The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 14 June 2022, 03:16 AM   #1
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Icon20 Question about Seamaster 210.90.42.20.01.001

Hello
I found my interest in Omega Seamaster No Time To Die 210.90.42.20.01.001. I very like the bracelet ( even though I’m not a big bracelet fun ) and a vintage look. Do anyone have experience with this watch? Is this watch a limited edition? Can I still buy it? Is this watch available in ADs or boutique only? I never see one in any ADs, so is this watch hard to get? I know I put a lot of questions but if someone will answer all of them I will be very appreciated. If you have any photos you can upload them as well.
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 03:21 AM   #2
the_drunk_dial
"TRF" Member

It’s not “limited” but but I never cared for that term because everything thats made is kind of limited if you think about it. I highly doubt Omega will make it forever, but I don’t see it being discontinued for a couple years at least.

I just picked one up from my AD. They were hard to get during the movie hype, but they’re pretty easy to find now.

There’s a lot of discussions out there about the titanium bracelet. I went with the Nato.

Overall, I like it. Not a Bond fan at all, but I thought it was a unique stand-alone Seamaster, and I really like that its titanium.

One thing I’ve noticed when looking at it closer is the very slight colors the hands put out, most likely due to the manufacturing process of grinding the titanium. I think it looks cool.

Definitely light weight, which is what I was going for since all the other watches in my collection are quite hefty.

I really think it would be better with a hesalite crystal since its domed, and would have fit in more with the vintage look. The helium escape is a bit much, but it obviously wasn’t a deal breaker.
the_drunk_dial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 03:30 AM   #3
the_drunk_dial
"TRF" Member

Also, the Omega nato straps are a big problem — they are ridiculously overpriced, but they’re really, really good. It definitely ruined cheap nato straps for me. Other than the quality of materials, the difference is the free-floating keeper, and the longer strap on the 12 o’clock really makes a difference for me.
the_drunk_dial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2022, 08:59 PM   #4
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_drunk_dial View Post
It’s not “limited” but but I never cared for that term because everything thats made is kind of limited if you think about it. I highly doubt Omega will make it forever, but I don’t see it being discontinued for a couple years at least.

I just picked one up from my AD. They were hard to get during the movie hype, but they’re pretty easy to find now.

There’s a lot of discussions out there about the titanium bracelet. I went with the Nato.

Overall, I like it. Not a Bond fan at all, but I thought it was a unique stand-alone Seamaster, and I really like that its titanium.

One thing I’ve noticed when looking at it closer is the very slight colors the hands put out, most likely due to the manufacturing process of grinding the titanium. I think it looks cool.

Definitely light weight, which is what I was going for since all the other watches in my collection are quite hefty.

I really think it would be better with a hesalite crystal since its domed, and would have fit in more with the vintage look. The helium escape is a bit much, but it obviously wasn’t a deal breaker.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Can you upload some photos?
Old 18 June 2022, 03:04 AM   #5
Jprieur
"TRF" Member

Not limited edition, but Omega said they will produce and sell up until the next bond movie release (when the new bond watch comes out).

My local boutique always has one or two in stock, but ADs are hit or miss for the most part, but they can def order for you. As of today, both NATO and Mesh are in stock on the Omega website for ordering.

I was really interested in this ref until I finally saw it in person and tried it on. I didn't really like the feel of the mesh bracelet; but it is a striking piece and I like the patina elements, etc. I ended up passing. I just found it to be a bit overpriced and I really think Omega should have just included the NATO and Springbar tool with the MESH ref. given its price. I also think it should be grade 5 titanium vs grade 2.

I will say, for anyone looking for the vintage look and feel, its a home run aesthetically. I really like how they ditched the typical wood case for the waxed canvas roll bag.
Jprieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 03:26 AM   #6
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Both variants are in stock at Omega -- this seems to change daily so quantities must be limited. Some AD's still have them and in the pre-owned market prices seem to be holding. I have owned both versions. I didn't like the rigidity of the mesh bracelet and tried the Nato. It was the first, and last, Nato that I will own. I eventually ordered an OEM Omega leather strap and Titanium deployant clasp and ended up wearing it that way. I really like the vintage aged brown against the matte titanium of this piece. It's unique, but way over-priced IMO -- nearly twice the SS version.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 08:02 AM   #7
Blueskyflying
"TRF" Member

I just picked one up on mesh this week, absolutely love it.

Availability is good at the moment and will probably be fair up until a new Bond film arrives as Jprieur mentioned. I doubt the next one will be a 2.0 of of the NTTD, returning to a closer adaptation from a regular 300M or PO. Probably leading to some FOMO for those that have been on the fence or speculating as that time gets closer.
Blueskyflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2022, 05:05 PM   #8
Michael1968
Banned

Thank you