The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 19 October 2023, 02:18 AM   #1
Johnsim
"TRF" Member

Icon7 AP Code 11.59 Recommendation

Hello everyone, I'm considering purchasing an AP Code 11.59 and my budget is around 35k USD. I've noticed there are only a few options available. Do you have any recommendations for my first dress watch or first luxury watch? Specifically, which Code model is the most popular among these?

I would like to hear your suggestions before I visit to try on the watches.
Johnsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 02:25 AM   #2
PT_91
"TRF" Member

My 2 cents: As you said, your budget restricts you to a certain set of options. Why don't you just have a look at them and see which of them you like the most? Letting other people tell you what to buy is probably the wrong way to approach this.
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 02:53 AM   #3
Johnsim
"TRF" Member

I often find it challenging to make the best fashion decisions, frequently feeling the urge to survey popular clothing brands before making a purchase. This helps me avoid choosing lesser-known options that might not align with current trends and could potentially be unappealing. Therefore, for my first luxury/dress watch, I hope to receive some suggestions. For instance, should I opt for a full black one and avoid those with purple, blue, or any colorful elements?

Typically, opting for the well-known option is a safe decision, ensuring I won't have any regrets later on. There have been instances where I liked something when trying it at the store, but it eventually lost its appeal after a few wears.
Old 19 October 2023, 02:55 AM   #4
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
New or used? If you look at the 2nd hand market, there's a lot more options for this price range.
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 03:18 AM   #5
Johnsim
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobs View Post
New or used? If you look at the 2nd hand market, there's a lot more options for this price range.
I am considering dealing directly with the AP house. However, I did browse through Chrono24, and the price difference seems to vary by only around 15%. Isn't that right?
Old 19 October 2023, 04:19 AM   #6
Rickkk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsim View Post
I am considering dealing directly with the AP house. However, I did browse through Chrono24, and the price difference seems to vary by only around 15%. Isn't that right?
Aren’t you better off asking someone there then?
Rickkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 October 2023, 04:20 AM   #7
Audevache
"TRF" Member

For that budget, unless you absolutely have to have a precious metal case, the one option is to get the Chronograph in bleu nuit, IMHO the best looking code there is (with the exception of some of the grand complications stuff).

I bought the very first one ever sold at my AP House and couldn’t be happier. The guilloché dial in combination with this dial color is just outstanding. Very hard to photograph though.

As an add on this will give you a start with AP directly and you’ll get a brand new watch and not something pre-owned.

You may have to wait some months, but it is absolutely worth it.

Audevache is offline   Reply With Quote