The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 19 January 2021, 02:48 AM   #1
logo
"TRF" Member

Help with Breitling Analog+Digital watch for a gift

Hey y’all

I’m potentially looking to source a watch as a gift for a military scientist, who has long been interested in Breitlings, particularly the analog+digital professional models. I do not know much about Breitling Analog+Digis but from browsing online, it seems there are a few options:

- Aerospace EVO
- Cockpit B50
- B1 (discontinued)
- Airwolf (discontinued)
- Emergency

Visually I think the B1 would be his preference with the polished steel and chrono pushers, but I’m concerned (maybe incorrectly so?) that it’s a bit older for a digital augmented watch. Any thoughts on the longevity of this watch if I were able to source one in decent condition? If I could source one, I guess it may be worth sending it for service/battery before gifting? No warranty with it - is that an issue given the digital aspect?

In contrast, the Cockpit seems interesting given it is rechargeable but also seems huge and I can’t figure out what the N/S/W/E on the bezel is for as it doesn’t seem to have a compass arrow...

Any thoughts as to how these compare to the Omega X-33?

Any pure mechanical Breitling recommendations that have similar styling to the B1?

Thanks all
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 04:44 AM   #2
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Breitling B2 for a mechanical. I have the B1, B2, emergency and evo.

If hes a small guy, emergency is out of the question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7CDC2954-7FC7-410A-9562-0AAA41A91A2E.jpeg (265.0 KB, 75 views)
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 05:16 AM   #3
logo
"TRF" Member

Great, thank you! Helpful to see them all side-by-side. How do you like your EVO vs your B1? I'd have to source a used B1, but have a feeling the polished steel is more in keeping with what he'd want. I believe with a fresh service it would add a 1-year warranty as well.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 08:39 AM   #4
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

B1 with blue dial is amazing. Id say go with that. Dont worry about a service. A battery and oring and thats all. Can be done yourself easily
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2021, 08:08 AM   #5
nwalker001
"TRF" Member

I currently have an Airwolf and an Aerospace EVO and used to own a B-1. Out of the three, I'd recommend the Airwolf. It has a polished case and pushers like the B-1, but looks much more modern IMO.

In addition to the B-2, you could also consider the Professional SkyRacer for a mechanical option.

nwalker001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 05:29 AM   #6
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I have had multiple Aerospace and Aerospace EVO. Currently own Emergency and Speedmaster X-33.

They are all very different. You really need to figure out what's more important.

Aerospace (and EVO) are great looking watch, with no buttons. Using them is ok, but setting them is a PIA. Having said that, I think they are comfortable, and low profile, great as a daily wear.

The Emergency (previous gen, not the current gen) is like an Aerospace, with an emergency beacon module attached to it. To me, its THE Breitling to own, simply because there is nothing else like it. You can say the emergency beacon module is expensive to maintain, one more things to break, and you will never do it. But so does 200m or 300m water resistance rating. haha. Compare to the Aerospace, its A LOT thicker and larger, though its still comfortable (to me) since its all titanium. So it may not be an every man watch.

The Omega Speedmaster X-33 is my fav Speedmaster. I think its the perfect daily watch. It has great feature and they are very useable (unless you are talking about the phase timer on the X-33 Skywalker, I am still confused on that, haha). Some people doesn't like how it looks, but to me it looks perfect as a tool watch.

If I can only have one amount these, I would pick the Gen 2 X-33, cause they are very good at what they are designed for (I have my complain regarding the X-33 Skywalker though). The next would be Emergency simply because its an Aerospace, just more unique. Finally it would be the Aerospace EVO.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote