The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 23 August 2016, 08:54 AM   #1
Jack Daniels
"TRF" Member

Rolex oysterclasp adjustment

Hi everyone,

I hope I am posting this in the appropriate thread.

I bought my dad a DJII 116333 for his birthday. Because it was for him and not myself I of course didn't try it on much as I just left in the box.

Now that I have given it to him and he is wearing it he has said that the clasp seems to come undone too easily. It has not popped open on its own but it opens with minimal effort. After trying it my self I see what he means, it does seem to come off very easily. Even if I pull on the side of the clasp (I.E not from the hinge like you are supposed) to it comes off pretty easily.

My question is if anyone else has experienced this with this particular clasp on this bracelet and if so what did you have to do to fix it?

If I were to take it in to my AD would they be able to adjust it? I know the older ones could be adjusted by bending the steel folding part but the hinge one the bracelets is much stronger and thicker.

Or is it actually fine and we just think its loose?? I really don't want to have to buy a new clasp or worse a new bracelet
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2016, 11:41 PM   #2
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Hi I would take it to an AD I am sure they will help. I wouldn't attempt any kind of fix myself personally.
If all else fails go to a Rolex Service Centre. They might charge you or ask that you do a full service and they will fix it as part of the service but hopefully it won't come to that.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Jack Daniels
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they did to fix it?
Jack Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote