They are also a new rep for Grand Seiko

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know! Thanks.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:31 PM   #32
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Good luck to you. Too bad it seems next to impossible right now, maybe there is strength in numbers but those hot pieces are most likely spoken for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:36 PM   #33
Nandor
"TRF" Member

Just a quick update I stopped by Royal Maui tonight at Fashion Valley. Man they were really off putting. I would not buy there. The manager was very off putting. Asked if they are doing any deals on a Explorer I (like no tax for example) if I buy my wife ~5k-10k worth of custom jewelry and she said "We don't need to they sell themselves". Fair enough, but #notmyad
Nandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:41 PM   #34
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
You may luck out on a new LV in the next year or so in SoCal. We used to see them on the east coast in AD displays up until last year regularly. A Daytona in the population center will probably take 7-8 years judging/based on how long it took the 116520 to start to slow to a reasonable pace. Sad reality is you're just not going to get a SS Daytona from an AD right now or anytime soon at MSRP without purchase history, and a very large one.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:04 PM   #35
blown5.0
"TRF" Member

Socal folk, I've had good luck with my local ad in Torrance. Shoot me a pm if you're interested and I'll make the intro. They've been good about getting me on some lists even though I buy infrequently.
blown5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:35 PM   #36
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Frederic Rubel in Laguna Beach is first rate. I bought my LV from them years ago, with a decent discount and I was a first time customer. They were friendly and professional.
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:02 PM   #37
scombs263
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
Frederic Rubel in Laguna Beach is first rate. I bought my LV from them years ago, with a decent discount and I was a first time customer. They were friendly and professional.
I have talked to them numerous times on the phone. Very nice.
scombs263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:09 PM   #38
cvera
"TRF" Member

I went to my local AD and they didn't have much selection. Had a yachtmaster and plenty of datejust. The BLNR they said would take about 3 years to get. I had a good time, but nothing really jumped at me that screamed buy me.
cvera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 04:47 PM   #39
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandor View Post
My understanding is that Royal Maui is FV is losing their AD status and are being replaced with a Boutique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Most probably correct from what I've heard too. And Fourtane (from Monterey/Carmel) is opening their location down here in Fashion Valley across from the Omega Boutique.
Where did you guys here that? I was just down there last week, but didn’t get the sense. The rep and I were talking about the boutique opening up few stores from them. FV already lost Ben Bridges as an AD so I highly doubt Royal Maui will lose it too.

BTW, I got to finally check out the WG OF Daytona that was left behind by a customer to order a correct sized OF. Man, it sure looked nice. Also Royal Maui will ship to out of state hotel so shipping to a Vegas hotel is an option for large enough purchase ;)
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 05:12 PM   #40
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post
Where did you guys here that? I was just down there last week, but didn’t get the sense. The rep and I were talking about the boutique opening up few stores from them. FV already lost Ben Bridges as an AD so I highly doubt Royal Maui will lose it too.
From the other ADs outside of Royal Maui....it makes a lot of sense really. Fourtane is one of the biggest ADs in the country and they're planning to open a grand boutique.....it leaves very little purpose for Royal Maui to continue carrying Rolex in lesser capacities 2-3 doors down. Fourtane will also ship to avoid tax just like everyone else (Ben Bridges included from UTC).....that's not as huge of a carrot as it once was these days.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 06:11 PM   #41
harrymai22
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They also require a 100% deposit if you want to be first on the list. And you pay tax. Not bad but usually not my style.

Plus in CA, it works out to only a couple hundred more to buy from Trusted Sellers and have it next day.
harrymai22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:14 PM   #42
Nandor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doboy007 View Post

BTW, I got to finally check out the WG OF Daytona that was left behind by a customer to order a correct sized OF. Man, it sure looked nice. Also Royal Maui will ship to out of state hotel so shipping to a Vegas hotel is an option for large enough purchase ;)
I first heard it from BB at UTC. Since I get 90% of my clothes at Varvatos which is next door to Royal Maui I have tons of occasion to stop by there, and I am a pretty direct dude, so next time I was at Royal Maui I asked them point blank. They said their North County Faire store will become an AD but that they will no longer be the AD in FV - and they expect this to change by the end of 2018. They seemed a little salty about the whole deal but they were trying to hide that feeling. But again based on their attitudes I won't be shopping there so I am glad there is a new AD coming.
Nandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 12:43 AM   #43
doboy007
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/LVc/SkyD/ND41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
From the other ADs outside of Royal Maui....it makes a lot of sense really. Fourtane is one of the biggest ADs in the country and they're planning to open a grand boutique.....it leaves very little purpose for Royal Maui to continue carrying Rolex in lesser capacities 2-3 doors down. Fourtane will also ship to avoid tax just like everyone else (Ben Bridges included from UTC).....that's not as huge of a carrot as it once was these days.
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize Fourtane is a big player. As far as shipping out of state, some AD's don't especially to a hotel so it was a plus when they told me. Too bad I didn't know at the time I got my BLNR from them last year. It could've paid for some travel and hotel to Vegas :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandor View Post
I first heard it from BB at UTC. Since I get 90% of my clothes at Varvatos which is next door to Royal Maui I have tons of occasion to stop by there, and I am a pretty direct dude, so next time I was at Royal Maui I asked them point blank. They said their North County Faire store will become an AD but that they will no longer be the AD in FV - and they expect this to change by the end of 2018. They seemed a little salty about the whole deal but they were trying to hide that feeling. But again based on their attitudes I won't be shopping there so I am glad there is a new AD coming.
Thanks. That's unfortunate since I got my BLNR there last year and started building relationship, oh well. I thought the other Royal Maui was already an AD. I guess you mean they'll continue to be one. The one in Escondido is little small and I wouldn't feel comfortable buying one at that location after experiencing smash and grab at the Apple Store upstairs.
doboy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 05:46 PM   #44
i-spy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Do you have any recommendation on the salesperson @ Frederic? I will be in Laguna Beach this weekend and want to check them out. Thanks!
i-spy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 08:37 PM   #45
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
[QUOTE=AdaWit711;8696258]All -

If someone knows an AD locally that would at least give someone without purchase history a spot on a list so I can start building that purchase history, I’d appreciate a PM.

I’m sure there are many here on the forum that can recommend and AD in SoCal. I am one of them.

I’ve commented on this before because I have a great relationship with Geary’s in Santa Monica. They are a strong AD because they have four stores. Two of which are authorized Rolex boutiques, which if I’m not mistaken there are only 15 in the entire United States. Their selection is big and they have a lot of desired pieces that exchange hands. Just today I spent approximately two hours in the Santa Monica boutique. I had to get my Sky Dweller adjusted. They also have one of the only Rolex certified technicians there at the store. I met him today and he gave me a tour of his work space and showed me some of the pieces he was servicing. The young man was only 22 years old. Rolex paid for his schooling and he did some of his training in Geneva. He couldn’t have been any nicer. If you are serious about purchasing a watch for you and your wife, PM me and I’ll speak with my contact. Just two months ago I was able to get a “desired piece” for a colleague who had never purchased before, and they new it wasn’t for me but for a friend. Since starting a relationship with them in February of 2017 there is not a time piece I’ve asked of them which they haven’t provided within a few weeks. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to get into the hobby. Good luck...

VIP area I enjoyed some reading material and a beverage while waiting for my watch to be adjusted and cleaned.

One of the wall decorations specific to this boutique. It depicts the iconic Santa Monica Ferris wheel located on the famed Santa Monica pier. Sorry to be so dramatic, I love my city.

These were taken a few days ago when the watch technician was off. I was able to gain access to his lab and he explained to me the process of servicing these amazing time pieces.

And one last pic of the pier/Ferris wheel, taken from the pool deck of my condo building.

@jps3b
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 01:09 AM   #46
Ssunnylee24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II
Building a relationship with an AD is bull.
Find the watch you want from a trusted seller.
Ssunnylee24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 01:26 AM   #47
alexintheair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,PP
If you want to buy PM watches at no discount or little discount, you will build relationship with you AD.
alexintheair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 01:57 AM   #48
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Buy some watches from him. Doubt if he'll laugh then.

Now, if you're only open to the "hard to get" ones, then I would absolutely agree going with Patrick or Tony. Two great guys in your area, for sure.

Good luck.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 02:39 AM   #49
whuang29
"TRF" Member

I purchased some of my watches from Geary’s in Rodeo because they have both Patek and Rolex in the same store.

whuang29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:14 AM   #50
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-spy View Post
Do you have any recommendation on the salesperson @ Frederic? I will be in Laguna Beach this weekend and want to check them out. Thanks!

David is the owner and great to deal with. I will warn you though I reached out to him recently about a month ago and their stock was almost non existent. Good luck!

ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:22 AM   #51
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Patrick and Tony are the best.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 05:35 AM   #52
i-spy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
David is the owner and great to deal with. I will warn you though I reached out to him recently about a month ago and their stock was almost non existent. Good luck!

Got it, thanks!
i-spy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 06:03 AM   #53
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Become friends with briboxer imo. He can help you obtain watches at reasonable market rates.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 02:19 AM   #54
jps3b
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssunnylee24 View Post
Building a relationship with an AD is bull.

Find the watch you want from a trusted seller.

That is certainly an option. But in this scenario, the OP would be paying several thousand dollars over invoice. Which, if it were me, I would not mind doing because you then have the watch. But being that these things are so darned expensive, a few thousand dollars can be the difference of buying, and not buying. I’ve quietly built a relationship with my AD and I’m not saying that route is for everyone, but it has definitely worked out for me. Good day Sir.

@jps3b
jps3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 03:09 AM   #55
Socalwatch
"TRF" Member

Try Tick Tock Watches in Westminster. It is a great family run AD that does not play the typical BS AD games.
Socalwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 03:55 AM   #56
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps3b View Post
I’ve commented on this before because I have a great relationship with Geary’s in Santa Monica. They are a strong AD because they have four stores. Two of which are authorized Rolex boutiques, which if I’m not mistaken there are only 15 in the entire United States. Their selection is big and they have a lot of desired pieces that exchange hands. Just today I spent approximately two hours in the Santa Monica boutique. I had to get my Sky Dweller adjusted. They also have one of the only Rolex certified technicians there at the store. I met him today and he gave me a tour of his work space and showed me some of the pieces he was servicing. The young man was only 22 years old. Rolex paid for his schooling and he did some of his training in Geneva. He couldn’t have been any nicer. If you are serious about purchasing a watch for you and your wife, PM me and I’ll speak with my contact. Just two months ago I was able to get a “desired piece” for a colleague who had never purchased before, and they new it wasn’t for me but for a friend. Since starting a relationship with them in February of 2017 there is not a time piece I’ve asked of them which they haven’t provided within a few weeks. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to get into the hobby. Good luck...

Daniel and Marie at Santa Monica are both awesome! I knew him from back when he was at the Century City store a few years ago before the Santa Monica location opened. Marie actually just moved to the Century City store -- saw her through the glass last weekend while I was at the mall so I stopped in to say hi. I've only purchased from the Century City store in the past because it's closer to where I live/work but the Santa Monica team is always very nice whenever I am over there and come in to look around.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 04:38 AM   #57
yugxelor
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Yatch-Master
I live in Santa Monica and we have a Rolex boutique on Third Street Promenade (Geary's). I always buy back in my home state of Missouri, due to my relationship with the AD there, but the people at the Santa Monica have always been incredibly nice and helpful. I often stop by when Im in the area and see if they have anything new or exciting in and look around. You may want to call them and see what they can do. I should say that it doesn't appear the salespeople are incredibly knowledgable about the brand (or watches in general), but they are very kind and treat the people in the store well.
yugxelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 04:51 AM   #58
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalwatch View Post
Try Tick Tock Watches in Westminster. It is a great family run AD that does not play the typical BS AD games.

I bought a Seiko from there, and asked about SubLV. Told me if I bought another higher end watch like some Omegas I was looking at, or Grand Seiko, then my name could find it’s way on the list.

I didn’t push it because I was only inquiring, but felt a little gamey to me.

Cool store though and the people were very nice and helpful otherwise, so nothing bad to say on that front.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 10:22 AM   #59
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Give Fourtane a shot.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2019, 10:45 AM   #60
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Just to add..... Whether it be Fourtane or anyone else in socal.... As a new customer, you're not having access to hard to get stainless sports Rolex without significant purchase like PM. That is fact for the ADs around here.... They can beat around the bush but that's the truth.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote