The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 10 February 2022, 12:43 PM   #1
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek/Rolex/GS
HELP: SBGH009 vs SLGA007

So…… I missed the opportunity to get the SLGA007 (lake suwa) when it was released. I love the dial/shade of blue and the series 9 case proportions but didn’t love the hand, although I’m not sure that would have been a deal breaker had I been able to get one.
That led me to check out the SBGH273 which I actually tried on in person. I’m just not a fan of the 62GS case, and the I didn’t like the dial nearly as much in person as I did in pics.

I own the snowflake and have loved it since day 1. I wear it almost daily for the last year.
I have wanted to add a high beat movement with the blue dial preferably in another series 9 case or a 44GS (would be my second choice as I prefer the proportions of the series 9).

I now have the Chance to get the new limited SBGH009 …… I haven’t been able to see it in person but have gotten pics and a video of it. I keep hearing that pics don’t do it Justice …. The Zaratsu polishing/finishing is next level and that the new high beat movement is something special. I’ve also read about the new corrosion resistant steel and that it may actually be even more scratch resistant.

I know this piece is limited to 550 pieces World wide, but GS keeps pumping out pieces so I’m unsure of value retention.
while I would prefer to own a high beat movement, I’m not sure that I wouldn’t take a SLGA007 if offered to me instead……

I’m curious what others think who have seen either/both watches in person. I have a feeling that if I take the 009, I will actually really like it ….. but I’m a bit on edge committing to a GS at nearly twice the price of SBGH273 or the SBGH295, which, despite the 62Gs case, I think I would like a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bruinmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2022, 01:17 PM   #2
Tachycardia
"TRF" Member

Are you referring to slgh009 (the new limited 550 piece) or sbgh009?

Sbgh009 is a Taiwan limited from many years ago I think.
Tachycardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2022, 01:02 AM   #3
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Sorry for the Typo: Meant SLGH009.

Old 11 February 2022, 11:12 AM   #4
Tachycardia
"TRF" Member

The rodeo drive GS boutique has the slgh009. U can call them to text u live pics. Pretty cool tree ring style dial. Much more subtle imo. Def one you have to try in person. It’s kinda nice it’s only 550 pieces. But check out the new green birch they recently announced too.
Tachycardia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2022, 03:27 AM   #5
bruinmd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycardia View Post
The rodeo drive GS boutique has the slgh009. U can call them to text u live pics. Pretty cool tree ring style dial. Much more subtle imo. Def one you have to try in person. It’s kinda nice it’s only 550 pieces. But check out the new green birch they recently announced too.

lol — these are now the two watches I’m debating to get. This SLGH009 or the new SLGH011.

I actually ordered the green birch 2 days ago and can always get a refund if need be should I opt for the 009 instead.
The green birch immediately wowed me from the pics. And I prefer the series 9 case to the 44GS.
I think, as you said, the 009 needs to be seen in person.

Old 10 March 2022, 09:21 AM   #6
JC180
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR, BLRO, LV, SD
Have both prefer the 009. The series 9 case and dial indices grate on me and the fact is the 007nl dial is pretty subdued 95% of the time. It's a watch I listed after for months and ultimately it was a disappointment. The 009 on the other hand is a revelation. Love the classic dauphine hands and the movement is beautifully finished.
JC180 is offline   Reply With Quote