The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 March 2018, 06:41 AM   #1
dafuture
"TRF" Member

A shot in the dark

Last week, at the Costco in Los Angeles, CA, my grandmother lost her two tone, champagne dial Datejust on jubilee. Her memory has been a bit hazy of late, and she set the time but left it on her lap in the car rather than putting it on. The thought is that she dropped it in the parking lot when she got out. My grandparents can afford to replace it, but here's the kicker: the watch belonged to my grandfather's brother, who passed away from cancer in the early 2000s. Though he won't admit it (he doesn't want to make my grandmother feel any worse), he's devastated at the loss of such a piece.

While I know this is a long shot, if anyone happens to have seen it or picked it up, please let me know. I'd post a serial number here, but I've yet to find any papers in their home with it listed.

Thanks!
Old 13 March 2018, 06:48 AM   #2
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

At the risk of earning the captain obvious of the day award, have you checked with the CS desk to see if it was turned in? I do hope you guys find it. That would be a sad loss. Good luck.

E-
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 06:52 AM   #3
dafuture
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
At the risk of earning the captain obvious of the day award, have you checked with the CS desk to see if it was turned in? I do hope you guys find it. That would be a sad loss. Good luck.

E-
We did check, unfortunately nobody turned it in. Thanks for the well wishes. I really do hope some sort of miracle turns it up.
Old 13 March 2018, 06:54 AM   #4
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Agreed with above. No harm in at least trying to see if a good soul turned it in to Costco's lost and found.

I am very sorry to hear about this happening. Please do share the actual Costco location this happened at and watch serial # when you locate it. Happy to do some quick searches on local for sale postings in case anything like this shows up. Also, with the champagne dial, does the watch have sticks or diamonds for the hour markers? Is it the classic 26mm model?
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2018, 06:56 AM   #5
dafuture
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Agreed with above. No harm in at least trying to see if a good soul turned it in to Costco's lost and found.

I am very sorry to hear about this happening. Please do share the actual Costco location this happened at and watch serial # when you locate it. Happy to do some quick searches on local for sale postings in case anything like this shows up. Also, with the champagne dial, does the watch have sticks or diamonds for the hour markers? Is it the classic 26mm model?
Definitely.

I believe it's the Costco at 2901 Los Feliz Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90039. I'm still working on the serial (and a picture if I can get one), but it was a 36mm Men's DJ with champagne dial and stick markers. Having only seen it a couple times, I'd venture a guess that it was a late 70s/80s model and no later.

I appreciate the help!