The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 October 2006, 09:14 AM   #1
amanda
Banned

It's gonna be a long long long 2 weeks.....

I pick up my GMT in about 2weeks... in the meantime I have no watch to wear it's amazing how quickly I got used to the Tudor and how quickly I became sooo attached to it. Looking down and seeing it there on my wrist really did add that something extra every single day......
afterall the Tudor was what drew me so close and roped me into wanting the GMT! When I packed it up and said goodbye, I did wonder if I had made a mistake selling it, but I am sure that will pass when i get the new watch on my wrist - besides I needed the help to fund it!

I could buy a cheapo watch to wear for a few weeks but why bother?? When it'll never ever get worn again, I cant see me leaving the GMT home - I'd be too worried the house would get broken into and it'd get stolen!

I just wanted to share my feelings with people who'd understand, everyone else thinks I am insane and cant understand why the clock on my PC or mobile phone isn't enough

yay nearly there....
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 09:18 AM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Keep your chin up amanda. Even though it seems like a long time, the two weeks will be up before you know it. I think we all know the feeling of not having something on our wrist. On the rare occasion I don't have a watch on it just doesn't feel right.

Now you think that one of our members in Melbourne would help out a young lady and let her borrow a watch for a few weeks. If you were near me, I shure would.
Old 4 October 2006, 09:33 AM   #3
OysterDavid
Banned

Tick Tock

When I'm without a watch, I've found that rythmic counts from one to sixty in a measured beat can keep me updated with seconds. Then every time I start over, I keep track of those units with a pen mark on the palm of my hand. When I get to sixty of those, I know one hour has gone by. At that point I make another pen mark on the palm of my other hand. When I've got 24 pen marks on that other hand, I know it's tomorrow. I then wash my hands very quickly and start over. With the delay from washing my hands, that makes up for the time elapsed in a calandar year accounting for the extra day of a leap year. Simple, eh?

I've also found that lugging around a sun dial can also help. As can drawing a picture of a GMT on your watch wrist with an actual time marked with the hands. Then you'll have the exact time twice a day!

Pretty remarkable, if I do say so.

Do I now qualify for the tosser club?
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 09:43 AM   #4
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterDavid View Post
When I'm without a watch, I've found that rythmic counts from one to sixty in a measured beat can keep me updated with seconds. Then every time I start over, I keep track of those units with a pen mark on the palm of my hand. When I get to sixty of those, I know one hour has gone by. At that point I make another pen mark on the palm of my other hand. When I've got 24 pen marks on that other hand, I know it's tomorrow. I then wash my hands very quickly and start over. With the delay from washing my hands, that makes up for the time elapsed in a calandar year accounting for the extra day of a leap year. Simple, eh?

I've also found that lugging around a sun dial can also help. As can drawing a picture of a GMT on your watch wrist with an actual time marked with the hands. Then you'll have the exact time twice a day!

David...I've done that. I have noticed a couple times when my count got to fourty-five or fifty my wife would ask a question and I'd have to start over.
I was late for work a couple times.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 09:56 AM   #5
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Just think of how great it's going to feel when you slap that GMT on though The wait will only make you love it more
Old 4 October 2006, 10:03 AM   #6
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Hang in there amanda, the time will fly!
And it will make the watch that much sweeter when it arrives.
Best of luck!
Old 4 October 2006, 10:33 AM   #7
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterDavid View Post

thats hilarious and really cracked me up! I was just imagining the look on my partners face when I got home tonight with a GMT drawn on my wrist!!! Priceless I'd say.....

You'd probably never see/hear of me again, I'd get carted off to the funny farm for sure
Old 4 October 2006, 10:43 AM   #8
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
I just went through a similar situation with my 98.
About 2 weeks also.
As long you know it is coming in, it makes the wait almost bearable. I was worse than a kid at christmas waiting for mine. ( mine was in on Sept 19th, I waited until month end to pick it up)
When you get it, it will be even that much better.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 01:08 PM   #9
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
2 weeks will fly by, before you know that pepsi gmt will be on your wrist in no time.

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 01:12 PM   #10
amanda
Banned

yeh thanks guys..... this year has gone by in a heartbeat.. can you believe its already October?

2 weeks is nothing in the scheme of things.....
Old 4 October 2006, 01:29 PM   #11
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
yeh thanks guys..... this year has gone by in a heartbeat.. can you believe its already October?

2 weeks is nothing in the scheme of things.....
So much time, and I've done so little.....
Old 4 October 2006, 01:47 PM   #12
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis View Post
So much time, and I've done so little.....
ditto.... I've only spent lots of $ or
Old 4 October 2006, 04:39 PM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
ditto.... I've only spent lots of $ or
Patience, Amanda. You'll have that baby on your wrist before you know it!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 04:41 PM   #14
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Just remember Patience is a Virtue......but I myself have never been very virtuous
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 04:43 PM   #15
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF View Post
Just remember Patience is a Virtue......but I myself have never been very virtuous
No Tosser ever is!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 4 October 2006, 04:48 PM   #16
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
No Tosser ever is!!

Since when did I become a tosser???

RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 04:50 PM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF View Post
Since when did I become a tosser???

Don't worry, with all your recent comments about me, you have an advance booking, First Class, on the next list!!

Old 4 October 2006, 05:02 PM   #18
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Patience, Amanda. You'll have that baby on your wrist before you know it!!
pffffft after my 100+ posts I'd have thought it was evident just how impatient I actually am.... so yeh whatever JJ

13 days to go and say ooooh 6 hours at 5pm AEST time or whatever u call our timezone down here

Old 4 October 2006, 05:36 PM   #19
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
pffffft after my 100+ posts I'd have thought it was evident just how impatient I actually am.... so yeh whatever JJ

13 days to go and say ooooh 6 hours at 5pm AEST time or whatever u call our timezone down here

Once you actually get the watch, Amanda....the excitement will die down a bit. But then a new kinda excitement will erupt!! You won't be able to take your eyes off the watch!!

Old 4 October 2006, 05:51 PM   #20
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Once you actually get the watch, Amanda....the excitement will die down a bit. But then a new kinda excitement will erupt!! You won't be able to take your eyes off the watch!!
HA I know... maybe I shouldn't drive there to pick it up, wont be able to keep my eyes on the road for staring at the watch!