The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 13 December 2019, 06:46 AM   #1
Rondineli
Banned

Watch: DJ II
The Official 2019 FIFA Club World Cup

Well, my team Flamengo is back at Club World Cup after a dramatic victory at Libertadores de Americas final in Peru over the great club River Plate of Argentina.

It was a great game, and you can see the highlights in this great summary movie. Flamengo came from behind and tied and won the game within the last 5 minutes of the game. The second goal was scored as the fans were singing about the club world cup victory over Liverpool in 1981. You can actually hear 'Liverpool' at 6:14 in the video below...

https://youtu.be/LhyOlpEGLLo

So, the games are going on in Qatar right now, with Al Sadd holding. off Hienghene Sport 3-1 in extra time just a couple of days ago.

Flamengo and Liverpool are on the semi-finals, waiting for the opponents.
Monterrey, Al-Sadd, Al Hilal, Esperance Sportive are the other competing teams.

Bring here your thoughts about your team, this is a truly global competition, and this is a global forum.
Good luck to you all, I hope Flamengo wins again.
Rondineli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 06:54 AM   #2
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

They’re not my team - I’m a Gooner for my sins - but Liverpool are a juggernaut at the moment. Champions League holders, unbeaten in the league in the calendar year and winners of 24 of their last 25 PL games, they’re surely the best team in the world right now.

The only thing that might stop them winning this is their absolutely ridiculous fixture list between the end of November and beginning of January that will have seen them play 14 games in 40 days. So Klopp will either have to play a knackered first choice team or rotate and play a few second string players.
Old 13 December 2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Rondineli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
They’re not my team - I’m a Gooner for my sins - but Liverpool are a juggernaut at the moment. Champions League holders, unbeaten in the league in the calendar year and winners of 24 of their last 25 PL games, they’re surely the best team in the world right now.

The only thing that might stop them winning this is their absolutely ridiculous fixture list between the end of November and beginning of January that will have seen them play 14 games in 40 days. So Klopp will either have to play a knackered first choice team or rotate and play a few second string players.
well, Flamengo won the Brazilian championship with a four games advantages (16 points) against the second place team. And also went 28 games without a loss. I hope for a final against Liverpool again.
Old 13 December 2019, 07:15 AM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Saudações Rubro Negras.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 07:20 AM   #5
Rondineli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Saudações Rubro Negras.
Old 13 December 2019, 10:14 AM   #6
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I love Liverpool and I don’t care if we lose the world club cup, CL, FA and League Cup. I just want the league. I don’t want to die and not see them win it once. So hopefully a second rate team and we come home early because to many games on pointless cups.
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 10:20 AM   #7
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
I love Liverpool and I don’t care if we lose the world club cup, CL, FA and League Cup. I just want the league. I don’t want to die and not see them win it once. So hopefully a second rate team and we come home early because to many games on pointless cups.
Not trying to jinx you mate and I know that as a fan you won’t believe it’s over until it’s mathematically impossible for anybody to catch you; but the league is in the bag.
Old 13 December 2019, 04:16 PM   #8
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not trying to jinx you mate and I know that as a fan you won’t believe it’s over until it’s mathematically impossible for anybody to catch you; but the league is in the bag.
Oh I know what you mean we are known to be bottlers remember Brendan Rodgers we had a massive lead then. Nothing is over until it’s over
Madman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 10:13 PM   #9
MSchu
Banned

In for Deutschland winning again
MSchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 11:03 PM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman37 View Post
Wow, I supported United during the 80s and got hammered in school most weeks by the mass of Liverpool fans we had there, and if you had told me then that in 90 that would be the last time in 29 years that they would win the league I would never have believed it.

I think the good years are back for Liverpool, you should win the League this year and maybe next as well, but the big question is does Klopp stay on after that or does he want a new challenge. At United we can categorically say that the manager is the most most important factor and having Sir Alex there for over two decades was critical to our dynastic success, he was our boot room all in one.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 12:17 AM   #11
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Wow, I supported United during the 80s and got hammered in school most weeks by the mass of Liverpool fans we had there, and if you had told me then that in 90 that would be the last time in 29 years that they would win the league I would never have believed it.

I think the good years are back for Liverpool, you should win the League this year and maybe next as well, but the big question is does Klopp stay on after that or does he want a new challenge. At United we can categorically say that the manager is the most most important factor and having Sir Alex there for over two decades was critical to our dynastic success, he was our boot room all in one.
He’s answered that question today Neil...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50780855

I know contracts aren’t exactly sacrosanct in football, but Klopp seems like a loyal sort. Great news for Liverpool and bad news for everyone else.
Old 14 December 2019, 01:49 AM   #12
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
He’s answered that question today Neil...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50780855

I know contracts aren’t exactly sacrosanct in football, but Klopp seems like a loyal sort. Great news for Liverpool and bad news for everyone else.
Didn't think he read TRF but thanks for the quick response, Jurgen.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 04:15 AM   #13
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
i wish the CWC was more significant/important. It just feels like people forget it even exists unless their team is in it.
Old 14 December 2019, 06:46 AM   #14
Mr Perfect
Banned

Watch: IC Title
The standard of South American football is abysmal compared to the Premier League.
Mr Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2019, 07:18 AM   #15
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Perfect View Post
The standard of South American football is abysmal compared to the Premier League.
I was going to say this but felt bad about dropping a turd in the OP’s punchbowl.

But it looks like he was a naughty boy.
Old 14 December 2019, 07:50 AM   #16
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I am still waiting for Leeds to dominate the world (again). Those were the days. (The early 70's.)

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote