The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 April 2008, 11:02 AM   #31
Perdu
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Very nice watch and great job on the review.

Benson 1937 Sterling Silver Hunter
Perdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2008, 12:30 AM   #32
Scarface
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex , Omega
Nice one, enjoy it
How does the steel feels compared to Rolex 904 grade?
Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph
Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2008, 04:41 PM   #33
Icyguava
"TRF" Member

Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post.

It took me some reading on the net for Steinhart's feedback before I decided to purchase the GMT (black). After placing my order last Saturday, I finally got my watch from Fedex delivery this morning. I must say I'm very pleased with the turn-around time since I stayed in Singapore.

However, I was really disappointed shortly the moment I checked the winding. This is what I've wrote to Steinhart immediately:

Firstly, the GMT hand does not rotate smoothly, but rather moves every 2.5 second mark as i turn the crown. Also, it only moves once after about a full turn on the crown.

Secondly, as I wind the Min/Hr hands, the GMT hand rotates slower than the hour hand. That is not in sync with the Hr hand.

Hopefully they would attend to my enquiry soon.

Guava.
Icyguava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2008, 09:18 PM   #34
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Hi,

IMO that sounds about right to me for the 24 hr GMT hand and the hour hand.

The GMT hand should rotate at half the hour hand speed. The 2.5 second represents 24 divisions.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2008, 11:10 AM   #35
Icyguava
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Hi,

IMO that sounds about right to me for the 24 hr GMT hand and the hour hand.

The GMT hand should rotate at half the hour hand speed. The 2.5 second represents 24 divisions.
Gosh...! There's certainly no better way to embarrass myself

Thank you for your sharing.
Icyguava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2008, 12:08 AM   #36
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
hey Guava!..welcome to TRF :)
theres no getting embarrassed here..I asked a load of stupid questions(still do) and good techy people here always have a good techy answer..even I didn't know this amazing thing Eddie pointed out, about 2.5 sec representing 24 divisions eventually..didnt notice it like that..hope you enjoy your new watch :)
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2008, 03:05 PM   #37
cedric
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icyguava View Post
Hi all. I'm new here and this is my first post.

It took me some reading on the net for Steinhart's feedback before I decided to purchase the GMT (black). After placing my order last Saturday, I finally got my watch from Fedex delivery this morning. I must say I'm very pleased with the turn-around time since I stayed in Singapore.

However, I was really disappointed shortly the moment I checked the winding. This is what I've wrote to Steinhart immediately:

Firstly, the GMT hand does not rotate smoothly, but rather moves every 2.5 second mark as i turn the crown. Also, it only moves once after about a full turn on the crown.

Secondly, as I wind the Min/Hr hands, the GMT hand rotates slower than the hour hand. That is not in sync with the Hr hand.

Hopefully they would attend to my enquiry soon.

Guava.
Hi Guava... me from SG too... interested in steinhartwatches too... from which website did you order your watch??? Thks in advance..
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2008, 06:19 PM   #38
flwrtears

Watch: Rolexes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedric View Post
Hi Guava... me from SG too... interested in steinhartwatches too... from which website did you order your watch??? Thks in advance..
why dont try gnomon at shaw tower,they do carry it or can place order for you.Or you can order directly thru steinhart directly online..
flwrtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2009, 03:45 AM   #39
solesik
"TRF" Member

hi . i have the same watch with the same problems you guys have . +15sec\day. after six months of wearing it every day, i sent the watch back to them, ten days later got my watch back . all the problems is fixed. its been ten days my watch run +2sec during the day, took it off at night rested crown up, then check time in the morning dead on. so i am very happy with my gmt ocean 1.its a very good watch for the money.
solesik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2009, 09:13 AM   #40
SilverTrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baptistman View Post
can 100% verify, they are made by grovana using grovanas private labelling facility.
Hello all ! New here.

I think Grovana and Revue Thommen are part of the same group.

Nice to know the Steinhart badge is back.

The last I heard, its previous owners closed it down and rebranded as DeBaufre after legal threats from Hanhart I think. Does anyone know the story behind Steinhart's resurrection?
SilverTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2009, 03:50 PM   #41
25lgt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flwrtears View Post
why dont try gnomon at shaw tower,they do carry it or can place order for you.Or you can order directly thru steinhart directly online..
is there a store in the US to order from? (I have never brought anything outside the border)
25lgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2009, 01:35 AM   #42
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
Nice one, enjoy it
How does the steel feels compared to Rolex 904 grade?
There is nothing magical with 904L S.Steel IMHO the use of 904L is just pure marketing hype and there are many posts on TRF on this subject.904L S.steel was developed originally for its resistance to sulphuric acid and shows a little bit more resistance to acid corrosion than 316L.So if you don't put your hands and watch into corrosive substances. It shows little or no advantage to the normal 316L thats used by the rest of the watch industry.And in many ways 316L is superior to 904L,so if 904L was so special don't you think all high end brands would use it.But the fact that it cost more is just a pure marketing bragging factor.

904L S.steel typical applications include
Processing plant for sulphuric, phosphoric, and acetic acids, vinegar pickling condiment factories.
Pulp and paper processing

Components in gas scrubbing plants

Seawater cooling equipment

Oil refinery components

Wires in electrostatic precipitations

And as far as I know Rolex are the only manufacturer to use this kind of 904L steel Stainless steel for the purpose of watch case parts making its slightly more corrosion resistant than industry standard (316L)AISI 904L is a optimum choice for manufacturing of stainless steel for use in chemical corrosive plants.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 March 2011, 03:02 AM   #43
NMS75

Watch: 16610 & 116710LN
To revive an old thread... I have just placed an order for a Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Blue Red and eagerly await its delivery from Germany. I have heard nothing but great comments about Steinhart watches and at 390 Euros it sounds like a real value-for-money timepiece being a Swiss made automatic!

M
NMS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2011, 05:57 AM   #44
SPARTAN2161
Banned

Watch: me flip
I got this watch for my Birthday this year. I love it. REALLY nice and great reveiw, spot on!
SPARTAN2161 is offline   Reply With Quote