The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Jokes & Cartoons

Closed Thread

Old 8 July 2007, 05:00 AM   #31
ADISMO
Banned

Watch: Seadweller
pinwit thinks his jedi-master arrogance and amateur reasoning is able to disarm a crazed gunman.
Old 8 July 2007, 12:43 PM   #32
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwit View Post
How extraordinarily rude you are.

If you wish to terminate my membership, then do so. However, taking the ball away when your losing the game will do you no credit.

As this moderator has clearly lost the plot, maybe the other moderators might like to comment.
Losing the game? You asked for reasoned argument, I provided it by the accepted rules of logic, and you decide to run off trying to hide behind a smoke screen of unfounded conclusions, and I'm the one losing the game? You're in enough denial and projection to make Freud's head spin.

It's very convenient for you to just say that I'm rude and then sidestep the issues I've hauled you up on. In my last post on this thread, I clearly asked you to substantiate three points, and all you've done about that is get all teary about being identified as a hypocrite. You asked for reasoned argument, you got it, and now you're throwing your toys out of the pram instead of substantiating your wild claims. I do wonder if that action is driven by your being a pathological hand-wringer, or your cowardice overcoming your motivation to either address the issues or admit that you're wrong.

It's fairly simple for anyone with half a brain. I've already explicitly explained the rules of logic of which you seem blissfully unaware despite your pontification. It's all there for you to use and engage in the reasoned argument that you so pine for. Do please grow up and mean what you say.

Seeing as how you aksed for reasoned argument and then singularly failed to play by the very rules you demanded, you are by defintion a hypocrite. Don't take my word for it, look up hypocrite in the dictionary and go argue with that book - you'll lose that one too.

You may take it as rude, and frankly that's none of my concern. I'm simply pointing it out as fact.

Your cheap little tactic of divide-and-conquer may work elsewhere, but not here. The moderation team here is well-integrated and as part of our normal procedures, we had already discussed the situation in this thread yesterday and reached agreement that I have taken the correct course of action - you're clean out of luck trying to run to Mommy when Daddy already told you no.

If you don't like it here, I trust you can find your way to the door. As yet you have not broken enough rules to justify a banning, and it's not really worth the bother for me.
Old 8 July 2007, 01:39 PM   #33
Lol-x
Facilitator

Pinwit, this thread started out as a joke.
Now the moderators spend a lot of time trying to keep the peace here. What's been said has been said.
It's not open to members to be publicly critical on a personal level of any other members, and that includes moderators.
This is a watch forum, focus on 'watches'. My best advice is to let this go.
I'm not taking sides I just want this to settle down. If you don't appreciate the joke, then look the other way, it's as easy as that. If you want to talk politics, gun laws etc. then there are other places in this world to channel your passions.
Alternatively, you can talk about watches, and be respectful to other members.
These words are not open for public debate either.
Old 8 July 2007, 01:49 PM   #34
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinwit View Post
How extraordinarily rude you are.

If you wish to terminate my membership, then do so. However, taking the ball away when your losing the game will do you no credit.

As this moderator has clearly lost the plot, maybe the other moderators might like to comment.
I'll chime in on this, and keep in mind this is coming from a person that considers himself very liberal and progressive in my thinking. That being said, I feel like people not only rights in the US to certain rights, they most importantly have choice.

You are free to make arguments and points on this forum, but don't get upset when others disagree. Just because they don't believe the exact same as you, doesn't mean that either side is correct.

Life is short, have a lemonade and chill.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
Old 8 July 2007, 04:24 PM   #35
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Flyjet/incurable, The mass shooting where a armed citize stepped in was at the Mall shooting in Utah. Also several years ago, there was a shooting at college in West Virgina, where a armed professor stepped in and stopped the attack. And, many many others. If one of the students or teaches at Virgina Tech had been armed, there might have been a different outcome. But VT a year prior had outlawed any firearms on campus, even by those legally authorized to carry. Did a lot of good, ad the criminal did not pay attention to that law. The National Rifle Association puts out a magazine, and every month they include a mulittude of new reports where armed citizens defended themselves or others from attack. The Mainline National News media hardly ever reports on these. Usually just stays with the local news.

I do think though, that if an individual is going to purchase a firearm for self defense reasons and carry concealed, they should have some extensive training, not only involving marksmanship, but scenario and adrenalain/stress conditioning training.
Old 8 July 2007, 04:35 PM   #36
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Pull a gun and say freeze? Never carry a gun unless you will use it. And never shoot unless you will kill. So when someone is shooting, go right from pull to kill. Sheesh yes the guy deserves a Darwin award. Then again the US does require more training to get a driver's license than a firearm. Sad.
Old 8 July 2007, 05:23 PM   #37
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Similiar to our Rules of Engagement we had in Iraq. No warning shots allowed. It either was a threat or not. If was a threat, kill it. If not a threat, do not shoot at or point gun at. If you are doubting is a threat or not, probably not. If you see a threat, kill it and keep on shooting until threat is destroyed

Again, if you are going to carry a firearm, get the proper training. Just going to a range and shooting at a target does not prepare one for a real situation. You need adrenalin/stress scenario training. If anyone is interested in some places that offer this type of training for civilians, PM me.

At the very minimum, I would say a civilian needs one intensive week of training and then needs to do a quick training review each week of the skills, to carry and know when to use and control adrenalain reactions.

But many times in a self defense situation, unless the other individual has already started the attack, a show of force deesculates the situation. Many times guns are used for self defense, no shot is ever fired, just showing the firearm stops a potential attack. For example, a friend (that I had trained ina self defense course I taught) and his family was in a potential car jacking situation. By pulling out his firearm and presenting the appearance, the potential attackers vacated the area. They realized that he was willing to take it to a lethal level if they showed further agression and showed any deadly weapons. But, again he had been extensively trained in firearms usage, adrenalain control and self defense. He been trained also in how to deal with situation, when his family was with him as well. Get training!
Old 8 July 2007, 05:39 PM   #38
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
Similiar to our Rules of Engagement we had in Iraq. No warning shots allowed. It either was a threat or not. If was a threat, kill it. If not a threat, do not shoot at or point gun at. If you are doubting is a threat or not, probably not. If you see a threat, kill it and keep on shooting until threat is destroyed

Again, if you are going to carry a firearm, get the proper training. Just going to a range and shooting at a target does not prepare one for a real situation. You need adrenalin/stress scenario training. If anyone is interested in some places that offer this type of training for civilians, PM me.

At the very minimum, I would say a civilian needs one intensive week of training and then needs to do a quick training review each week of the skills, to carry and know when to use and control adrenalain reactions.

But many times in a self defense situation, unless the other individual has already started the attack, a show of force deesculates the situation. Many times guns are used for self defense, no shot is ever fired, just showing the firearm stops a potential attack. For example, a friend (that I had trained ina self defense course I taught) and his family was in a potential car jacking situation. By pulling out his firearm and presenting the appearance, the potential attackers vacated the area. They realized that he was willing to take it to a lethal level if they showed further agression and showed any deadly weapons. But, again he had been extensively trained in firearms usage, adrenalain control and self defense. He been trained also in how to deal with situation, when his family was with him as well. Get training!
Interesting post, Chad....thanks!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 8 July 2007, 06:35 PM   #39
ADISMO
Banned

when you have no real counterpoints or arguments, simply "take the high road" and avoid discussion by casting aspersion on the truth brought up by your opponent. feebler minds will see this show confidence as genuine and assume it is backed up by truth, crediting you as the winner of the argument without the need to present actual facts or valid arguments.

commonly used tactic by the left, anarchists, cultists.
Old 8 July 2007, 07:38 PM   #40
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I thought this was the "Jokes and Cartoons" forum.

Thank goodness we don't have a "Serious" forum.

Isn't it time this was put to bed?

Member #10
Old 8 July 2007, 07:49 PM   #41
ADISMO
Banned

ibtl :)
Old 8 July 2007, 08:22 PM   #42
Lol-x
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ View Post
I thought this was the "Jokes and Cartoons" forum.

Thank goodness we don't have a "Serious" forum.

Isn't it time this was put to bed?
I think your right, this was a joke and enough has been said so I think it is time to close this thread down and move on.
Closed Thread