The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 February 2020, 11:22 PM   #31
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Wanderer View Post
Hi everyone,

First of all, and since this is my first post on this forum, I would like to thank TRF for offering a place where everyone can speak freely about this topic. I have been following the thread since page 4 and cannot stress my sympathy enough to the victims of Chris Essery/HH.

I feel like everything on this character has pretty much already been said and so won't dwell repeating what others have expressed better than I could.

However, I would like to suggest an idea and see if it can gather some traction since more than 352,000 views (and counting) have already been made on these 51 pages alone: can a trusted member of this community help raise a fundraiser online to try to financially support the victims of this scam as it is very unlikely that they will see any money coming back from Mr Essery himself?

The key here would be trust in both the person raising the fundraiser and the persons susceptible to receive the money back to ensure that the right amount goes back to the right people.

What do you people think of this idea? I know that some might think that the money lost by the victims should be considered disposable income due to the nature of the transaction (buying a Rolex). However, I do not believe that this should be considered to be the case as some people might save for years before they can even think of buying this kind of watches.

I myself would participate to this fundraising if assurance can be given that the money would go to the victims, and seeing how this community is having each other's back, hopefully it wouldn't take long before a nice sum can be gathered to help the victims of this scam.

Thank you for your time.

Ocean Wanderer
While I applaud your idea TRF is not the proper platform from which to launch this. We are not a fund raising site. Maybe Facebook or Instagram?
Best of luck if you do decide to take this on.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED

Tags
357q00k9 , chris , daytona , essery , fake rolex , fraud , horology house , horologyhouse@gmail.com , perth , scam , scammer