The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 October 2006, 12:25 PM   #1
Mark
TRF Founder

Watch: PAM 187 / SS LV
Need help to see if this is a genuine Rolex

My gut feeling is no, however I really have no clue. It came home today with my wife. A friend at school asked if we would help her with finding info, if any.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3109.jpg (157.9 KB, 133 views)
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2006, 01:02 PM   #2
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Not sure, Mark. I have seen ladies' Rolexes from the 20's and 30's on similar bracelets, but I don't know enough them to work out if it's real. The best thing I can think of is to refer to Dowling's book - there might be some mention of suc a design.
Old 3 October 2006, 01:14 PM   #3
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Gonna PM you with email for my friend Joel. He was able to find out info on a couple of vintage Rolexes for me.
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2006, 04:38 PM   #4
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
That model looks very similar to that same popular design from the '20s and '30s. I think it's genuine enough, but an AD would verify for sure.

I don't think any replicator would waste his time and resources trying to replicate a Rolex and then producing such an old vintage.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2006, 06:50 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Looks very typical in design for 20s-30s are there any hallmarks anywhere,but if you remove the case back. Should be on the inside back RWC or Rolex,but not necessarily signed Rolex on movement,but never really studied ladies vintage models.But have seen similar Rolex ladies cocktail watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 11:07 AM   #6
Mark
TRF Founder

Watch: PAM 187 / SS LV
Well, I determined today that the band was for sure aftermarket. I was told however the watch itself may be real and it was very common for the band to wear out and need replacement on these old models. My AD did say he had no idea if it was real though and said the only way to know 100% is to send it into Rolex.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2006, 06:03 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Well, I determined today that the band was for sure aftermarket. I was told however the watch itself may be real and it was very common for the band to wear out and need replacement on these old models. My AD did say he had no idea if it was real though and said the only way to know 100% is to send it into Rolex.
Well at this time only about one in every 5 watches leaving the factory
had Rolex on dial.Now that dial is signed Rolex would expect case back to be signed RWC or similar, same on movement.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote