The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 August 2009, 12:01 PM   #1
ot180
"TRF" Member

Longest Friday EVER

So I purchased my first Rolex at Mayors in Atlanta (they treat their clients like royalty). I'm having it shipped for reasons we all know. I'm sure many of you can sympathize how tough that 24 hours can be. I want to say thank you to all of you. This is the most helpful and classiest group I have come across on the web and am proud to member. Pictures will be loaded tomorrow. BTW, I went to get a silver face,jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel datejust...I left with a black face sub. Fell in love the first time it was on my wrist. I never understood what people meant by it will smile back at you, until now.

Thanks again everyone.

A note about Mayors: I'm 26 and walked in with jeans and a polo. I was immediately greeted very warmly. She listed to who I was and what I wanted. She said she would be happy to sell me a datejust but strongly suggested I try on a sub. While she was helping me, another lady brought me a cold drink. They were all incredibly helpful and made me a customer for life. This particular Mayors was in Lennox mall in Buckhead.
ot180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 12:04 PM   #2
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Its good to here about your great experience.I have never had a bad 1 but many people complain on the forums.I was in my teens when I bought my 1st Rolex and will never forget it.Enjoy the new watch.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 12:15 PM   #3
XplorJax

Watch: Rolex/Tag
I had a great experience with Mayors. I went there wearing T-shirt and shorts. I never brought anything from them. But they had nice selections and people that work there.

They offered me drinks also. water or wine!

But am going to buy my 2nd Rolex there soon for sure.

Post the pics of your new watch!
XplorJax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 12:41 PM   #4
therolexguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I love hearing good AD stories. Congrats on your first. You'll never forget it.
therolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 12:53 PM   #5
simbal
"TRF" Member

I got several from Mayors in Mall of GA, great folks too!
simbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 01:22 PM   #6
kcmo
"TRF" Member

Congrats! You can't go wrong with a Sub!
kcmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2009, 01:53 PM   #7
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Hummm times are tough they need a sale...you could have said..i dont need the drink i need a discount... Anyway Congrats on your new watch...lets see those baby of yours!!!
Old 23 August 2009, 06:21 AM   #8
ot180
"TRF" Member

So my sub never arrived. I called fedex and they said the address was bad. Someone at Mayors put their corporate office street address with my city. Now Fedex has the package stuck in GA with nowhere to go. They are closed now so I cant pick it up until Monday. Not a good start.....
Old 23 August 2009, 06:50 AM   #9
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Congrats on the Sub, bummer on the shipping mix up.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 07:18 AM   #10
mike
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The time will pass...slowly.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 09:32 AM   #11
SDDS
"TRF" Member

congratulations
Rolex Oysterquartz 17000 N series
Rolex OP 41MM 124300 Green Dial
SDDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 09:41 AM   #12
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Once you receive your new Rolex you will not only enjoy your new watch but one day will laugh at the mixup!!!
The time will pass.....

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 04:18 PM   #13
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
congratulations and it's a great classic to have now.
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 07:20 PM   #14
ashu2289
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas,SD
wow..congrats on that classic

Everything becomes nothing after ROLEX
116520 SS Daytona White Dial
116520 SS Daytona Black Dial
116523 18K&SS Daytona Slate Dial
16600 Sea-Dweller
16710 GMT Master II Pepsi Bezel
16613 18K&SS Submariner Blue Dial
116660 Deepsea Sea-Dweller
ashu2289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 10:58 PM   #15
zak98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
congrats.. a timeless classic!
Panerai PAM390
zak98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 11:08 PM   #16
Chozn1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub and President
Quote:
Originally Posted by ot180 View Post
So I purchased my first Rolex at Mayors in Atlanta (they treat their clients like royalty). I'm having it shipped for reasons we all know. I'm sure many of you can sympathize how tough that 24 hours can be. I want to say thank you to all of you. This is the most helpful and classiest group I have come across on the web and am proud to member. Pictures will be loaded tomorrow. BTW, I went to get a silver face,jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel datejust...I left with a black face sub. Fell in love the first time it was on my wrist. I never understood what people meant by it will smile back at you, until now.

Thanks again everyone.

A note about Mayors: I'm 26 and walked in with jeans and a polo. I was immediately greeted very warmly. She listed to who I was and what I wanted. She said she would be happy to sell me a datejust but strongly suggested I try on a sub. While she was helping me, another lady brought me a cold drink. They were all incredibly helpful and made me a customer for life. This particular Mayors was in Lennox mall in Buckhead.
I just bought a second home about a 1\2 mile from Lenox mall and went shopping there last weekend. I need an appraiser for insurance on my watch and I went in to see if they could give me a number. Mind you, they had nothing to gain from this other than hoping I'd one day purchase from them for their kindness, but the manager came out himself and got me the number to the guy they use. They were a real class act, and I wouldn't hasitate to do business with them.

BTW, did you get a discount?
In search of DayDate
Prior models... Just about everything.
Chozn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2009, 11:10 PM   #17
Chozn1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So my sub never arrived. I called fedex and they said the address was bad. Someone at Mayors put their corporate office street address with my city. Now Fedex has the package stuck in GA with nowhere to go. They are closed now so I cant pick it up until Monday. Not a good start.....
I'm sure they have another one in stock. I'd call the manager and ask them to eat the sales tax and you'd like to come pick up your watch. Not saying it would happen, but I bet they'd at least meet you halfway.
In search of DayDate
Old 23 August 2009, 11:25 PM   #18
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Typical of my experiences with Mayors.

Plus I would rather have a nice discount rather than a glass of wine. With the money I saved buying gray market rather than Mayors, my wife and I have enjoyed bottles, not glasses, of wine.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2009, 12:02 AM   #19
ghormley
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
congrats
ghormley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2009, 12:16 AM   #20
ot180
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
I just bought a second home about a 1\2 mile from Lenox mall and went shopping there last weekend. I need an appraiser for insurance on my watch and I went in to see if they could give me a number. Mind you, they had nothing to gain from this other than hoping I'd one day purchase from them for their kindness, but the manager came out himself and got me the number to the guy they use. They were a real class act, and I wouldn't hasitate to do business with them.

BTW, did you get a discount?
I don't want to call out my AD, but let's say we all agree it's necessary, in this market, to get a discount on any model.

I spoke with the manager who called Fedex to work out the details. It will be delivered Monday. The manager will not be in Monday so he gave me his personal number in case the sub doesn't make it for any reason. I feel good saying he's doing what is within his power. The wait is still torture.
Old 24 August 2009, 12:21 AM   #21
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
I don't want to call out my AD, but let's say we all agree it's necessary, in this market, to get a discount on any model.

I spoke with the manager who called Fedex to work out the details. It will be delivered Monday. The manager will not be in Monday so he gave me his personal number in case the sub doesn't make it for any reason. I feel good saying he's doing what is within his power. The wait is still torture.
Damn it's gonna be a long weekend. Had to wait all we for my last snag. But all will be forgotten once you have that classic on your wrist.
Congrats and enjoy,
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2009, 12:25 AM   #22
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

One more long night and day. To bad you could not make arrangements to pick it up at your local FedEx facility. That way, you would not have to wait all day for the delivery. But, you have lived without it this long.... I understand your excitement and furtrsation with the situation.

As far as Mayors goes, well, they do usually treat people nicely. But, in mine, better be prepared to pay full fare. I love to go there and look but, as someone else stated, I'd rather buy gray market and save money.
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2009, 03:06 AM   #23
Chozn1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, that's all I was wondering. I've heard some people say Mayor's played ball, and other's say they wouldn't discount a dime. I just wanted to know so that if I went in to make a purchase at that particular store they'd be reasonable.
In search of DayDate
Old 24 August 2009, 03:20 AM   #24
ot180
"TRF" Member

I would say they are reasonable. I would also say that they are "less reasonable" with ss sport models than some of the others. In the future, I would possibly buy from a gray dealer or a fellow member here, but think a solid AD is a smart choice for the first . After all...we never forget our first.
Old 25 August 2009, 04:16 AM   #25
ot180
"TRF" Member

So I received the sub today. It was sized incorrectly, which is odd because I had two links removed when I purchased and they sent it to me with 3 links removed. This can be fixed, but what is really bad is there are 10 small scratches around the clasp now. I understand one or two, but 10! This has been really disappointing.
Old 25 August 2009, 04:30 AM   #26
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Sub = Good Choice
Old 25 August 2009, 04:40 AM   #27
NewYorker

Watch: GMT IIc
Quote:
So I received the sub today. It was sized incorrectly, which is odd because I had two links removed when I purchased and they sent it to me with 3 links removed. This can be fixed, but what is really bad is there are 10 small scratches around the clasp now. I understand one or two, but 10! This has been really disappointing.
Better to underpromise and overdeliver?

Sorry to hear about the comedy of errors ot180 - hope it gets resolved accordingly.

Seems like there have been snafus for all channels of Rolex acquisition forTRF posters (grey dealer warranties not being honored, ADs being stuck up, ADs being nice, but not delivering goods as promised).

The message for the neurotic types out there is to go to an AD that treats customers like humans (Mayors sounds pretty good), get a reasonable discount, and go home with the watch happy (i.e. forget about saving the tax). Otherwise, you could be penny wise but pound foolish.
NewYorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 05:09 AM   #28
Black Bay Dan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Quote:
This is my big quandary at the moment. I have a new bracelet on order from Bexley, and I am not sure whether to get the AD to fit and adjust it, or do it myself. I don't mind scratches and scuffs if I have done them, but would not be impressed if the AD was responsible. Thoughts anyone.

Dan
Black Bay Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 05:52 AM   #29
Veritas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbal View Post
I got several from Mayors in Mall of GA, great folks too!

My neighbor is the Managing director there (K.R.)-they were #1 in the nation in sales recently.... They are all nice, but pricey...

On other hand I had bad experience at Lenox long time ago... But since Daniela si managing that store things got better...
Veritas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 06:04 AM   #30
Veritas07

About Mayors....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozn1 View Post
Yeah, that's all I was wondering. I've heard some people say Mayor's played ball, and other's say they wouldn't discount a dime. I just wanted to know so that if I went in to make a purchase at that particular store they'd be reasonable.

Mayors Employees have their hands tight on discounts. Everything needs to be authorized via corporate office. I know several people there including Managing Director (my neighbor).
I was just told last week that last time they did 10% discount on Sub #16610 they got MEMO from Corporate office stating-no more discounts…
Even their SS Daytona supply is fully controlled by corporate office-they decide who will get the watch. There was someone on this forum suggesting that friend had received 25% discount on SS Daytona-this is simply ridiculous-it would never happen….
Mayors is nice upscale store but not for everyone.

Bob
Veritas07 is offline   Reply With Quote