ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 5 November 2009, 12:14 AM   #31
inspires
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcacncnc View Post

Eric, can you help me with info on how to get 13% off? I am particularly interested in DS and MAYBE a second watch for my wife, thinking Oyster Perpetual, can't remember the model but he price RRP$29,700.

Thanks
The only way you can get 13% off the GMTIIC or the DeepSea in HKG is if you have a purchase history with the AD or you know someone that does.

If you're in HKG and you are ready to buy, let me know and I will take you to Emperor Watch in TST, they are one of the "FEW" ADs are actually listed on the Rolex Site.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 5 November 2009, 12:53 PM   #32
bcacncnc
"TRF" Member

Thank you so much Eric for your kind offer.

I must admit I am VERY close to buying the DS, but my wife keeps reminding me about the tax payable etc etc. I am still wearing a cheap ass Seiko - which by the way I am happy with, but I am just looking for that ONE "big spender" watch that I really really like that I can wear for life. Right now, my heart says Deep Sea. Something about it mesmerises me. I'm hoping to start my tradition, by wearing this one watch for many years and then passing it onto my son.

My good friend has a PAM 90 J 44mm model on offer. Whilst costing much less than the DS and whilst I DO like it, my heart still lingers for the DS. I'm in two worlds, by an "interim" watch, the PAM 90... or just go all out and spend $60k on the DS.

I think with watches of this price/caliber, it really boils down to being an emotional purchase - thats what they do very well with with their marketing anyway - so its heart versus mind with the purchase, unless you are flooded with cash. I'm pulled two ways now.

Thanks again Eric, and I will message you with more details.

And "hello" to the HK forum members.
bcacncnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 November 2009, 07:06 PM   #33
inspires
"TRF" Member

What tax payable are you referring to?

It sounds like you have your heart set on the SDDS as opposed to liking the PAM90 that your friend has to offer. Either way, don't rush into the purchase, as I've had emotional purchases that I've regretted and ended up selling the piece off.

Shoot me a PM when you think you're ready.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 8 November 2009, 12:24 PM   #34
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

My wife is a Hong Kong native, who came to the US for formal studies. After we met, she fell in love with living in California and did not return to Hong Kong to live. My wife and I visit her family in Hong Kong about once a year (usually in Dec or Jan) and I absolutely love the watch viewing and Rolex shopping in Hong Kong. Best place in the world to buy a Rolex !!!
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2009, 07:11 PM   #35
multimedia
"TRF" Member

New member here who just wanted to say hi to all Hongkers.

I myself is currently based in Shanghai (expat living here for the last 2 years), and I absolutely LOVE Hong Kong , so of course I try to visit the city as often as possible.

Visited the official Rolex AD on Queens Rd. earlier this summer, and got the "standard" 8% off on both Rolex and Tudor. Tried to reason with them (have learned a few tricks from living in China... ) but to no success. Did however leave the store with a new Tudor for the wife.

Have set my eyes on the GMT IIc, but like you say Eric, they are very hard to find in stock at the AD's. And that also makes me wonder if you actually can get the 8% off on this model as well. Any input here would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe
multimedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2009, 08:51 PM   #36
R_Lui

Watch: Rolex GMT Master 2
Going to HK on Jan 2010....
R_Lui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2009, 02:25 AM   #37
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by multimedia View Post
New member here who just wanted to say hi to all Hongkers.

I myself is currently based in Shanghai (expat living here for the last 2 years), and I absolutely LOVE Hong Kong , so of course I try to visit the city as often as possible.

Visited the official Rolex AD on Queens Rd. earlier this summer, and got the "standard" 8% off on both Rolex and Tudor. Tried to reason with them (have learned a few tricks from living in China... ) but to no success. Did however leave the store with a new Tudor for the wife.

Have set my eyes on the GMT IIc, but like you say Eric, they are very hard to find in stock at the AD's. And that also makes me wonder if you actually can get the 8% off on this model as well. Any input here would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Joe
Hi Joe - I can get 13% off the GMTIIC, but again would need let the AD know in advance to locate one for you if you're planning a trip to HK.

Ironically I just returned from Shanghai today
Old 19 November 2009, 04:06 PM   #38
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspires View Post
Hi Joe - I can get 13% off the GMTIIC, but again would need let the AD know in advance to locate one for you if you're planning a trip to HK.

Ironically I just returned from Shanghai today
Thx for the heads up Eric. I really appreciate the offer!

(hope it wasn't to cold for you in Shanghai. Winter has unfortunately already arrived (the earliest in 28 years they say), and today I even saw some snowflakes in the air... Well, at least winter isn't very long here, that's for sure)

Cheers,
Joe
multimedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2009, 06:03 PM   #39
TABACCO
"TRF" Member

shanghai baby yeah!!
TABACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2009, 02:08 AM   #40
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lui View Post
Going to HK on Jan 2010....
Robert - drop me a line if you need AD or Vintage shop recommendations
Old 25 November 2009, 01:32 PM   #41
J.Wong
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor/Rolex Divers
Vintage shop recommendation boys? I've seen the one on Middle Road, they had a 6263 , 1680, 2 x 1655's and a 18k 1675 on display. Not bad but most people under appreciate and walk past the shop. I stood there for about a good 10 mins.
Member #88
Instagram : @jwlife37
J.Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2009, 09:40 PM   #42
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVS View Post
Vintage shop recommendation boys? I've seen the one on Middle Road, they had a 6263 , 1680, 2 x 1655's and a 18k 1675 on display. Not bad but most people under appreciate and walk past the shop. I stood there for about a good 10 mins.
That's Pak Lee - one of the most reputable vintage shops in Hong Kong. They were able to find a 1977 production 1680 for me which I picked up a few months ago. Good guys

Last edited by inspires; 25 November 2009 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: incorrect spelling
inspires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2009, 02:50 PM   #43
J.Wong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's Pak Lee - one of the most reputable vintage shops in Hong Kong. They were able to find a 1977 production 1680 for me which I picked up a few months ago. Good guys
Sweet! I keep looking at their display case outside but DO NOT WANT TO go inside. It will break my bank!!

But damn! They got some nice things on display. Will talk to them when I got some money to buy a new...emm.. vintage piece.
Member #88
Old 1 December 2009, 03:17 PM   #44
TABACCO
"TRF" Member

hello guys, im goin to SHANGHAI in 2 weeks time, any preowed watch store u guys can recommend? thanks a bunch
TABACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2009, 08:49 PM   #45
multimedia
"TRF" Member

Sorry ED, but I can't help you out here. The reason being that I much rather hold on to my money and use them during my trips down to Hong Kong. The tax on luxury products here in China are ridiculously high, plus after living here for while I have a hard time trusting people when not dealing with an official seller (sorry to say, but that's the way it is here many times)

Cheers,
Joe
Old 3 December 2009, 12:23 AM   #46
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sorry ED, but I can't help you out here. The reason being that I much rather hold on to my money and use them during my trips down to Hong Kong. The tax on luxury products here in China are ridiculously high, plus after living here for while I have a hard time trusting people when not dealing with an official seller (sorry to say, but that's the way it is here many times)

Cheers,
Joe
I completely agree with Joe on this one. Hong Kong is probably the best place in all of Asia for selection, reputation and prices for the pre-owned luxury watch market.

Save up for your next trip to HK and I'll take you around.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 4 December 2009, 04:47 PM   #47
J.Wong
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TABACCO View Post
hello guys, im goin to SHANGHAI in 2 weeks time, any preowed watch store u guys can recommend? thanks a bunch
Quote:

Cheers,
Joe
Quote:
I completely agree with Joe on this one. Hong Kong is probably the best place in all of Asia for selection, reputation and prices for the pre-owned luxury watch market.

Save up for your next trip to HK and I'll take you around.

Cheers,

Eric
What they said, if you wanted a 3rd opinion, you've got it! I frequently fly to Shanghai for business and I would never consider to look for a pre-owned piece up in China.. even in Shanghai (which I consider to be the safest city in China).. Hong Kong is the place.. especially for ROLEX. You can find more vintages and pre-owned here then on any of the forums.
Member #88
Old 7 December 2009, 12:38 AM   #48
Carlos98326194
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing YOU!
wow!
Haven't view this one for ages...

wow! 13% on a GMT2c in an AD is really good!
Old 7 December 2009, 12:41 AM   #49
Carlos98326194
"TRF" Member

So guys.. any news on the price increase?
Tudor just have its increase on Dec 1 2009 in HK. Most AD says that Rolex's price increase is just around the corner..
Old 7 December 2009, 12:45 AM   #50
Carlos98326194
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Cheers,
Joe
This is so true...
You can regularly see alot of people from China that come to HK to shop. and i mean SHOP...
I once saw a couple of mainlanders inside a ROLEX AD that bought 4 rolex watches and also have many paper bags of LV and GUCCI.
Old 7 December 2009, 08:18 PM   #51
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos98326194 View Post
This is so true...
You can regularly see alot of people from China that come to HK to shop. and i mean SHOP...
I once saw a couple of mainlanders inside a ROLEX AD that bought 4 rolex watches and also have many paper bags of LV and GUCCI.
Hi Carlos - glad to see the original poster back on!

Perhaps we should round up a GTG now that we have a few bodies responding to this HK thread.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 8 December 2009, 12:55 AM   #52
trophy
"TRF" Member

just asking

Quote:
Hey all,

I used to be from Canada, but recently has moved back to Hong Kong and its been quite a long while since my last log-in to TRF... :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TABACCO View Post
hello eric, are u chinese born canadian? anyway i love visiting your country, watches there are awesome!! have u visited the PHILIPPINES? its about 2hrs flight from HK.anyway im back in manila and might go there again this november, do u know any store that are selling pre owned watches? i went to your local AD and they told me all rolex are standard 8% discount only, is it true?
hi ed, im also from the philippines....just want to ask where we can buy rolex at a cheaper price, is it in an AD in HK or Manila. Here in Manila, i bought my 1st rolex ss sub lv at Washington. do you have an experience in buying pre owned? what do you advice? many thanks...
trophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 December 2009, 06:22 PM   #53
serge131
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,
I will be visiting HK in december. I was wondering if the sea dweller(not the deep sea) is still being sold there.
thanks!
Serge
serge131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2009, 05:10 PM   #54
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge131 View Post
Hi guys,
I will be visiting HK in december. I was wondering if the sea dweller(not the deep sea) is still being sold there.
thanks!
Serge
Hello my fellow Canadian - to answer your question, you can find any Rolex imaginable in Hong Kong.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 7 January 2010, 01:47 AM   #55
inspires
"TRF" Member

Anyone up for a Hong Kong GTG?
Old 7 January 2010, 05:27 PM   #56
allenlau2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600, 116710LN
Hello all,

Also reside in HK, been here for the past 9 years... Eric, thanks again for your info in the other threads. GTG, what do you have in mind?
allenlau2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2010, 06:23 PM   #57
inspires
"TRF" Member

Dinner or Drinks? Somewhere we can casually chat about our obsession!
Old 7 January 2010, 06:26 PM   #58
J.Wong
"TRF" Member

Sounds good! Hopefully by the time we meet up, I would have gotten my 1st acquisition of 2010!!

And Im curious to see what Eric (inspires) got as his "grail piece" :)

Jon
Member #88
Old 7 January 2010, 06:35 PM   #59
inspires
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Sounds good! Hopefully by the time we meet up, I would have gotten my 1st acquisition of 2010!!

And Im curious to see what Eric (inspires) got as his "grail piece" :)

Jon
Hi Jon,

I just traded my 1675 today for a Milgauss GV, and I'm loving the feel of it on my wrist. Still saving up for my grail piece, and hopefully will find it this year. I've been through a lot of PAMs in the last 6 months and a couple of Rolexes.

How does Saturday night work for you guys? Jon and Allen? There's a few other guys from HK that I've been chatting with on and from TRF, if Saturday works for you guys I'll send some PM's out.

Cheers,

Eric
Old 7 January 2010, 06:43 PM   #60
J.Wong
"TRF" Member

Eric, I thought you would be trading the 1675 for your "grail"! Milgauss is a great choice, and I think we have similar tastes. :)

I will be flying out to Shanghai later on tonight, and won't be back till early next week. So if I do miss this GTG, not to worry.. always a next time!

Jon
Member #88