The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2024, 03:00 AM   #61
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebudoy View Post
Again, apologies for jumping the gun. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures of the old watch. TRF requires a number of minimum posts to post pictures.

Just 5 more posts to go.

We’d love to see the pic, so keep posting!

Thanks for coming back and following up with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:03 AM   #62
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
On the contrary, a more conspiratorial mind may think this is Amazon propaganda to sell more UV lights.

Dude so funny

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:03 AM   #63
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCorsa View Post
Uv lights are under $10 and they probably make about 10c. If you knew Amazons real revenue stream you would know they could care less about the small number of TRF members with BLROs.

The issue with the UV light is how Rolex makes the ceramic bicolor for the BLRO so any post ceramic should glow this way and the post stating some newer clones is also true. I’d stay far away from this dealer…

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:10 AM   #64
RCorsa
"TRF" Member

Not really serious. But living in Amazon land (pnw) the number of Amazon conspiracy theories is silly. Regardless dude from
Manila clearly got scammed. Bummer

RCorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:28 AM   #65
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not really serious. But living in Amazon land (pnw) the number of Amazon conspiracy theories is silly. Regardless dude from
Manila clearly got scammed. Bummer

That’s why this is probably a blessing in disguise since this tipped him off that it’s a fake. If the seller had given him one of the new fake ones with the bezel that changes to all red under UV light he wouldn’t even have known.

Just ask for a full refund and buy from someone else.
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:28 AM   #66
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Again, apologies for jumping the gun. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures of the old watch. TRF requires a number of minimum posts to post pictures.
It should only be if you quote or post links. If you reply and use advanced it should work.
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 07:33 AM   #67
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Here’s my 2023 Pepsi next to a 2023 sprite and 2023 sub LV (Mk2) and several other Rolex and other stuff I have in my collection.

If your bezel doesn’t do this it’s not real…..

Amazing collection
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 07:41 AM   #68
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofur View Post
I would just ask for your money back and buy somewhere else… they should all turn red under UV. Some of the newer fakes can do the same thing and if you get one swapped that does turn red under UV it may actually be one of the newer fakes if you get it from the same dealer.

That's exactly my thoughts. I already scheduled an appointment with the local RSC to have the new one (turning red bezel) serviced to see if it’s authentic. Hopefully, it’ll turn out okay. I will keep you guys updated.

It’s pretty frustrating because the dealer is well-known here in the Philippines with hundreds of good refs and even has a big physical store inside the mall. That’s why I was confident when I got the unit.

bumblebudoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 11:01 AM   #69
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s why this is probably a blessing in disguise since this tipped him off that it’s a fake. If the seller had given him one of the new fake ones with the bezel that changes to all red under UV light he wouldn’t even have known.

Just ask for a full refund and buy from someone else.

Now that you mentioned this, I’m more worried about the new watch he gave me.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:04 AM   #70
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Here are the few pics of the old watch that I have. Should I now post pics of the new watch as well?

Old 31 March 2024, 11:05 AM   #71
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:

As long as you bring it to RSC then they should be able to authenticate it for you. I’ll be honest in saying that I would be really surprised if it comes back clean given the bezel.

EDIT: I just realized that that was an unintentional pun given that the newest and best fakes come from “Clean Factory”
Old 31 March 2024, 11:08 AM   #72
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As long as you bring it to RSC then they should be able to authenticate it for you. I’ll be honest in saying that I would be really surprised if it comes back clean given the bezel.

No, I’ll be bringing the new one to RSC. He agreed to exchange the non-red unit with a brand new one that’s turning red. Both dated December 2023, just a few days apart. Hopefully the new one will be okay.

By the way, he also mentioned that he talked to RSC technician here. According to him, the technician said that there are units in 2023 that don’t turn red.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:15 AM   #73
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here are the few pics of the old watch that I have. Should I now post pics of the new watch as well?

Renault is slightly off on that as well. I'll be honest OP, I'd be taking the new one back for a refund and walk away from this dealer altogether. I suspect that first watch was fake in more than just the bezel.

This is what they do for a living, and the values are not insignificant. There is absolutely no excuse for that first watch you received, and absolutely no way I believe that they weren't aware.

If they received that as a trade-in, it means they didn't even do the bare minimum due diligence of opening the back and verifying that everything looked good.

I might be wrong, but if I was even selling a Pepsi privately that came back as fake and I was genuinely unaware, I would go so far and above to ensure the buyer knew the next one was legit.

I would strongly encourage saving yourself money you should have to spend for a service, and refund that second watch.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
dg8dg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 11:15 AM   #74
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Rolex Pepsi UV Light

Quote:

I dunno, I feel like your UV pic has too much non-UV light and that’s why the bottom half isn’t turning red.

The writing on the dial seems sloppier than usual though.

Yikes, I’d just walk away from this deal all together. Not worth it.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:17 AM   #75
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
I dunno, I feel like your UV pic has too much non-UV light and that’s why the bottom half isn’t turning red.

The new one turns red using the same UV light though.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:19 AM   #76
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The new one turns red using the same UV light though.

Yeah, walk away. I just feel your UV pic has way more standard light than any other photo I have seen trying to capture the all red bezel under UV lightning.

Where there is smoke…..

Old 31 March 2024, 11:19 AM   #77
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8dg7 View Post
Renault is slightly off on that as well. I'll be honest OP, I'd be taking the new one back for a refund and walk away from this dealer altogether. I suspect that first watch was fake in more than just the bezel.

This is what they do for a living, and the values are not insignificant. There is absolutely no excuse for that first watch you received, and absolutely no way I believe that they weren't aware.

If they received that as a trade-in, it means they didn't even do the bare minimum due diligence of opening the back and verifying that everything looked good.

I might be wrong, but if I was even selling a Pepsi privately that came back as fake and I was genuinely unaware, I would go so far and above to ensure the buyer knew the next one was legit.

I would strongly encourage saving yourself money you should have to spend for a service, and refund that second watch.

Thanks for this. I’ll have the new one serviced by RSC and if any part turns to be not authentic, I’ll definitely just ask for a redund.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:20 AM   #78
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah, walk away. I just feel your UV pic has way more standard light than any other photo I have seen trying to capture the all red bezel under UV lightning.

Where there is smoke…..

Thanks. I’m using the same UV light on the new watch and it turns red.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:21 AM   #79
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for this. I’ll have the new one serviced by RSC and if any part turns to be not authentic, I’ll definitely just ask for a redund.

Keep us posted, and hope all goes well! Sorry, I know I'm being overly cautious and don't want to add any stress. Just frustrates me to see people enthusiastic about a great watch run the risk of getting taken advantage of!

I got my Batman at an AD, and it's such a fantastic watch, so look forward to you coming out the other side and getting to enjoy the GMT for the great watch it is!

dg8dg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 11:23 AM   #80
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8dg7 View Post
Keep us posted, and hope all goes well! Sorry, I know I'm being overly cautious and don't want to add any stress. Just frustrates me to see people enthusiastic about a great watch run the risk of getting taken advantage of!

I got my Batman at an AD, and it's such a fantastic watch, so look forward to you coming out the other side and getting to enjoy the GMT for the great watch it is!

Thank you. It’s really getting frustrating to be honest, spending $21k on this watch and it turns like this. Hopefully the RSC will take it in. I’m worried they might ask a lot of questions since it’s practically new and I’m having it serviced.

Old 31 March 2024, 11:35 AM   #81
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:

The writing on the dial seems sloppier than usual though.

Yikes, I’d just walk away from this deal all together. Not worth it.

I’m not an expert and others can chime in but that text on the dial is very sloppy. You can tell in the “G” in GMT and basically all the text in the bottom half of the dial. The "S" in "Master" is also wrong.

Stay away from this seller and just use that money towards buying it from another source. Why waste the money on a service that you don't need, it's not like it's cheap.

The fact that the seller says that he has so many of these watches with bezels like these tell me that they have a sourcing problem. Stay away!
Old 31 March 2024, 12:16 PM   #82
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I’m not an expert and others can chime in but that text on the dial is very sloppy. You can tell in the “G” in GMT and basically all the text in the bottom half of the dial. The "S" in "Master" is also wrong.

Stay away from this seller and just use that money towards buying it from another source. Why waste the money on a service that you don't need, it's not like it's cheap.

The fact that the seller says that he has so many of these watches with bezels like these tell me that they have a sourcing problem. Stay away!

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely ask for a refund if the new one (turning red) turns out to be fake. It’s really frustrating.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the new one. I used the same UV light.

Old 31 March 2024, 12:18 PM   #83
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely ask for a refund if the new one (turning red) turns out to be fake. It’s really frustrating.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the new one. I used the same UV light.

You can tell that the text on this is much different than the one before.
Old 31 March 2024, 12:25 PM   #84
Time Bandit
"TRF" Member

Maybe it’s just the image quality but I’m feeling uneasy about this second one too. Aspects that make me nervous are the lack of finishing in the bezel grooves, thickness, date magnification. I’m not saying it’s fake but i would send that back if it’s even an option and buy from a trusted dealer.
Time Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 05:51 AM   #85
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
How'd this turn out for you?
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 10:29 AM   #86
AlabamaLawyer1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
EDIT:

I own a 2021 BLRO and have done the UV light test on it and the bezel absolutely turns completely red. Not saying the watch is fake but the bezel certainly isn't genuine. As others have stated, you need to contact this "trusted seller," and ask give what gives.

Just realized you got a second watch from apparently the same dealer. Honestly, this second one looks off in a lot of ways to my eyes as well. Hope this turns out well for you!

Best of luck,

DM
Old 3 April 2024, 11:32 AM   #87
RCorsa
"TRF" Member

Yeah wearing my Pepsi currently and seeing that first watch the dial just did not look right. Hard to explain but the numbers looked odd to me. I agree I would totally bail from this reseller....
RCorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 10:49 AM   #88
MattGMT
"TRF" Member

It seems everyone is trying to be kind here, but most of us see what is going on.
This dealer is selling super clones... the newest one still isn't finished to Rolex standards, it still looks off, just better than the first one, but still off. ALSO -- this dealer sold you the last one that is clearly a fake.
So, here's my question. why not return it get your $21k back and buy from a trusted seller. I know you may say you think this place is a trusted seller, but they have sold you a fake watch and then told you a story about an RSC employee saying bezels can be two different ways, that also wouldn't be true. They are playing you, man, and I think in your heart you know it and maybe you just don't want it to be true. -- Many of us here would hate to see you spend real money on a fake, I wish you the best on the whole situation.
MattGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 11:29 AM   #89
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGMT View Post
It seems everyone is trying to be kind here, but most of us see what is going on.
This dealer is selling super clones... the newest one still isn't finished to Rolex standards, it still looks off, just better than the first one, but still off. ALSO -- this dealer sold you the last one that is clearly a fake.
So, here's my question. why not return it get your $21k back and buy from a trusted seller. I know you may say you think this place is a trusted seller, but they have sold you a fake watch and then told you a story about an RSC employee saying bezels can be two different ways, that also wouldn't be true. They are playing you, man, and I think in your heart you know it and maybe you just don't want it to be true. -- Many of us here would hate to see you spend real money on a fake, I wish you the best on the whole situation.
Agreed. That’s why I said the fact that he got such a bad fake the first time around was a blessing in disguise.
Old 4 April 2024, 11:30 AM   #90
anorphirith
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126713GRNR
-On circle number 1, you see "orange peel" in the triangle, that's when paint is applied poorly and it appears as orange peel. Genuine rolex uses PVD and the paint is smooth.
-On circle number 2, you see the bezel not aligning properly with the glass
the numerals on the bezel are also slightly too small.

Either way, after you get your money back, you should post of name of the dealer you got it from so no one else on this forum buys from them.
IMG_2946-2.jpg
anorphirith is offline   Reply With Quote