The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 December 2019, 04:17 PM   #1
Freespeach
"TRF" Member

Hulk: How many are there?

Was in the AD having a chat with the owner.
Conversation came around to my hulk.
He said that the Hulk may be one of the lower produced watches of the Rolex professional series.
According to him, the first several years he could not give them away. Just kept adding them to his safe. He now gets maybe 1 to 2 a year. But he still has old stock that he is slowly going through. Yes, he confirmed you could buy a new Hulk in 2019 with a 2019 warranty card for a watch he recieved in 2015. Daytonas and GMTs he gets north of 20 to 30 a year.

The Hulk and the Daytona is what he call his loss leaders. The only way he will sell them is as a bundle or if he has a high potential new client. He uses them to make money in other ways but they since he can not sell above MSRP and will not sell to greys. When I asked about greys...I think I offended him.

Anyway to the point he estimates that for every 100 subs he has sold only 1 is green.

I know this is just him talking but I am not sure that I have ever seen a hulk in the wild.

Thoughts? How many of you have seen a hulk in the wild? If so, how many times ? Do you think that the ratio of black to green could really be 100 to 1?
Freespeach is offline   Reply With Quote