The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 July 2020, 02:19 AM   #61
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
I only wear and own my DJ 36 and although I like and appreciate many other watches, Iíve always wanted the DJ 36, so I just admire and enjoy other watches without craving them. I know that if I buy them, I will end up just wearing my DJ 36. Donít know if that makes sense though.
It makes perfect sense- consider yourself lucky! I think it takes a lot of folks many watches and many thousands of dollars to finally appreciate the all day comfort and versatility of the Datejust.
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 06:37 PM   #62
Boaters
2020 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610 LVc 16710
Wear that Sub get a seiko for a beater lifes good.
Boaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:42 PM   #63
mac_135
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all of the responses, it is very much appreciated (and sorry I haven't checked back in here for a while).

I have been enjoying the Explorer over the past two weeks as a nice under the radar piece, and honestly haven't worn the Speedmaster at all. Someone commented about a DJ36 - as much as I want to love it (tried multiple times) it just feels so small on my wrist. I am thinking the Sub and Explorer are both keepers for now, and I may sell/trade the Speedmaster for something else. I want a grey dial, and I like to have one piece on a leather strap so I have had my eye on the previous generation Aqua Terra. Gotta love this hobby... Hope you all have a great weekend.
mac_135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 02:45 PM   #64
mac_135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetracer View Post
I couldnít get past the fact that you sold your Seiko SKXís.
You know, I thought it was a really cool watch. It just sat weird on my wrist and I rarely wore it. I am a less is more kind of guy, and I thought I would move it on to justify purchasing something else that I want to wear more often. Seiko has some pretty interesting pieces to fill the beater category, so I will likely pick something else in the next few months.
mac_135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 07:19 PM   #65
Hungry Eyes
"TRF" Member

Maybe just try the Speedy on a leather strap? There must be something there as you bought one twice?
Hungry Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 08:29 PM   #66
Token74
2020 Pledge Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank McKay View Post
I know what you mean. The iconic and timeless design of the Submariner. In many ways itís the perfect quintessential watch.
The sub is a very nice watch, but I donít understand the suggestion that it is a timeless design. The current sub looks very different to the previous reference and bears very little resemblance to the original. And Iím pretty convinced the next iteration will see the lugs thinned out which will make quite a difference to the look and feel compared to the current reference.

Timeless for me would be something like the Royal Oak. To the untrained eye, the 15202 looks pretty much identical to the original 5402 from 48 years ago.

Royal Oak Offshore Diver | Royal Oak Blue 15450 | Royal Oak Silver 15450 | Daytona 116500 | Sea Dweller 116600 | JLC Reverso | Omega SpeedMaster | TAG Microtimer | G-Shock Riseman | Dent Pocket Watch
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 11:13 PM   #67
travisb
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Sounds like you need nothing more than the Sub. I wouldn't add anything.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 11:29 PM   #68
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_135 View Post
Thanks for all of the responses, it is very much appreciated (and sorry I haven't checked back in here for a while).

I have been enjoying the Explorer over the past two weeks as a nice under the radar piece, and honestly haven't worn the Speedmaster at all. Someone commented about a DJ36 - as much as I want to love it (tried multiple times) it just feels so small on my wrist. I am thinking the Sub and Explorer are both keepers for now, and I may sell/trade the Speedmaster for something else. I want a grey dial, and I like to have one piece on a leather strap so I have had my eye on the previous generation Aqua Terra. Gotta love this hobby... Hope you all have a great weekend.
I think that youíve actually got a really excellent trio...I would not be so quick to sell the Speedy. The Sub and Speedy are probably top two most iconic watches on many lists (one for Rolex, one for Omega), and the Explorer is a consensus luxury everyday, everywhere watch. Youíve managed to distill it down to an all star threesome - congrats!
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 11:32 PM   #69
Napoleon
2020 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR / Sub / DJII
Itís the perfect watch. You could be chasing that dragon a long time.
Napoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2020, 11:40 PM   #70
173rdabn
2020 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Keep the Sub and bin everything else. No reason to fret over watches you neither like nor wear. Just my two cents.
173rdabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 12:05 AM   #71
Xenon

Are we debating or dictating?
Xenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2020, 02:13 AM   #72
Plant
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daily DJ 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
I only wear and own my DJ 36 and although I like and appreciate many other watches, Iíve always wanted the DJ 36, so I just admire and enjoy other watches without craving them. I know that if I buy them, I will end up just wearing my DJ 36. Donít know if that makes sense though.
I feel the same way. I have other watches I used to cycle through, but now if Im not wearing my DJ 36 Im basically forcing myself not to wear it.

Sad that I dont like my other watches much anymore honestly
Plant is offline   Reply With Quote