The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 August 2009, 01:57 AM   #1
BigHat
Banned

Watch: Lange One MP
Your Thoughts On This New ROO

Can't decide if I must have this watch or it's just too crazy. Your thoughts. I think I like the color combo.

It's a limited edition (300) so probably couldn't get it anyway. Montauk Highway is the model
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apmontauk0.jpg (136.8 KB, 399 views)
BigHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 02:01 AM   #2
allanofcalifornia
"TRF" Member

I am not sure either but very interesting!!

Allan
allanofcalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 02:04 AM   #3
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
That watch looks amazing! Sure, some will not like it and it would take getting used to the baby blue trip etc but it is VERY nice and super unique. Always nice to get stuff that is outside the "norm" with watches, and less common. 300 watches limited, world wide makes that a fairly exclusive watch I say!!! AP is great, I say think about it some more and really consider getting it if you want
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 02:10 AM   #4
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
That watch looks amazing! Sure, some will not like it and it would take getting used to the baby blue trip etc but it is VERY nice and super unique. :
Your point is a great one. NOT a watch you'd buy for everyday wear but if you could have a few, it seems to be a great color combo for relaxed attire on a nice summer day. I think that was their point; Montauk Highway is deemed by some to be sort of a "getaway" from the grind of the city.

They remain available at London Jewelers and the AP Boutiques. $20,600 to include shipping. Hmm.
Old 9 August 2009, 04:12 AM   #5
cody p
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air-King 114200
i like it.
cody p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 05:23 AM   #6
iwantagmt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
This is not for me. When you can go with a timeless design (like a regular ROO) why choose a fad over elegance?
iwantagmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 05:51 AM   #7
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantagmt View Post
This is not for me. When you can go with a timeless design (like a regular ROO) why choose a fad over elegance?

Because I already have a couple of elegant watches and there are plenty of time that a "colorful" sport watch fits in? I don't know, at least my rationale at this point.

One could make the case that every ROO LE is a fad but some of them are darn nice.

Appreciate the feedback thus far everyone. Don't be shy, if you don't like it pls let me know and, if possible, why.

Pride myself in deciding myself on what I like, but I need to move fast on this one and think your ideas on it may help. The fact is I need to act on Monday and don't have a week to put it up as a screen saver, paw it in the AD, etc.
Old 9 August 2009, 05:58 AM   #8
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
I think it might really look good in person but in the pic, the blue is kinda really babyish on such a manly and awesome watch, so doesn't click for me but a real-life view/assessment might change the opinion as real-life color and presence make a lot of difference.
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 06:01 AM   #9
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
although I must admit at second look I can say I find it a very 'fresh' look :)...can go for your 'summer getaway' sports watch..its sure very different :)
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 06:01 AM   #10
cyberone

Watch: Rolex Gmt masterII
it looks great but i would stick to more neutral colors that way is mor timelees I M H O :)
cyberone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 August 2009, 07:46 AM   #11
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
I think it might really look good in person but in the pic, the blue is kinda really babyish on such a manly and awesome watch, so doesn't click for me but a real-life view/assessment might change the opinion as real-life color and presence make a lot of difference.
This is what I was thinking too. The blue was to be just right in this shade. I understand it really a turquoise blue. Still light but apparently not a "baby blue."
Old 9 August 2009, 07:48 AM   #12
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberone View Post
it looks great but i would stick to more neutral colors that way is mor timelees I M H O :)
These were the two I was thinking about prior to seeing this. Pretty sure they all contain the in-house movement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg APROOSafari6.jpg (81.7 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg Navy2.jpg (73.4 KB, 373 views)
Old 9 August 2009, 08:49 AM   #13
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

There are some pics of it on this thread: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php...=4230571&rid=0

While it wouldn't be my first choice (I think the bumblebee gets that spot), it would make a great summer watch. Curious to see how it would look on bracelet.
Old 9 August 2009, 09:00 AM   #14
iwantagmt
"TRF" Member

EDITED BECAUSE I CHANGED MY MIND...

After checking out Scott's link and considering your position I would say go for it!
Old 9 August 2009, 10:25 AM   #15
boa2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Now
Matt,
For what it's worth, I've tried it on twice and absolutely love the watch. I don't think it will be a big hit with those who prefer more neutral colors, but I think it's a stunning piece.
Old 10 August 2009, 02:15 AM   #16
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
Your point is a great one. NOT a watch you'd buy for everyday wear but if you could have a few, it seems to be a great color combo for relaxed attire on a nice summer day. I think that was their point; Montauk Highway is deemed by some to be sort of a "getaway" from the grind of the city.

They remain available at London Jewelers and the AP Boutiques. $20,600 to include shipping. Hmm.

Yep, go for it! Many others in the topic seem to agree wiht that. You have other "elegant, normal" watches so go for something more exclusive and a bit different, will be refreshing
Old 10 August 2009, 05:39 AM   #17
Hammer
"TRF" Member

Looks stunning.

Go for it I say, we only pass through this way once.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2009, 08:03 AM   #18
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, go for it! Many others in the topic seem to agree wiht that. You have other "elegant, normal" watches so go for something more exclusive and a bit different, will be refreshing
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 10 August 2009, 11:33 AM   #19
BigHat
Banned

Going to sleep on it. Thanks for all the input. All of it very helpful.
Old 10 August 2009, 11:36 AM   #20
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Going to sleep on it. Thanks for all the input. All of it very helpful.
Sweet dreams...

Old 10 August 2009, 02:16 PM   #21
iwantagmt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa2 View Post
Sweet dreams...

O man! Now you HAVE to get it! it looks amazing in that pick!
Old 11 August 2009, 12:06 AM   #22
BigHat
Banned

Called again this morning. They have 3 and said that thus far only 150 of the 300 have been made. It really helps me if I can wait until mid-month to buy this. It looks like I won't miss the boat by doing so as I had improperly assumed on Sat.
Old 11 August 2009, 12:30 AM   #23
dennlow
"TRF" Member

Hmm..I find the color combination abit off...for me it has gotto be the AP Volcano.

dennlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2009, 12:32 AM   #24
boa2
"TRF" Member

You won't miss the boat on this one, Matt. It will be there. But why not put down a deposit just to start getting excited? (asks the person living vicariously through you)
Old 11 August 2009, 01:18 AM   #25
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
You won't miss the boat on this one, Matt. It will be there. But why not put down a deposit just to start getting excited? (asks the person living vicariously through you)
I asked them if they needed one and they said nope. They'll call me if they start selling. 90% that I'm buying one of these, but since I don't need to commit I figure it would be better to wait. Think I'll buy it next Monday and have it by the following weekend. Maybe getting the forms I'll need to fill out FAX'd to me will keep me excited.

My admin asst. who generally thinks I've gone nuts in regard to watches simply said -- "Buy it!!!"
Old 11 August 2009, 01:26 AM   #26
boa2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I asked them if they needed one and they said nope. They'll call me if they start selling. 90% that I'm buying one of these, but since I don't need to commit I figure it would be better to wait. Think I'll buy it next Monday and have it by the following weekend. Maybe getting the forms I'll need to fill out FAX'd to me will keep me excited.

My admin asst. who generally thinks I've gone nuts in regard to watches simply said -- "Buy it!!!"
Matt, I cannot tell you how excited I am for you!
Old 11 August 2009, 01:32 AM   #27
xbox
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hunting ...
Liking it, but not sure if it would be my first choice, credit card out, if push came to shove!
xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2009, 01:46 AM   #28
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Matt, I cannot tell you how excited I am for you!
Thanks for the support Howard.

I very much value your opinion on watches and that you've been favorably impressed after hands on exposure pretty much put me over the top.

Thanks much !!

I suspect that you're like me -- when I quickly skim through a watch magazine before studying it, I have the "Hmm, that's okay"; "That's pretty nice"; "Wouldn't mind having that" kind of thoughts, but rarely do I have the "Holy crap, I have to look into this one !!" Realize many won't feel that way about this piece, but it's a very strong "smiles at you" to me.

Really, last time I felt like that was after reading the WT article on the PAM 233 in the summer of 2006. I love all my Rolex watches, but I've bought them since then ( and the VC OS).

This definitely won't be a day-to-day watch, but it fills a gap in my watches that I've been thinking about for awhile.
Old 11 August 2009, 02:25 AM   #29
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Make that two for being excited! Knowing you will be 1 of only 300 people in the ENTIRE world to own this watch should be enough of a sign on it's own that you have to do this (espectially considering the watches you already have). Waiting until mid month will be fine, considering they are only about half way through the production of these. The economy too along with that makes me very confident you will get yours then, indeed. Keep us posted
Old 11 August 2009, 02:36 AM   #30
BigHat
Banned

Quote:
Make that two for being excited! Knowing you will be 1 of only 300 people in the ENTIRE world to own this watch should be enough of a sign on it's own that you have to do this (espectially considering the watches you already have). Waiting until mid month will be fine, considering they are only about half way through the production of these. The economy too along with that makes me very confident you will get yours then, indeed. Keep us posted
Thanks RW,
Naturally I'm excited, but remember that while it appears exclusive, it really is just a ROO with a custom dial and strap. I happen to like it of course, and that's that's enough for me. I have chased after some of the LEs in the past without success. It also kills me to see them show up in the gray market at premiums nearly instantly, but "thems the breaks."

Don't know if you've followed these for very long, but here's what I think is the best GM site for LE ROOs. Enjoy.

http://www.essential-watches.com/Aud...-Editions.aspx