The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2011, 10:52 AM   #1
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

Thank you Anthony (rolexcd)

I have to publicly give a big "Thank You" to Anthony (rolexcd) for his first 390 post on this forum.
Anthony: because of your post I got this beautiful piece, thank you so much. Do you mind I contact you next summer when I visit Shanghai?
zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 11:56 AM   #2
mfer
"TRF" Member

No doubt. Big thanks. Hopefully your early notice helps me to get one. Fingers crossed.

member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 01:03 PM   #3
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

Nice work Anthony!
Anymore insider news? Lol!
Old 20 September 2011, 01:18 PM   #4
zlin08033
"TRF" Member

You will!

Just matter of time, 2000 pieces should not be that hard to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
No doubt. Big thanks. Hopefully your early notice helps me to get one. Fingers crossed.

zlin08033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 03:41 PM   #5
rolexcd

Watch: Daytona SS Black D
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlin08033 View Post
I have to publicly give a big "Thank You" to Anthony (rolexcd) for his first 390 post on this forum.
Anthony: because of your post I got this beautiful piece, thank you so much. Do you mind I contact you next summer when I visit Shanghai?
My pleasure and I should be able to pass on similar news on new releases in the future models as well.

Really glad that you guys are enjoying the watch so much. However, I am upset with the fact that I am still waiting for my one till now since I am located in China. I was told that Hong Kong has received the first shipment but no news on when China will be having the first batch as yet.

I really want one asap and it will be really sad if I cannot hold on to one. Life is difficult here as the mode adopted by dealers here are not as fair and as open as those overseas.

I really really really want one!!!!
rolexcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 03:45 PM   #6
rolexcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwatching View Post
Nice work Anthony!
Anymore insider news? Lol!
The latest one is the second latest of the remaining PAM 366 (Chinese edition with the "Fu" character). The release of the first batch of 1,000 units stopped a few months ago and the release of the remaining 500 units has just started. I was told that PAM 366 would stop at 1,000 units followed by the release of PAM 367 (Chinese edition without the "Fu" character). Now, the release of PAM 367 (500 units) is close to an end and the second batch of PAM 366 is re-joining the market.

I will gather information even now and then with pictures to be posted on new editions in due course.

However, I hope that there will not be too many so-called special editions and I have to get a bank loan to support the future purchases.

Really glad that you guys can secure the PAM 390.
Old 20 September 2011, 03:53 PM   #7
rolexcd

I have also got detailed information on from "all" the models from 1997 to 2011 including production run for each year of each model, quantity, listed price of each year, evolutions made over the time, etc.

In cases any of you need information on any models, I will be pleased to share with you.

There is a model being PAM 148 with 3.0995 carats of diamonds back in 2004 and 2006 (total of 16 pieces)!!!!
Old 20 September 2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

i'm not in the market for a 390, but, i appreciate you hooking up the forum with this news. good stuff, thanks.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 09:52 PM   #9
texex91
"TRF" Member

texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2011, 11:50 PM   #10
mfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexcd View Post
I have also got detailed information on from "all" the models from 1997 to 2011 including production run for each year of each model, quantity, listed price of each year, evolutions made over the time, etc.

In cases any of you need information on any models, I will be pleased to share with you.

There is a model being PAM 148 with 3.0995 carats of diamonds back in 2004 and 2006 (total of 16 pieces)!!!!
I would love this information and also would like to put it in a form that we could share here on TPF (the panerai forum)

I'd be willing to make the transcription from PDF/pictures to text so it could be posted here.
member#3242
Old 20 September 2011, 11:53 PM   #11
mfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlin08033 View Post
Just matter of time, 2000 pieces should not be that hard to get.
I hope so, but in talking with the boutiques, they won't tell me anything. They won't tell me where I'm at on the list, won't tell me if it is likely I will get one, etc. Basically, they told me (politely) to just wait as they can't tell me anything.

I suppose they have to take good care of their repeat customers first, but how do you ever become a repeat customer?

Oh well, I'll (try to) be patient and just hope. Might was well start planning my dream strap for it.
member#3242
Old 21 September 2011, 12:35 AM   #12
Fearsome Puppy
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Agree with OP. Thanks Anthony, I put my name down for the 390 after seeing your post and just touched base regarding the 366, my second chance after I declined one they reserved for me during the first run. If you're ever making a lunchtime run to the IFC boutique during weekdays let me know...
Old 23 September 2011, 06:06 PM   #13
leeye
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many......
Quote:
My pleasure and I should be able to pass on similar news on new releases in the future models as well.

Really glad that you guys are enjoying the watch so much. However, I am upset with the fact that I am still waiting for my one till now since I am located in China. I was told that Hong Kong has received the first shipment but no news on when China will be having the first batch as yet.

I really want one asap and it will be really sad if I cannot hold on to one. Life is difficult here as the mode adopted by dealers here are not as fair and as open as those overseas.

Anthony, you have to get used to the operating system in China. However all the PAM watches do go through HK as first stop and then some get redistributed to other boutiques in Macau, China etc.
Radiomir - PAM 410
leeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2011, 10:22 PM   #14
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:

Yes.. truly a big THANK YOU... well deserved!

Best,

Fred/NJ
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2011, 10:44 PM   #15
hennabav
Banned

Watch: --Rolex--
Thank you so much Anthony for your fast updated news!! Without you I would never have been able to obtain my 390!! THANK YOU!! Jon
hennabav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2011, 01:54 PM   #16
paneric
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you, Anthony for your first hand info about PAM 390. I hope that you will get one soon. I especially wish that you will let us know any new SE release of PAM because I may not be able to get 390.
paneric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2011, 03:31 PM   #17
hns_555
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & PP's
Thank you Anthony, i'll always waiting for your valuable information about Pam
hns_555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 12:12 AM   #18
rolexcd

Will definitely keep you guys posted with any news of the new models in the future!
Old 7 October 2011, 01:06 PM   #19
ancs88

Thank you! I was at the boutique at Plaza 66 Shanghai two days ago and was told they have sold a few pieces of 390.

Well, the waiting list has reached 82 while I was there.
ancs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 09:40 PM   #20
zeroshiki
"TRF" Member

definitely thanking Anthony(rolexcd) for the info!! totally prefer the 390 over the 372. when contemplating for 372, some factors made me undecided to get one(10k usd price, 100m depth rating, plexiglass, and not sure if i could pull a 47mm).

the 1st time i saw the 390 iphone photo Anthony posted, the watch totally sings to me. the only single thing that's a pity is they ditched the dug out dial(as pictured from the catalogue) for a painted dial design.

i am still on the waiting list from one of the shanghai boutique, placed my name via my friend, my friend got his 390 just recently, mine's estimated on november. fingers crossed to get one, it shall be my last panerai piece.. :D
zeroshiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 10:19 PM   #21
ancs88

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroshiki View Post
fingers crossed to get one, it shall be my last panerai piece.. :D
Are you sure that will be your last? Never be too sure!!!
ancs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2011, 10:46 PM   #22
Carlos98326194
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing YOU!
Good looking piece indeed
Is it readily available at HK ADs?
Old 8 October 2011, 02:26 AM   #23
zeroshiki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancs88 View Post
Are you sure that will be your last? Never be too sure!!!
Alan, last piece for this year for sure..
zeroshiki is offline   Reply With Quote