The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10 October 2019, 09:03 AM   #1
sulttaani
"TRF" Member

Value retention and scarcity are the most important things on a watch purchase..

The subject definitely needs a sticky and a dedicated section on this forum, what if I miss the daily market price of BLRO by a second because I did not spot the correct thread that mentioned it, it happened once and I’d be devastated were it to happen again.
Old 10 October 2019, 09:15 AM   #2
Brew
"TRF" Member

deleted
Old 10 October 2019, 09:16 AM   #3
blufinz52
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116400GV 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
deleted
Old 10 October 2019, 09:18 AM   #4
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
I hope this is sarcastic, but you never know with how posts are going these days.
Old 10 October 2019, 09:22 AM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulttaani View Post
The subject definitely needs a sticky and a dedicated section on this forum....
Been asked many times. Wonder if mods will ever listen... or just close this thread due to the sensitive subject matter.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
Old 10 October 2019, 09:23 AM   #6
garbanzo
"TRF" Member

From Rantasalmi; right ?
Old 10 October 2019, 09:23 AM   #7
Onikage
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710, 16628
Best of luck with it OP.
ROLEXFANBOY P-Club Member #4
Old 10 October 2019, 09:27 AM   #8
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
And I want to sit like Charlie Sheen in Wall Street and watch the ticker of watch prices go by me on the wall, as I ponder who Blue Horseshoe loves today.
Old 10 October 2019, 10:45 AM   #9
watchmework
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO, 116600
Hahaha. Ha. Ha.
Old 10 October 2019, 10:54 AM   #10
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Must be sarcasm, right?
Old 10 October 2019, 11:24 AM   #11
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I am working with a software developer to create a program to track the prices of hot Rolex and Patek watches on an hourly basis, both bid and ask. Our target customers will be both novice investors getting into the watch game as well as seasoned flippers. OP: I will contact you upon our completion date which is TBD.
Old 10 October 2019, 01:51 PM   #12
Soultime
"TRF" Member

I think we can go one step further than a simple "spot price' tracker and develop a derivatives market for Rolex watches.

It could be a synthetic multi currency adjusted ETF traded by the second in real time with the ability for futures price point options for each model.

Thinking of calling it 'Current Rolex Assumed Pricing' or CR** for short.

If I don't do that, I might just buy a watch and wear it.
Old 10 October 2019, 03:19 PM   #13
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Unless you have access to abundant number of highly sought after watches at msrp, you won’t make a fortune from watch trading.

With the manufacturing capacity of Rolex today, supplies won’t be as scarce as that in 60-80s.

Better to invest you funds elsewhere!
Old 10 October 2019, 04:43 PM   #14
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
Unless you have access to abundant number of highly sought after watches at msrp, you won’t make a fortune from watch trading.

With the manufacturing capacity of Rolex today, supplies won’t be as scarce as that in 60-80s.

Better to invest you funds elsewhere!
Somewhat true...but populations levels are growing. Add another quarter population in 20 years and it may be relative. Rolex makes watches for todays demand on earth.
The only difference is that unlike the first generation vintage watches which were actually used and not necessarily well maintained which made good condition examples rare, today every joe blow is stashing away his watch and even afraid to get it wet or use it while doing something incredibly risky and extremely dangerous like riding a bike, and at the far far right, many are going nuts as to how it scratches from being on a laptop computer with your Rolex. So there will be plenty of LNIB/NOS, and mint condition watches available in the future.

This thread proves that Rolex is mostly man jewelry, and a trade commodity. 100% opposite the reason I love mechanical watches.
Old 10 October 2019, 04:57 PM   #15
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Don’t feed them.

Old 10 October 2019, 05:01 PM   #16
ganagati
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
I am working with a software developer to create a program to track the prices of hot Rolex and Patek watches on an hourly basis, both bid and ask. Our target customers will be both novice investors getting into the watch game as well as seasoned flippers. OP: I will contact you upon our completion date which is TBD.
I’d like to help if possible. The sooner we can get this complete, the better for us all. Also, if I can get in pre-IPO, this would be a gold mine, which is what I would expect the software to indicate would be required to purchase said BLRO.
Old 10 October 2019, 05:02 PM   #17
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Somewhat true...but populations levels are growing. Add another quarter population in 20 years and it may be relative. Rolex makes watches for todays demand on earth.
The only difference is that unlike the first generation vintage watches which were actually used and not necessarily well maintained which made good condition examples rare, today every joe blow is stashing away his watch and even afraid to get it wet or use it while doing something incredibly risky and extremely dangerous like riding a bike, and at the far far right, many are going nuts as to how it scratches from being on a laptop computer with your Rolex. So there will be plenty of LNIB/NOS, and mint condition watches available in the future.

This thread proves that Rolex is mostly man jewelry, and a trade commodity. 100% opposite the reason I love mechanical watches.

I won't be surprised if Rolex slowly increases its manufacturing capacity if they see a steady increase in demand (grow proportionately with population?!?). Since people know Rolex watches maintain better resell value/can be sold at a profit, many of them will keep their watch in mint/pristine condition. I think in the future the supply of "vintage" Rolex will not be as scarce as that in decades ago. I don't expect people will make a fortune out of it.
Old 10 October 2019, 05:07 PM   #18
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarties View Post
I won't be surprised if Rolex slowly increases its manufacturing capacity if they see a steady increase in demand (grow proportionately with population?!?). Since people know Rolex watches maintain better resell value/can be sold at a profit, many of them will keep their watch in mint/pristine condition. I think in the future the supply of "vintage" Rolex will not be as scarce as that in decades ago. I don't expect people will make a fortune out of it.
I feel as you and want to believe that, but then I see a Submariner 16610LV sell for over $20k or a 3186 GMT Master ll sell over $15Ks all day and it's confusing to my rational processes.
Closed Thread