The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 October 2023, 04:21 AM   #1
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Where do PM Jumbos fall in the allocation list?

Is it possible to get a PM jumbo before getting a ST jumbo? I've seen ST jumbos come as early as third or fourth watch. How much harder is a PM jumbo vs a ST jumbo?
Old 21 October 2023, 04:27 AM   #2
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

I think actually easier them SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 05:38 AM   #3
NB614
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP / PP / Rolex
I believe precious metal jumbos have a lower production number than steel, but I’m not 100% sure. Perhaps my personal story can help gauge the situation.

I inquired this past summer about a rose gold jumbo as my 4th AP and my Nomad told me an allocation was possible end of 2024.

Later, I was asked if I would be interested in the steel version and I politely declined. I did change my mind and asked for the yellow gold jumbo if possible. I was told that the BA as a 4th watch will be extremely difficult (heavy emphasis on extremely in his voice message) but also that my Nomad is very very influential in the application processes and to not worry.

It seems to me that steel and rose gold jumbos were appropriate talk for a 4th watch but for a yellow gold I perhaps need to strengthen my profile? We shall see.

Hope that helps!
NB614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 06:19 AM   #4
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

The rose gold jumbo is sooooooooo good. Wish we could get that smoked grey dial in a Ti ROO.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 06:33 AM   #5
metzgergt1
"TRF" Member

Man, I wish a ST Jumbo was possible as a 4th AP. I was told flat out by my SA that it is not possible, and that there is a 2+ year approval process.

I don't know how much I believe that given the stories I've seen here, but every Boutique/House/AD is different.
metzgergt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 06:48 AM   #6
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
I think actually easier them SS.

Might be true in Singapore, but definitely not true in LA. I was told the exact opposite. Steel is possible after 3-4 pieces depending on which lines you have purchased and how much you spent etc, but I was told PM (especially yellow) is one of the hardest to get in general (maybe 15407 level)
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 09:29 AM   #7
jyaki
"TRF" Member

I just had this conversation with my SA. I was told that a precious metal jumbo would be impossible as my fifth AP. Although not limited, I guess their production numbers are significantly less than the stainless steel variant.
jyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 09:35 AM   #8
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB614 View Post
I believe precious metal jumbos have a lower production number than steel, but I’m not 100% sure. Perhaps my personal story can help gauge the situation.

I inquired this past summer about a rose gold jumbo as my 4th AP and my Nomad told me an allocation was possible end of 2024.

Later, I was asked if I would be interested in the steel version and I politely declined. I did change my mind and asked for the yellow gold jumbo if possible. I was told that the BA as a 4th watch will be extremely difficult (heavy emphasis on extremely in his voice message) but also that my Nomad is very very influential in the application processes and to not worry.

It seems to me that steel and rose gold jumbos were appropriate talk for a 4th watch but for a yellow gold I perhaps need to strengthen my profile? We shall see.

Hope that helps!
What or who is a “my nomad”
fsprow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 09:56 AM   #9
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post

I'm guessing AP lingo for internet salesman you use if you don't have an "AP house" or boutique near you.
Old 21 October 2023, 11:50 AM   #10
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post
Is it possible to get a PM jumbo before getting a ST jumbo? I've seen ST jumbos come as early as third or fourth watch. How much harder is a PM jumbo vs a ST jumbo?
Which one? RG Jumbo is probably easiest, but still a bit harder than 16202ST, 16202BA is harder than e.g. steel openworked (my experience). The (discontinued) Platinum or the new Ti/BMG are top-tier.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 12:01 PM   #11
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I'm guessing AP lingo for internet salesman you use if you don't have an "AP house" or boutique near you.
My understanding is that the nomads like to interact with their clients in person as well, so not just a person in a call center. Getting assigned to one also seems to require a bit more than living far from a boutique.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 12:38 PM   #12
NB614
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Basically what EEpro said. We often interact over the phone and pieces get delivered to my doorstep, but when the opportunity arises we will meet in person.

I use to be at a boutique but was fortune enough to leave those gloomy days behind for pastures new. The people on the Nomad team are amazing, and I personally love my Nomad. I can't begin to express how grateful I am to have been able to transfer from a boutique to the Nomad program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Which one? RG Jumbo is probably easiest, but still a bit harder than 16202ST, 16202BA is harder than e.g. steel openworked (my experience). The (discontinued) Platinum or the new Ti/BMG are top-tier.
+1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
My understanding is that the nomads like to interact with their clients in person as well, so not just a person in a call center. Getting assigned to one also seems to require a bit more than living far from a boutique.
To my knowledge, you need 2 people in the Nomad program to be able to vouch for you and then you must fit their client criteria. After that it's up to the top brass ladies at AP (GW and LB) to approve you (at least in North America).

Originally, I wasn't going to be able to transfer. I don't think I fit the Nomad client criteria, but my Nomad said he really enjoyed meeting me and some of the watchmakers I befriend at Clearwater really helped to vouch for me. So after about 6 months or so I got the call saying the books opened and a spot is available. Nothing but thankful to the great people at AP who helped me out.
Old 21 October 2023, 12:56 PM   #13
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
I just got my Nomad, they are assigned to famous and influential people so as a NORY (normal person) ME that is it was a relationship with one of their diamond tier sales team members that moved to a corporate level introduction then to a Nomad and not just any Nomad I’m fortunate to have a ‘Special Nomad”
Having a nomad is like cutting pulling up to the club and the valet guy knows your name parks your car up front then the manager comes out and walks you past 1000 people into the front door of the club to a VIP table and asks you what you want! And if he doesn’t have it offers you the next best thing!

No my commitment to the brand has been established with some amazing pieces before I got to this point including a 1 of 12 in the world Tuscany Dial QP

This is all relationships and having real knowledge of the brand and speaking the language. Oh yeah and having a very understanding bank account 😂
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 02:37 PM   #14
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
I just got my Nomad, they are assigned to famous and influential people so as a NORY (normal person) ME that is it was a relationship with one of their diamond tier sales team members that moved to a corporate level introduction then to a Nomad and not just any Nomad I’m fortunate to have a ‘Special Nomad”
Having a nomad is like cutting pulling up to the club and the valet guy knows your name parks your car up front then the manager comes out and walks you past 1000 people into the front door of the club to a VIP table and asks you what you want! And if he doesn’t have it offers you the next best thing!

No my commitment to the brand has been established with some amazing pieces before I got to this point including a 1 of 12 in the world Tuscany Dial QP

This is all relationships and having real knowledge of the brand and speaking the language. Oh yeah and having a very understanding bank account

Dope do post some pics - I saw your Tuscany QP in some other post real beauty

What did you get from your nomad that you could not get before ?

dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 04:24 PM   #15
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
Dope do post some pics - I saw your Tuscany QP in some other post real beauty

What did you get from your nomad that you could not get before ?

Just got this but had been offered the black ceramic for the wifey and a diver I turned both down I already got the wifey the 1/250 black ceramic 37mm music edition so she didn’t want another black ceramic

I have a wish list with him and it’s some hitters but I need a minute to recover lol I just picked up 3 more watches today (Not AP) but I got them cheap
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 339E9BE1-8E3B-43B5-863B-2191ED82BBFF.jpeg (156.5 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpeg AA0B4592-4E25-4876-9539-DB55836AE91F.jpeg (117.2 KB, 579 views)
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 05:00 PM   #16
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Where do PM Jumbos fall in the allocation list?

I hear similar STORIES straight from the SAs. Steel is the easiest as production are three times bigger from the entire 16202 line. Then RG next - easier but not easy, smaller production followed by WG. Finally you have the YG, the smallest production. During the 50th, I heard AP barely produced 75 but I could be wrong. To top, now the yellow gold production needs to be spread among other YG models within the 16202 line. So, the smoked dial YG is hard as heck to get and it is so beautiful!

I can’t imagine what it takes to get that red dial TI 16202.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 06:08 PM   #17
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Never heard of NOMAD until a few days ago on here and didn’t know what it meant until this thread.

I’ve just called and been told I’ve been allocated NOBODY
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 07:14 PM   #18
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Am pretty sure PM is harder to come by than steel. I was given an incoming 16202st hint by my SA, and had to lobby hard to get a RG instead.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 07:24 PM   #19
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
Never heard of NOMAD until a few days ago on here and didn’t know what it meant until this thread.

I’ve just called and been told I’ve been allocated NOBODY

Sign up for appt to buy a code Chrono. Mention when handing your Amex that you'd like to buy your wife or mother a watch etc. it's pay to play plus brand knowledge. They have plenty of customers so you have to like the whole brand and spend money on it. Not just RO. No different than Rolex just 2x-3x the prices.
Old 22 October 2023, 03:14 AM   #20
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Sign up for appt to buy a code Chrono. Mention when handing your Amex that you'd like to buy your wife or mother a watch etc. it's pay to play plus brand knowledge. They have plenty of customers so you have to like the whole brand and spend money on it. Not just RO. No different than Rolex just 2x-3x the prices.
I’ve an offshore so 1 chrono on a strap is enough for me and I’ve bought my wife an AP already - paid for both of them with my Amex too

Based on your post I’m 93% there already
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 10:45 AM   #21
Whichwwtch
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/RM
So now I'm confused on the NOMAD's. Do you have to live far or do you just have to be rich/famous?
Whichwwtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2023, 12:07 PM   #22
NB614
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichwwtch View Post
So now I'm confused on the NOMAD's. Do you have to live far or do you just have to be rich/famous?
There’s no clear selection criteria but I believe it comes down to knowing the right people (whether at AP or other nomad clients) and then obtaining the proper approval (as mentioned in my previous post).

I live 300 or so miles away from the nearest boutique in my state and so do the few others who use the same Nomad. I use to fly up once a month or more before moving into the Nomad program. I know people who travel/fly much further distances to boutiques/houses who were not able to transfer.

It’s not necessarily a matter of being far away or being rich/famous. I’m sure if you fall into either category it helps, but it ultimately falls back to their selection criteria and obtaining proper approval.
Old 23 October 2023, 12:38 AM   #23
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Last year, the yellow gold jumbo production was 75 pieces - I.e. 1 piece per Boutuque/ House.
Not sure about RG but it’s probably not a lot more.

AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2023, 03:43 AM   #24
Bartolo
"TRF" Member

I understand that the PM jumbo is rarer than the SS. My folks never tell me "no," but with respect to a gold jumbo they told me the (partial) purchase history of a gentleman who has been waiting for 2+ years already . . . and let's just say it's IMPRESSIVE. If he can't get one, I can't.
Bartolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2023, 07:34 AM   #25
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandor View Post
ST jumbo here in Dubai after 10 watches as I have been advised by the boutique ..
salnuaimi is online now   Reply With Quote