The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 19 April 2007, 04:13 AM   #31
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
The white dial and pink strap, definately transformed the PAM into a ladies watch! Looks nice on her!

Did try on a 42mm PAM Radiomir GMT yesterday. Beautiful watch. Very flat fitting case, with see through back, and calfskin strap.

Still looking at the 40mm PAM, but now considering the 48 instead of the 50, as since alrady have several SS bracelet watch, and no leather straps, would like one witha leather strap. THe leather strap for the PAMs seem like some of the most rugged and best looking straps I have seen. Dark brown Croc. Also the leather strap 48 would be abit cheaper and weigh less on the arm.

Thanks for the info.
There is no other bracelet like a Panerai bracelet, they are the best I have ever worn, bar none. So if it is in the budget, I would get the 50 and ask the AD to throw in a leather strap or gator strap for free. They will do this alot of the time because there is no discount. Just some food for thought.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2007, 12:18 PM   #32
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Good idea!

Just for clarification, the only difference between the 48 and 50, is the strap/bracelet?

Jsut noticed in the Panerai Catalog, that the strap models (48, 49), under specifications, state the crystals have anti-reflective coating. On the SS BRacelet models, under specs, the anti-reflective coating part is left out of the crystal description part. Other than that the descriptions of the crystals are the same. So 50 have anti-reflective and was a misprint?
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2007, 01:02 PM   #33
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman View Post
There is no other bracelet like a Panerai bracelet, they are the best I have ever worn, bar none. So if it is in the budget, I would get the 50 and ask the AD to throw in a leather strap or gator strap for free. They will do this alot of the time because there is no discount. Just some food for thought.
x2 - good idea dman!

Straps are lots of fun... but the bracelet does look very groovy and heavy!!!
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2007, 08:41 PM   #34
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Getting real close to buying, sold two watches today to fund. Don't miss one of the ones I sold, and having a few seconds thought about selling the other!
Now at least have the funds too buy, and not getting over my 4 watch rule. (hard enough to travel around with 4! LOL)

The Sales clerk adjusted the bracelet today by removing a link and half link so I could get an accurate feel of the correct size. She is holding for me and probably will get tomorrow and then order a Aligator Bracelet as well. It definately has a different look and feel than the Rolex and all other watches for that matter (when you think about it, most other Watches, except the PAMs are all kind of based on Rolex designs!) Tried on again the 44mm and 45mm today just to be sure, yep the 40mm is best for me. Funny how after wearing the PAM in the store, my Rolex EXP IIs look small and feel light! Thanks for all the info. If I do buy tomorrow, will post photos!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2007, 07:00 PM   #35
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
i held my lv the other day at the safe...its wayyyyy tooo light! you will love the wobble of the movement. i did!

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote