The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 4 March 2021, 12:38 PM   #31
Justindo
"TRF" Member

I think the Overseas is becoming Vacheron's Royal Oak and Aquanaut and Nautilus watch, albeit I don't think it will get quite as crazy. All dial colors will become more difficult to get but particularly the blue dial version. Sadly, these days, things change quickly in the watch market due to hype.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2021, 07:06 PM   #32
donald83
"TRF" Member

I think more and more attention will be turned to VC, after very limited supply for AP and PP.. This closure of accepting deposits for the Overseas blue dial seems to be pointing in this direction
donald83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2021, 06:50 AM   #33
Watchflair
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald83 View Post
I think more and more attention will be turned to VC, after very limited supply for AP and PP.. This closure of accepting deposits for the Overseas blue dial seems to be pointing in this direction
Wonder if it's just a PR move to try to pump up their brand. The same people that were snubbing their nose at the VC Overseas in Blue are now all of a sudden foaming at the mouth to get one......
Old 6 March 2021, 10:22 AM   #34
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Wonder if it's just a PR move to try to pump up their brand. The same people that were snubbing their nose at the VC Overseas in Blue are now all of a sudden foaming at the mouth to get one......

Agreed. I am guilty of coming around to AP design language and then VC. It took a closer inspection to appreciate what's going on.
Old 6 March 2021, 10:26 AM   #35
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

This is no Journe bleu and as far as I am aware, there are no production constraints around the color blue. The wait list was only 5 months, not 5 years. And you can still order a blue dual time or chrono.
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2021, 10:28 AM   #36
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

It has been relatively under appreciated really for no good reason. The brand has as much (if not more?) history than PP and AP. Trust me, I love those too but it was always puzzling why this was part of “holy trinity” yet not getting the same love. Some of it may be Richmont effect but I think this and ALS on the way up big time...
Old 7 March 2021, 11:42 AM   #37
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I have a line on a blue 5500 next week if anyone wants one from my AD. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2021, 11:47 AM   #38
Scyb
"TRF" Member

I have my blue 3 hander for a couple of months now and absolutely love it.

I do agree the black is just as beautiful. Can't go wrong with either
Scyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 05:21 AM   #39
gops
"TRF" Member

Picked it up yesterday 5 weeks after making the deposit. I made the right decision. Not blue but I am very satisfied with this deep black dial. She was still apologetic for not being able to get me the blue one so she said she tried her best to deliver my watch prior to possible price increase. Anybody else heard about upcoming price increase?

gops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 05:56 AM   #40
mockingboy
"TRF" Member

Looks great! Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops View Post
Picked it up yesterday 5 weeks after making the deposit. I made the right decision. Not blue but I am very satisfied with this deep black dial. She was still apologetic for not being able to get me the blue one so she said she tried her best to deliver my watch prior to possible price increase. Anybody else heard about upcoming price increase?

mockingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 07:15 AM   #41
Pouring2010
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Gorgeous. Wear in good health

Pouring2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 08:20 AM   #42
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The black dial is incredible. It is more versatile and I think it looks better on the leather and rubber straps. Congrats!
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 10:16 AM   #43
ROA
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston77 View Post
The black dial is incredible. It is more versatile and I think it looks better on the leather and rubber straps. Congrats!
+1 I agree this dial looks better on leather or rubber. Wear in good health. The black is just as mesmerizing as the blue and am guessing, will be the more timeless one between the 2.
ROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 10:17 AM   #44
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Nice to see a few beautiful dials here with no "spec sheet" information splattered all over them.
Listen up, manufacturers !!!!!

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 12:17 PM   #45
IGotId
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats!
IGotId is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 12:31 PM   #46
Theothergreg
"TRF" Member

Watch: this and that
Congratulations! The black dial look fantastic on both the bracelet and rubber strap!
Theothergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 02:12 PM   #47
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
The VC Overseas is getting more and more attention as people are slowly realizing that the 3rd gen is much improved over its predecessors and as much as amazing timepiece or even better than the competition. What VC did with this 3rd gen and the interchangeable bracelet feature is what all the other brands are now copying as we recently witnessed from 2021 watches and Wonders.

I absolutely love the 4500v in all dial variants but my personal favorite is silver (I owned both the blue in dual time and black 4500v but in the end settled on silver as the best look and readability for me.)

Absolutely love the 4500v. And what's a post without a picture, right? 20210219_155547.jpg20201224_131251.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2021, 10:28 PM   #48
Houston77
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolextellstime View Post
The VC Overseas is getting more and more attention as people are slowly realizing that the 3rd gen is much improved over its predecessors and as much as amazing timepiece or even better than the competition. What VC did with this 3rd gen and the interchangeable bracelet feature is what all the other brands are now copying as we recently witnessed from 2021 watches and Wonders.

I absolutely love the 4500v in all dial variants but my personal favorite is silver (I owned both the blue in dual time and black 4500v but in the end settled on silver as the best look and readability for me.)

Absolutely love the 4500v. And what's a post without a picture, right? Attachment 1214702Attachment 1214703

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

The silver dial is stunning! Can’t really go wrong with this reference.
Houston77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:47 AM   #49
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

All three dials honestly are incredibly beautiful. My AD has a black dual time ... this is new for 2021. Let me know if interested in being connected to my POC at the boutique.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3326.jpg (179.8 KB, 164 views)
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:00 PM   #50
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Keep trying and don't give up.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
10XRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2021, 02:09 PM   #51
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
All three dials honestly are incredibly beautiful. My AD has a black dual time ... this is new for 2021. Let me know if interested in being connected to my POC at the boutique.
I have a black 4500V thanks to 10XRolex above ...You might want to jump on this...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote