The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 July 2019, 11:55 PM   #91
Plopez
Banned

Have a lot of regrets
5712 at 33k before price hike 2016. 5711 blue at 22k late 2016. But by far the worst was purchasing a Hublot Big Bang blue jean edition over a steel white dial Daytona. Still think about it maybe twice a day...
Plopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2019, 01:49 AM   #92
dmacintyre
2024 Pledge Member

Was looking for my 10th Anniversary gift from my wife three years ago and fell in love with the Tiffany 5711 but was told no chance by Kelly. 5167 was next on my list. Got an unexpected call from Kelly. Made a snap decision to go for the 15202 because I thought it was closer to the 5711 I really wanted and more suitable to my lifestyle. Turns out it was the wrong choice for me. Would've been a great start to a PP / Tiffany relationship. Oh well. You live and learn.

15202 is a great watch but tastes change, etc.
dmacintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2019, 03:06 AM   #93
Apheaven
"TRF" Member

Was offered the 5711p anniversary edition when it came out, but had not seen in person yet and the pictures scared me when I saw how the engraved dial appeared in the pictures. This was furthered by the number of dismal reviews that focused on the dial from people who had seen fetch hand....So I passed on the offer to order the watch from my AD. The dial issue was so overblown as I bought the 5976 and can say it is a non issue. Given where market prices are now on that piece, it is hard to emotionally underwrite it as ‘worth it’....and so it goes it is now ‘the one that got away’. That said, when things come easy you don’t appreciate them as much, so perhaps for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apheaven is offline   Reply With Quote