The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 May 2010, 02:06 AM   #1
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Universal Watch repair birmingham MI stay away!!!!

a while back when i was trying to find a black insert for my LV and no one would help me, i called universal watch repair here in birmingham MI..

the owners name is Effrem, so i guess it was his son who answered the phone.. he was so cocky and rude.. when i asked if he had an insert for a 16610 he said "i have stuff" i said can you check for me? he said when you come in i will check otherwise dont waste my time..

well being i really wanted an insert and every other ad told me no, i was a bit desperate. so i swallowed his poor treatment and said ok i will come in..

now keep in mind this is a very nice store and they even have their own brand of watches "erntzbenz" or how ever you spell it.. they are not rolex certified because of problems they had in the past with rolex from what i hear on the street...

so i walk into the store, i ask for boris, he igniores me for 10 minutes and clearly sees im waiting for him, the sales guy told him i was there to talk to him... he was not helping any customers.. the store was empty.

finally he stopped what he was doing and walked over to me. he said "can i help you" i introduced myself and told him i had called over the phone to see if he had a rolex orginal black insert for a submariner 16610.. he replied again "i have stuff" i said i know you have "stuff" i came in to see it and purchase one.. he said "you know im not rolex certified" i said yes i know, but i wanted to see the bezel to make sure it was the correct one and to make sure it wasnt aftermarket..

he said i have one.. i asked if i could see it? he said "what for?"

i said i just want to make sure this is the one i want.. so he leaves and comes back with the black insert.. it was the real deal.. i said i would like to buy it..

now keep in mind this store has a reputation for almost ripping people off for watch repair and telling lies... to triple the cost of the repair after they already have your watch in pieces...

i know the inserts are only 75 bucks or so.. but i expected him to be double that because i know how they work.. so i was getting ready to expect to pay up to a 150 bucks..

i really wanted the insert and was having a hard time finding one..

so anyways back to the story.
he said its going to be 350 dollars.
i said "what!?!?" are you joking?

he said "no im not"

i said just for that insert? im going to install it myself.. i already had my watch apart back home.. he said we dont sell parts..

now if they were rolex certified i understand they could not sell parts which is what every other ad told me, but they are not rolex certified..

so i said to boris, you are not rolex certified and you told me so, so why dont you sell parts and why are you charging 350 dollars for a 75 dollar insert?

he said because it's very hard to set the insert, it takes one of my techs 3 hours and we have to opoxy glue in and set it just perfect in the bezel and then we have to bake it so it dries and sets just right...

i said, "you are wrong about that... there is no glue needed, these bezels are pressure fitted and snap right in, i could prove it to you" he looked at me for a second and said no, sorry they are not pressure fit.. so i turned around and walked out...

i couldnt believe it but not only is his son rude but the run around he gave me was just insaine.. lucky for me my friend called me the very next day with an insert.

so the point of this story is for anyone who lives in michigan and doesnt want to get ripped off, stay away from universal watch repair in birmingham MI.

oh btw, did i mention that boris was a 46 yearold man and thats how he acted? for some who might think he is just a young kid with an attitude
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote