The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 April 2020, 02:03 AM   #61
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post

you did not get an extended maintenance package ? that's the problem with being fake rich like us :)
extended maintenance on my 2005 carrera gt? The tank/fuel pump issue was last year & I rarely drive it so maybe it had to do with not using it often enough
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 06:39 AM   #62
Murcielagoboy2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahain View Post
extended maintenance on my 2005 carrera gt? The tank/fuel pump issue was last year & I rarely drive it so maybe it had to do with not using it often enough
Tank/fuel pump?
I’ve heard about dampers leaking oil, rear wing struts failing, camshaft pitting, and coil packs giving up. Is this something new? I have “personal” reasons for asking about CGTs!
Murcielagoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 06:46 AM   #63
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspp View Post
Wow!!! That is quick!

Only a matter of time before dealers start paying near list (maybe 2-3% above) for nauts... if they buy them at all. Same happened with vintage Daytonas and the problem is dealers offer liquidity to the market so when you have little to no liquidity prices drop quickly. Just like the bond market

Dealers will go from being “buyers” to plain market makers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So true... you can see the signs of stress in the money market/Overnight repo rates... collapsed

Cash is king... by and large no one is making a market...
companies have been drawing down revolvers left and right ... they aint doing that for fun.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2020, 06:56 AM   #64
zahain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielagoboy2 View Post
Tank/fuel pump?
I’ve heard about dampers leaking oil, rear wing struts failing, camshaft pitting, and coil packs giving up. Is this something new? I have “personal” reasons for asking about CGTs!
Yes there are 2 fuel pumps which are attached to / inside of the fuel tank. When a fuel pump dies, you have to replace the whole fuel tank not just the pumps. My car sat for 1 year in pieces at the dealership since there was a global shortage as from what i was told, Porsche switched suppliers for the part and there were backorders needing to be filled. Whole engine had to be dropped out also as the fuel tank is right behind the seats. The two options were to send the fuel tank for repair or purchase a band new one. I went with the new as it was slightly more expensive and was around the same time in waiting also. Ive had no other issues other than 2 dead batteries in the past 15 years
zahain is offline   Reply With Quote