The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 June 2020, 03:10 AM   #91
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Green usually isn’t my thing, but that looks pretty awesome on your wrist.

Think it’s still too big for me. Wish they shrunk down to 42.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2020, 05:50 PM   #92
Sho-nuff
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP │ ALS
IMO the 12 o'clock indices do not work with Arabic numerals. It looks like 11-11-1. Maybe the nickname for this watch should be the ROO Mayan Apocalypse...

Quote:
Sho-nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 08:11 AM   #93
Jp28
"TRF" Member

It’s interesting to compare these new releases to the LeBron LE which also had numerals and stock combo. On the Lebron there are no cutoffs (on the outside) and the market for 12 I think works much better (in not being an 11).
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 01:23 PM   #94
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

It looks like 11, 11, 1. No, AP, no. You are really doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2020, 04:12 PM   #95
dauster
"TRF" Member

Vegas boutique said already sold out they only received 5 green ones and don’t know if AP will continue to make them. Is that true? Hard to believe AP made this a one time release only.
dauster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2020, 01:27 AM   #96
drgoro
"TRF" Member

I have a green on order. Great reference! Folks always hate change lol
drgoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 07:09 AM   #97
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoro View Post
I have a green on order. Great reference! Folks always hate change lol
Seems pretty unanimous here it's quite awful, unless you post you already own it, then it's "beautiful, congrats enjoy!" Quite an accommodating crowd here
I'd say most new mods get great receptions in general, the worst I can remember was the camo release and even those are tolerable, just more of a novelty but personally I'd take a camo over any of these all day long, not to mention the camos are LEs to boot.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2020, 12:00 PM   #98
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
Seems pretty unanimous here it's quite awful, unless you post you already own it, then it's "beautiful, congrats enjoy!" Quite an accommodating crowd here
I'd say most new mods get great receptions in general, the worst I can remember was the camo release and even those are tolerable, just more of a novelty but personally I'd take a camo over any of these all day long, not to mention the camos are LEs to boot.
Lol noticed the same thing but I understand nobody wants to be a hater... really need to see in person though maybe I’ll change my mind.
Old 5 July 2020, 04:44 AM   #99
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
I hear what you're saying here - I have some of the same thoughts :-)

At the end of the day, I always say it's completely unimportant whether or not I like a watch, and most people aren't here looking for validation or other people's opinions when they post an "incoming".

I am genuinely happy for anybody when they get a new watch, because I think we all love that feeling ourselves, and it's fun to celebrate with somebody when you share a passion. I try and save the personal feelings about a watch on the threads more suited for that type of commentary.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2020, 04:52 AM   #100
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I actually like it the new watches. I think IRL the 11 o’clock, 12 stick marker and 1 o’clock won’t look too odd in life size format.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2020, 07:51 AM   #101
xsnv
"TRF" Member

Saw a pretty funny yet apt joke online somewhere referring to these, went something like...seems like with the 11:59 Ap can't seem to make it to 12...

I can see the general appeal but it just feels a little ham-fisted. They threw the kitchen sink of every hip watch-feature they could fit at the watch - fume dial, arabic numerals and batons, coloured ceramic (it's a three tone watch if you count the pusher housing).

The 44mm ROO's have always been a bit of a showy watch but in an understated way, this in my opinion is trying just a bit too hard to get noticed.
xsnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2020, 07:54 AM   #102
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnv View Post
Saw a pretty funny yet apt joke online somewhere referring to these, went something like...seems like with the 11:59 Ap can't seem to make it to 12...
Lol make that joke in a boutique and only codes for you for the rest of your life
Old 5 July 2020, 08:39 AM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I actually like it the new watches. I think IRL the 11 o’clock, 12 stick marker and 1 o’clock won’t look too odd in life size format.

The incoming close ups made the distinction fairly clear, don't think that is a real life issue.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2020, 04:47 AM   #104
Gravity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I hear what you're saying here - I have some of the same thoughts :-)

At the end of the day, I always say it's completely unimportant whether or not I like a watch, and most people aren't here looking for validation or other people's opinions when they post an "incoming".

I am genuinely happy for anybody when they get a new watch, because I think we all love that feeling ourselves, and it's fun to celebrate with somebody when you share a passion. I try and save the personal feelings about a watch on the threads more suited for that type of commentary.
I actually think many post acquisition pics precisely for thoughts and opinions on it. Whether they truly want honest opinions or not is another thing entirely and I get how people will tend to be more honest when someone is asking if they should buy a piece then when they have already bought it. Not much can come from criticism after the purchase, all though personally I'd like to hear the honest opinions regardless as I am just curious about takes on aesthetics in general. it is very common to hear " I don't care at all what anyone else thinks of my watch, I bought it because I love it." But regardless of how much we admit it, there is always a factor in other's opinions on your watch, whether its small or large, factors can vary but they are always there. It'd be the same as someone saying they don't care at all when they get compliments on their watch. How much it matters will always vary but to some degree it always does, positive or negative.

Anyway.. Still not a fan at all of these :)
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote