The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 28 November 2017, 11:58 PM   #1
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Time Waster

I know it may not be in best form to post about difficult buyers and complete time wasters (after all, the customer is usually right) and I feel a bit bad about it, but I have just been having some really bad experiences lately where I feel like I am getting repeatedly walked all over by buyers who think that their actions don't affect anyone but themselves.

So in this thread, I will post TRF names of people that are total time wasters... committing to buy, asking for wire info, re-confirming several times that they will be sending payment, and don't tell you otherwise (if at all) for over a week.

I recently had this experience with buyer - Kevin R. AKA/handle "Mr gadget"
sgrossma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 12:07 AM   #2
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
I am a retired GM Dealer and now a Methodist Minister. In the car business we called them "tire-kickers." In the ministry, we reach out the outcast and needy to never see them darken the doors of our Church to explore our faith. It's part of it. It goes with the territory. Not saying it's fun.....but, it goes with the job.

As to posting names.......that's your call (ultimately the Mods).....but,..............
Old 29 November 2017, 12:15 AM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
If you're going to call out members as time wasters, at least give some details.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2017, 12:20 AM   #4
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

Adam - only what I had mentioned. We made a deal, I supplied wire info, he kept saying he was going to buy, finally after a week he said he bought too many other watches lately (including ones post deal) and that he was sorry.

Apologies if this thread is not appropriate (can be deleted if so). I just had a moment where I got fed up of buyers that think there are no repercussions to the their actions and that at the very least should be named.

Best,
Scott
Old 29 November 2017, 12:29 AM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrossma View Post
Adam - only what I had mentioned. We made a deal, I supplied wire info, he kept saying he was going to buy, finally after a week he said he bought too many other watches lately (including ones post deal) and that he was sorry.

Apologies if this thread is not appropriate (can be deleted if so). I just had a moment where I got fed up of buyers that think there are no repercussions to the their actions and that at the very least should be named.

Best,
Scott
That's fine, if you feel you have a genuine grievance you want to air.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2018, 05:21 AM   #6
sgrossma
2024 Pledge Member

I wanted to add a quick follow-up to this and an apology to Kevin R. AKA/handle "Mr gadget".
Perhaps I was a bit harsh, especially in singling him out a few months ago. It happens to us all from time to time.
Anyway, Kevin and I have since communicated and he has made good on a different deal.

Best,
Scott