The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 21 December 2010, 07:17 AM   #91
ptmpls

"I continue to look for info. about this Rolex all over the internet. As per some web site list, this model serial number is from 1939-41? That was news to me, incredible!!!"

Serial number could place it in 1939-41 range, but as someone on this forum mentioned to me when I was trying to date my watch... Rolex re-used serial numbers once the original series got to a million. By serial number my watch would have been produced in 1947 or 1963 - depending on whether it was first run of numbers or the second go-around. So based on your story that he bought the watch after 1960, likely (based on Rolex re-using serial numbers) that is the correct time period.
ptmpls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2010, 09:51 AM   #92
SalseroYQue

Hi...Yes looks like 1956 is the year of production for this watch as per stamp inside case, my birth year by the way..very cool. Thanks for your info..:)
SalseroYQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2011, 01:01 PM   #93
SalseroYQue

Icon20 Updated info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalseroYQue View Post
Spoke to my in-law, She stated that her Husband bought the watch sometime after 1960 in Brooklyn, NY. my father in law used to work at The Brooklyn Navy Yard around that time, Unable to provide me with more information.
Updated info: Today I spoke to my mother in law Brother, He stated that he gave my father in law the Rolex watch as a gift at least 50yrs ago, He bought a pawn ticket from a friend who needed cash and He paid The Pawn Shop and took ownership of the watch. He told me the watch looked new to Him. At that time He owned a Solid Gold Longines so' He gave My Father in Law the Rolex. He stated That He still owns the Longines and it is in great shape and working condition. He is trilled that I restored the Rolex and wants to see pictures...I asked Him for pics of the longines so I can research it and provide some info. He wants to know the value...He also told me that my father in law will wear the Rolex even when working on his yard and He will tell him to remove it, but my in law will said "it just a watch", LOL If he only knew how much it was going to go up in value....(my Mother In Law is 78 yrs old?) so perhaps her memory of events is not that sharp.
SalseroYQue is offline   Reply With Quote