The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 November 2018, 03:48 AM   #1
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
LOST MY 15400ST Ruthenium!!!!!

I suffered a devastating loss on Monday while traveling. On Monday, November 19 between 12:20pm and 1pm, I lost my 15400ST. It happened at San Francisco Airport Terminal 2 (Alaska) at some point between arriving at the terminal curbside and walking to the TSA line. It was inside a soft Casio watch case (shaped like a new era baseball cap) inside of the knapsack I was wearing. As I got ready to go through security, I took my bag off and noticed the zipper was open and my watch was missing.

I never took the bag off and I don't have any recollection of unzipping my bag. I am certain I packed it and I know I should have secured it inside of an interior zipper pocket or at the bottom of my bag under some of my other items (I decided last minute to take it with me on my trip and placed it at the top of my bag.)

As soon as I realized it was missing, I quickly retraced my steps but to no avail. No one has returned it to the lost and found, I've filed a report with the police and am hoping that they'll be able to review the security camera footage and find the exact moment when I lost it and who may have picked it up and where they went - either getting into a car and tracking the license plate or tracking their movements in the airport. Given the current state of security at airports, I have to assume this is possible.

In either case, it's a devastating loss for me, especially considering that I was scammed on a Daytona on this forum just last month. I just got this watch 3 weeks ago and had only worn it 3 times. It still had some stickers on it. It's a K serial. It was not insured. I am sick to my stomach.

I'm asking if folks in this community could please keep an eye out for any 15400ST that pops up here or anywhere else in like-new condition without box and papers. It still has the sticker on the inside of the clasp. Please PM if you spot one that matches this description.

I would also welcome any additional suggestions or guidance on steps I can take - other forums I should check outside of this one, ebay, etc. The average Joe isn't likely to know what they found but with some quick research will realize it's value - I don't know if they'll keep it or try to sell it and if so, where they might turn. Unless they're WIS, they probably won't look to flip it on a site like this. If they are, they know better than to try. I've already set up alerts on eBay. Is there a way I can notify AP and have them keep a record of this in their system in the event the watch is brought in for service or a boutique for authentication? I've never been in this position before and have never lost a watch.

Thanks in advance for any help and please refrain from lecturing or admonishing me for being careless - this has been a very difficult couple of months for me.
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote