The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 25 January 2013, 10:00 PM   #61
Sandar1992

Watch: Rolex datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Sandar, I carry a cheap throw away pen(Rollerball or Gel writer) with me as well so if someone needs a pen to use I give them that one instead of one of my fountain pens!!!

Take it easy.....Leo
Good advice! I think I have to get a bic. Thanks.
Sandar1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 12:42 AM   #62
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandar1992 View Post
Good advice! I think I have to get a bic. Thanks.
Pilot makes a Gel Writer called G-2 which are really good and you can get refills. They come two or four to a package and come in sizes Ultra-fine(.38mm), fine(.5mm), medium(.7mm)and bold(1.0mm).....check them out. I use this pen or I do have a Rollerball made by a friend who bought a kit and then used a lathe to turn the wood for the barrel and body...the wood is Burl Hackberry!!!

Take it easy.....Leo

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2013, 04:34 PM   #63
D O C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710LN
A fine selection inthe Boheme. I bought a MB rollerball (161) when I was still in medical school a number of years ago. I eventually graduateed to the Legrand (162) a little bit later. I used to think the ballpoints were low rent and I looked down upon them or some time. That is until I decided to buy one (164) and found for me they are the most efficient and compact during day to day patient care. There's no risk of dropping the cap on the floor from frequent capping/uncapping (I've dropped my share of MB caps on the floor and damaged them). That being said, let me give a few pieces of advice.

1. Don't be afraid to try new pens. You might be surprised how much you like the feel or look of a pen once its in your hand. Pictures and advertisements can deceive.

2. If you go with the ballpoint, get the broad (B) tip refill. It flows easy, feels good and looks good writing too.

3. Agree with above. Never hand your pen to a stranger or someone that doesn't appreciate it. They'll drop it or damage it. Be sure and carry with you in your white coat or scrub top what I call a "scrub pen". When a patient asks to borrow your pen to write something down then hand them the "scrub pen". Potential damage averted.

4. Realize that during training and practice that pen will be in and out of your shirt/coat pocket. Take care.

D O C

D O C is offline   Reply With Quote