immediately what the watch is: fake, real with aftermarket parts, real, whatever.

My point was: if you don’t do that, you could be setting yourself up for an unexpected surprise.
Old 19 August 2019, 09:41 AM   #115
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And you made my point.

For how expensive these watches are, you have to get the expert’s opinion (Rolex) as soon as you buy in the secondary market. RSC will tell you immediately what the watch is: fake, real with aftermarket parts, real, whatever.

My point was: if you don’t do that, you could be setting yourself up for an unexpected surprise.
I bought the watch , I thought they were sending overnight...but actually sent 2 day shipping. I left town for a long vacation and didn’t get the watxh until weeks after I paid for it bc I wasn’t home.

I did look at some reviews etc and I saw they had a few issues or shorting people a few links and stuff but nothing like this.

I thought the risk was quite low but I did opt to use my Amex through PayPal instead of bank wire , giving myself 2 avenues if anything bad happened.

Rolex service center doesn’t really offer authentication services. They fix watches and if you have a specific concern that would require a repair they will look at it. They DO NOT offer any letters or documentation if they view something as fake.. they simply tell you it’s not real. I asked 4 times for this and was told they absolutely do not do this. Swisswatchexpo has been trying to say that Rolex does offer documentation , they refused it to me at that dallas rsc.
Old 19 August 2019, 10:46 AM   #116
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Swisswatchexpo has been trying to say that Rolex does offer documentation , they refused it to me at that dallas rsc.
And these slimeballs know it. Insisting on confirmatory documentation that they know Rolex will not provide, hoping you'll just go away. Good thing you had the sense to pay Amex. I would file a complaint with BBB and their States Attorney to let the authorities know they sold you and continue to sell counterfeit merchandise.
Old 19 August 2019, 11:16 AM   #117
Robtayham
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I bought the watch , I thought they were sending overnight...but actually sent 2 day shipping. I left town for a long vacation and didn’t get the watxh until weeks after I paid for it bc I wasn’t home.

I did look at some reviews etc and I saw they had a few issues or shorting people a few links and stuff but nothing like this.

I thought the risk was quite low but I did opt to use my Amex through PayPal instead of bank wire , giving myself 2 avenues if anything bad happened.

Rolex service center doesn’t really offer authentication services. They fix watches and if you have a specific concern that would require a repair they will look at it. They DO NOT offer any letters or documentation if they view something as fake.. they simply tell you it’s not real. I asked 4 times for this and was told they absolutely do not do this. Swisswatchexpo has been trying to say that Rolex does offer documentation , they refused it to me at that dallas rsc.
Just so you know, the point I was making was these second hand dealers do not have our best interests in mind. If something goes wrong, they’ll say: ‘oh, I didn’t know, send it in for a refund’. For them, it’s just a cost of doing business. Since we know they are protecting themselves, we have to make sure we protect ourselves. Too much money involved. They count on not everyone catching it soon enough to get a refund.
Old 19 August 2019, 11:36 AM   #118
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just so you know, the point I was making was these second hand dealers do not have our best interests in mind. If something goes wrong, they’ll say: ‘oh, I didn’t know, send it in for a refund’. For them, it’s just a cost of doing business. Since we know they are protecting themselves, we have to make sure we protect ourselves. Too much money involved. They count on not everyone catching it soon enough to get a refund.
Yea I agree. I think they are just hoping it’s years down the road before the buyer finds out. Then they will say well it was legit when we sold it.. too late to do anything now.

Was my mistake, there are some amazing trusted sellers here and I reached out to several of the ones I know .. nobody had the watch at that particular time. I didn’t do enough research on the sellers , I believed what they were saying and I shouldn’t have. Live and learn I guess , I got the refund ...others probably won’t from them. Hopefully this helps future customers avoid those guys.
Old 19 August 2019, 11:51 AM   #119
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
I would have gone crazy knowing I missed my Rolex delivery by one day, and that it was sitting somewhere for weeks. You are much calmer than I.
Old 19 August 2019, 11:55 AM   #120
Blakerhodes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edweather View Post
I would have gone crazy knowing I missed my Rolex delivery by one day, and that it was sitting somewhere for weeks. You are much calmer than I.
Lol well that wasn’t the plan. Was trying to get it to take on a trip, misunderstanding in regards to 2-day shipping bc every other watch I’ve purchased gets sent fedex by 10:30 am next day. I knew it was secure at home.
Closed Thread