The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 March 2020, 04:11 AM   #1
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Hey,

Been looking at a Omega Speedmaster moon watch for some time now...

I'm ready to pull the trigger as I have found an AD who is willing to do it at £4000 (RRP is £4700)

Really, I budgeted £3800 as this is what they are going for on the used market - before I pull the trigger I just want to gain the forums consensus whether they feel it's a good price or if I could do better?

I'm reading that discounts vary from 10% - 25% however, whenever I've haggled I've gone in with 25% and I'll be honest... I've been laughed at by sales person - obviously, I'm looking for a great discount but I'm very new to omega as I've always had Rolex & Tudor...

Please let me know your thoughts

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2020, 11:47 AM   #2
PRabbit
"TRF" Member

Someone will correct me, I’m sure. But I was under the impression that pricing was for the 005 hesalite. Add another grand for the 006 sapphire.

Otherwise I think that’s a fair discount to get the AD purchase and everything that comes with that. Warranty, etc. My Omega AD offers me 20% and no more. Last two Omegas I bought were through grey market though as I was able to find them in the 30+% range and just take the gamble of not needing warranty work.

EDIT: actually now that I think of it, my AT was 35% off, but my 005 speedy was only 20% off new gray. So that sucked, but I didn’t have any AD nearby where I was living at that time.
PRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2020, 11:51 AM   #3
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRabbit View Post
Someone will correct me, I’m sure. But I was under the impression that pricing was for the 005 hesalite. Add another grand for the 006 sapphire.

Otherwise I think that’s a fair discount to get the AD purchase and everything that comes with that. Warranty, etc. My Omega AD offers me 20% and no more. Last two Omegas I bought were through grey market though as I was able to find them in the 30+% range and just take the gamble of not needing warranty work.
Thanks for the reply - yep in the UK the hesalite is £4000 and the sapphire is £700 more (£4700) but I'm getting it at 4k from an AD. I'm really struggling to find it any cheaper tbh... And I'm worried about going to a grey dealer for the sole purpose of warranty issues...

khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2020, 03:38 AM   #4
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Hey,

Been looking at a Omega Speedmaster moon watch for some time now...

I'm ready to pull the trigger as I have found an AD who is willing to do it at £4000 (RRP is £4700)

Really, I budgeted £3800 as this is what they are going for on the used market - before I pull the trigger I just want to gain the forums consensus whether they feel it's a good price or if I could do better?

I'm reading that discounts vary from 10% - 25% however, whenever I've haggled I've gone in with 25% and I'll be honest... I've been laughed at by sales person - obviously, I'm looking for a great discount but I'm very new to omega as I've always had Rolex & Tudor...

Please let me know your thoughts

Sounds like you have found the best bargain available in your market, and I think it's one that's fair to you and fair to the dealer.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2020, 04:10 AM   #5
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalifam View Post
Thanks for the reply - yep in the UK the hesalite is £4000 and the sapphire is £700 more (£4700) but I'm getting it at 4k from an AD. I'm really struggling to find it any cheaper tbh... And I'm worried about going to a grey dealer for the sole purpose of warranty issues...

£4k is not bad at all. Think 15% or so and you are in the rough ballpark.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 12:24 PM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Perhaps in the UK that's as good as will get in pricing for a new one. In the US you can probably get a better deal on a new one, but then VAT will hot you so probably not a good idea
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2020, 08:57 PM   #7
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
15% off at an AD for a brand new Speedy Sapphire is a good deal.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote