The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 8 November 2019, 12:24 AM   #1
K12123
"TRF" Member

Recent Panerai Discounts?

Do ADs usually give discounts on Panerai? How much discounts have you guys generally gotten?
K12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Tolex
Banned

Ive tried pretty hard, and the max it seems i was offered was 20%. 25% if i were to buy two of them - this is in Singapore.
Tolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 02:36 PM   #3
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolex View Post
Ive tried pretty hard, and the max it seems i was offered was 20%. 25% if i were to buy two of them - this is in Singapore.
is this discount for new or old release? I bought a pam 1616 last month and got only 15%, but I didn't push though.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 04:03 PM   #4
Joearch
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
Not much from AD. Best value is the pre owned market. I have made a few preowned purchases this year that where quite reasonable.

Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 09:55 PM   #5
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have found it depends on the watch you are buying. Sometimes I can get a significant discount and other times not so much. I bought the new 1616 and received a small discount but the watch is new to the Panerai lineup.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 12:21 AM   #6
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
Not much from AD. Best value is the pre owned market. I have made a few preowned purchases this year that where quite reasonable.
That's where the smart money is. There are some great deals to be had in the secondary market, an AD can't even get close.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:28 AM   #7
matt009au
"TRF" Member

15 percent on my 683 purchased last month.
matt009au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:40 AM   #8
nick c
Banned

Quote:

Nicely done! Congratulations
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 12:27 PM   #9
sp5702
"TRF" Member

18% on a PAM590 at a Caribbean AD back in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp5702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 12:13 AM   #10
emtee
"TRF" Member

Not from AD but got 30% on my 564 from a grey dealer. Watch was shipped to me stamped by an AD with my name on it 2 days before. Possibly even shipped direct from the AD.
emtee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 12:28 AM   #11
Frankzappa
"TRF" Member

You can also negotiate for extra straps too! I got three added plus a discount.
Frankzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 02:27 AM   #12
emtee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzappa View Post
You can also negotiate for extra straps too! I got three added plus a discount.
This is true and something I considered but it takes a lot of free straps to make up for grey dealer prices - in my case £1500 saving. And considering my watch came straight from the AD I think they are clearly willing to discount this much but on a volume basis to greys and generally not direct to the consumer. Logically they must still make some profit even at that level otherwise why would they bother selling the brand? Just goes to show how much they are making when getting a full price sale!
emtee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 12:55 PM   #13
Tolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
is this discount for new or old release? I bought a pam 1616 last month and got only 15%, but I didn't push though.
New. I'm patient and go from ad to ad trying for the best discount I can get.
Old 11 November 2019, 11:06 PM   #14
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Boutiques generally won't offer discounts, but will throw in "extras" like straps. ADs who carry Panerai will offer up to 20% on regular production models if you really negotiate hard and they want to make a sale. Special Editions will rarely, if ever, be offered at a discount unless they are unpopular in design. I've found getting Panerai on the secondary or grey market is the way to go. There's just way too much of a discount. I've gotten pieces at almost half price used and 25% off brand new.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2019, 03:48 AM   #15
Frank Tupelo
"TRF" Member

Went by a Panerai owned store last night and was offered 3% off and an extra strap.
Frank Tupelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 09:45 PM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

Very nice Joe
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 06:06 AM   #17
Helmi
"TRF" Member

I couldn't get more than 5% on my 999. But it was just brand new release. Let alone the 968....0% discount
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2019, 06:16 AM   #18
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
I couldn't get more than 5% on my 999. But it was just brand new release. Let alone the 968....0% discount
5% discount on the 999 is good, a very nice watch. congratulations!
Old 17 November 2019, 04:09 PM   #19
Tolex
Banned

In the market to purchase a Pam 997, boutique exclusive so no chance of securing a better discount from an ad. They are giving 5% and one additional strap. Still unsure if I should take it.
Old 17 November 2019, 06:51 PM   #20
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolex View Post
In the market to purchase a Pam 997, boutique exclusive so no chance of securing a better discount from an ad. They are giving 5% and one additional strap. Still unsure if I should take it.
seems like a pretty good deal at this moment in time. but for panerai, you could always expect a better deal down the road.
Old 17 November 2019, 10:19 PM   #21
Tolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post
seems like a pretty good deal at this moment in time. but for panerai, you could always expect a better deal down the road.
Thats what ive been wondering. I know i could get preowned(not very keen on the idea due to sentimental reasons), or wait for them to re-release it.

According to the boutique staff, its limited to 1000 pieces and wont be produced again - got to take that with a pinch of salt though.

That being said, i REALLY like the watch, just not the damn price.
Old 17 November 2019, 11:22 PM   #22
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would get the watch if you really want it. The discount is not the best but maybe the best you can get new from a Boutique. Will you lose some money should you flip, probably, but how much is the ownership experience worth. Get your watch, enjoy the experience of buying from a Boutique and move on to the ownership experience. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 05:41 AM   #23
synequano
Banned

I was offered 997 tax free plus extra 2 straps from Paris boutique,but back then I wasn’t impressed with the price and what you get ratio (it’s still around 11k eur)
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 07:45 PM   #24
Tolex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would get the watch if you really want it. The discount is not the best but maybe the best you can get new from a Boutique. Will you lose some money should you flip, probably, but how much is the ownership experience worth. Get your watch, enjoy the experience of buying from a Boutique and move on to the ownership experience. Good luck.
Thanks for the encouragement, probably give it a week or two more to think about it.
Old 18 November 2019, 11:22 PM   #25
md2010
"TRF" Member

Discount depends on the price of the watch and also the model. I have gotten a 18% discount on a Pam 422 last week from an AD after a week long bargaining with 2 ADs. Most brands 15% is usually the max. To get maximum discount you will need to call the store and tell them when you will visit the store and don’t waste the SA time. Tell them you want to buy the watch and ask for 20% discount. Anything under 15% tell them that you are sorry but under 15% the store will lose the sale. Walk if you don’t get 15%. I usually call store and bargain over the phone and pay a deposit. Good luck.
Ps- the SA told me he never sold a Pam 422 with that much discount ever! I must admit it was intense and I went to the store 30 minutes prior to the closing time.
md2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2019, 11:44 PM   #26
rambo99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post
Discount depends on the price of the watch and also the model. I have gotten a 18% discount on a Pam 422 last week from an AD after a week long bargaining with 2 ADs. Most brands 15% is usually the max. To get maximum discount you will need to call the store and tell them when you will visit the store and don’t waste the SA time. Tell them you want to buy the watch and ask for 20% discount. Anything under 15% tell them that you are sorry but under 15% the store will lose the sale. Walk if you don’t get 15%. I usually call store and bargain over the phone and pay a deposit. Good luck.
Ps- the SA told me he never sold a Pam 422 with that much discount ever! I must admit it was intense and I went to the store 30 minutes prior to the closing time.
i think i can get 20% discount on the 422 from my AD without too much negotiation. its just a basic, old model.
Old 21 November 2019, 10:22 AM   #27
easterbunny
"TRF" Member

11% on a 1312 for me. they would not budge.
easterbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 06:11 AM   #28
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Unfortunately most PAMs don't hold their value well, so the secondary market is where you will naturally get the best deals.

Just be careful where/who you buy from as the latest generation copies are frighteningly good & some can even fool the AD network.

As always, buy the seller & happy hunting.

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote