The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 July 2020, 09:18 AM   #1
Leo12321
"TRF" Member

SF Bay Area- new Batman or Pepsi

hello- I’ve been looking for a new Batman or Pepsi for some time
now. I understand it’s very hard to get your hands on due to demand. Does this particular time period increase the chance of getting one? Any AD to recommend?
Leo12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 09:21 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 09:23 AM   #3
WatchOut4It
"TRF" Member

I haven’t found a lot of love for the Bay Area ADs. They play the usual games and don’t seem open to working with folks that are new customers. Lots of nice people at Shreve and Torneau, but good luck getting a piece that’s in high demand without some other spend. If you’re in SF, visit Shreve and see if you can strike up a relationship with the rep — I think that’s likely your best bet. Good luck!
WatchOut4It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Recondope
"TRF" Member

I second Shreve and Co., particularly the one in Palo Alto. I have a buddy that had zero purchase history with them and scored a BLNR from them. He initially expressed interest early last summer and got the call to come pick it up a week before Christmas. Granted his story isn't the norm but you never know until you try...good luck.
Recondope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 10:26 AM   #5
m3tek44
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: this
Welcome to the forum. It's going to be rough road head if you are going trying to score any SS including Batman or Pepsi. There are too many wealthy people in Bay Area that has establish relationship. Wish you best of luck!
m3tek44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 10:27 AM   #6
kdphan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Fitbit
No luck here in the Bay Area
Not even a CHNR
kdphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 12:33 PM   #7
Rado63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116334
You are better off looking on the secondary market. You can visit all bay area AD's and try to get on the list. The time period due to this pandemic doesn't seem to have made things different in terms of availabliity. Good luck.
Old 11 July 2020, 01:15 PM   #8
cyh3
"TRF" Member

I'm going to have to go against the grain on Shreve in Palo Alto. Two years ago, I got the call for the Hulk (with prior purchase history) and I happened to be in a meeting. I returned the call no more than half an hour later and was told in an extremely condescending manner that "if I were a serious buyer I would've returned the call immediately" and that "it has since been offered to another client."

Given the demand, I didn't expect it to last long. That being said, the time frame within which it was offered to me and then another buyer was a complete turn off. It's almost as if they don't realize that people who are in the market for these watches generally have jobs and that often times, they're just not able to reply immediately.

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure how long they should have waited. But I would've expected at least an hour or two. Or to say within the voicemail that they're willing to hold it for me until "x" time after which if they don't hear from me they will offer it to another buyer.

I've since established a purchase history with Davidson & Licht (Valley Fair) and I've had much better experiences there. Given that you've no history yet, I'd recommend visiting all the ADs in the area and picking the one that you connected with the most if establishing a relationship is something you're looking to do. Everyone has different experiences and there are negative experiences to be found with every AD. Good luck!
cyh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 01:19 PM   #9
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyh3 View Post
I'm going to have to go against the grain on Shreve in Palo Alto. Two years ago, I got the call for the Hulk (with prior purchase history) and I happened to be in a meeting. I returned the call no more than half an hour later and was told in an extremely condescending manner that "if I were a serious buyer I would've returned the call immediately" and that "it has since been offered to another client."

Given the demand, I didn't expect it to last long. That being said, the time frame within which it was offered to me and then another buyer was a complete turn off. It's almost as if they don't realize that people who are in the market for these watches generally have jobs and that often times, they're just not able to reply immediately.

To be fair, I'm not entirely sure how long they should have waited. But I would've expected at least an hour or two. Or to say within the voicemail that they're willing to hold it for me until "x" time after which if they don't hear from me they will offer it to another buyer.

I've since established a purchase history with Davidson & Licht (Valley Fair) and I've had much better experiences there. Given that you've no history yet, I'd recommend visiting all the ADs in the area and picking the one that you connected with the most if establishing a relationship is something you're looking to do. Everyone has different experiences and there are negative experiences to be found with every AD. Good luck!
woah that is harsh. i feel like 24hrs is an appropriate wait time.
if you can't hold on to something for 24hrs you aren't doing business right

have you tried Kern's in Burlingame ? trying to make them my go-to but I haven't actually bought anything yet lol
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 01:31 PM   #10
woof
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS daytona, Hulk,
It would take a lot of luck to get BLNR or the BLRO. I had good luck at Davidson & Litch in Walnut Creek and Heller in San Ramon. Both AD's are very nice. Keep in mind no AD would sell you high demand models until they know you and have a purchase history. Its reality at moment. Good Luck!
MoonPhase, Rootbeer
Batman, Sub, Blk GMT, Pepsi,YG Daytona, TTSD, Batgirl, 5167/1A, Speedy, P01, OP, Kermit
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 04:59 PM   #11
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo12321 View Post
hello- I’ve been looking for a new Batman or Pepsi for some time
now. I understand it’s very hard to get your hands on due to demand. Does this particular time period increase the chance of getting one? Any AD to recommend?
Do you have purchase history? If not you will likely have to become a decent customer before being considered for a steel GMT. The BLNR will be tough but the Pepsi much much tougher.

I’d go and visit some local ADs and see what they suggest for you to be considered for one
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 05:35 PM   #12
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Nope just as hard as ever obtain
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 02:34 AM   #13
bswizzle2552
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 BB58 16203
I’m wishing you luck my friend
bswizzle2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 01:25 PM   #14
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Agree with most of the comments above. SF Bay Area is tough for sports models. There are a lot of people with a lot of disposable income who buy jewelry and watches. I've talked to pretty much all of the ADs in the 100+ mile radius and all of them have clients who spend big money ($100k to $1M+), so you would have to spend time building relationship.

But not impossible though. One of my colleagues recently bought CHNR from Shreve SF. So start the conversation, stop by, talk to them, a build relationship which will get you something nice. But yeah, not easy for sure.
pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 04:59 PM   #15
Ihatecheese
Banned

PA would be hard for these SS watches. Every grad developer will b earning £ to buy one a month, extra hype adds to the competition. Will find more luck I'd think in the styles more popular and expensive for the older guys like TT or gold.
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2020, 04:02 AM   #16
Brady2117
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy Submariner
I called Sherve about 6 months ago looking for SS Sub with date, they called me last week to pick but I had just picked my SS Sub w/ date at Rolex SF. Right now ppl who left deposits or on waiting list have passed because of Covid19 loss of job or income so I'd say go there and introduce yourself and maybe they might have something there for you
Brady2117 is offline   Reply With Quote