The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 6 May 2009, 05:28 AM   #151
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN8 View Post
Panerai have nices watches (I ownded a 111 for while) but, IMO, they're not a long-term daily wearer. They're just too big.

It's nice to have one in a collection of watches but there are so many other watches that, IMO, are more suitable for daily wear.
Since I got rid of the tiny watches,I have been wearing a PAM every day !!! A 36-40mm watch now looks completely lost on the wrist.

TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2009, 05:45 AM   #152
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN8 View Post
Panerai have nices watches (I ownded a 111 for while) but, IMO, they're not a long-term daily wearer. They're just too big.

It's nice to have one in a collection of watches but there are so many other watches that, IMO, are more suitable for daily wear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trurolexer View Post
Jus a matter of taste, Bro.
I agree TR...can't tell you how many times I've read about people thinking the DS is not suitable for daily wear...yet mine has been just that since day one of ownership w/ 100% no complaints. I don't think a watch size should be instant grounds for disqualification on the 'Daily Wearer' front.

I have tried numerous 'smaller' watches (40mm and less) and didn't thinking they were any more comfortable than some of the larger examples in my collection. As you point out, it's just a matter of taste. Personally, I feel naked if my watch is so small & light that I can't even feel it on my wrist.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2009, 10:19 AM   #153
Nica64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Since I got rid of the tiny watches,I have been wearing a PAM every day !!! A 36-40mm watch now looks completely lost on the wrist.

X2, I can't wear any of my "small" watches anymore, all 40mm look too small on my wrist

I don't really know what the problem is?

Oh! I got it..... Panerai is the problem
Old 6 May 2009, 03:56 PM   #154
GBJIV
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=VazLube;1149946]Maybe 2000 is for K and 2000 (?) is for L so in theory they can release 4000+ pieces?

I think you are right on that VazLube!... Thanks...
Old 7 May 2009, 01:31 AM   #155
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
I agree TR...can't tell you how many times I've read about people thinking the DS is not suitable for daily wear...yet mine has been just that since day one of ownership w/ 100% no complaints. I don't think a watch size should be instant grounds for disqualification on the 'Daily Wearer' front.

I have tried numerous 'smaller' watches (40mm and less) and didn't thinking they were any more comfortable than some of the larger examples in my collection. As you point out, it's just a matter of taste. Personally, I feel naked if my watch is so small & light that I can't even feel it on my wrist.
I think DS, DD II & YM II is the future Rolex.
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2009, 04:33 AM   #156
VazLube

Then in year 2025 the 60mm will be norm! The 341 Egiziano is so forward thinking!!!
VazLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2009, 06:58 AM   #157
146edward
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
I'm the other way round. I bought my first panerai 2 years ago. At first I thought this is as good as it gets. I already had the next three panerai's planned in my mind. Then I went snowboarding in switzerland. Watch shops were everywhere and you couldn't help but be drawn to the rolex displays. Just beautiful. these things were like jewels just calling to you. When I got home I couldn't get them out of my head. I started looking into rolex a bit more. In house movements, a great history, honorable and very very charitable. I was sold.

My money went into a sea dweller, I'm not looking back. I still love my pannie, but my horizons are well and truly widened.
146edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2009, 05:04 AM   #158
Trurolexer
Banned

Watch: 5513MaxiI+PreComex
Quote:
Originally Posted by VazLube View Post
Then in year 2025 the 60mm will be norm! The 341 Egiziano is so forward thinking!!!
Who know?
Trurolexer is offline   Reply With Quote