The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 June 2020, 02:08 AM   #1
nsguy
"TRF" Member

Trying To Figure Out Sizing With 15202 Jumbo

Hi everyone. I have a 15202 Jumbo and it’s proven to be trickier to size than any of my other watches, including other non-jumbo Royal Oaks. For some reason, this watch doesn’t handle the swelling of my hand during the day (NYC summers) as well as other watches. To preface, the watch is the proper size for my wrist (6.75") and the issue is not with the size of the watch head.

I have two possible configurations that work for me. One uses the 1.5 link (smaller), and the other uses two normal links (larger).

With the 1.5 links, the watch fits like a glove initially but as my wrist swells, it feels a bit tight. Not crazy tight, but tight enough where I can't fit a finger between my wrist and the clasp and it leaves a slight indentation on my wrist.
With two normal links, the watch fits a bit loose. Loose enough for it to fall to my wrist bone area which I don't like. As my wrist swells it fits a bit better and doesn't fall all the way down to my wrist. The problem is when the swelling got my wrist subsides, such as when I'm back home for dinner, etc. the watch is a tad too loose for my liking.

Luckily I'm able to adjust the bracelet myself so I can play around with various configurations. I'm curious if others have noticed this as well and am curious where you landed with sizing. Thanks.

Here is a video showing it at the smaller (1.5 link) setting. You can see it fits like a glove but it's slightly too tight. You can see on the underside near the clasp that it's pulling on my wrist a bit. https://imgur.com/a/x24lfFY
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 02:19 AM   #2
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

does it hurt when you have the 1.5 link in and your wrist swells? i'm in a similar situation but ordered a 1.5 link to fix it. right now its too loose unless it's really hot out but if i take out 1 more link it's a good fit but becomes too tight and actually hurts when my wrist swells up because of all the sharp edges
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 02:20 AM   #3
Igor01
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak 15400
Same wrist size and same issue here, albeit with a 15400. Will watch this thread :)
Old 28 June 2020, 03:22 AM   #4
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
Video looks too tight for me. I have similar issue with my 15500 using 1.5links it leaves an imprint so i went for slightly looser fitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 04:56 AM   #5
C_Troy242
"TRF" Member

Clip looks too tight. Looks exactly like mine (squishing the edges of the wrist like that does not look ideal) and I need it adjusted, adding a 1.5 link which I have been trying to avoid. Try to see it as an offsetting positive (I certainly would) for those times you feel it's slightly too loose, that you can work with the regular links.
C_Troy242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 06:07 AM   #6
jltait
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200
Someone needs to figure out an easy link mod.
jltait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 06:14 AM   #7
nsguy
"TRF" Member

Quick update. I removed the 1.5 link and put 2 links in its place, and so far it feel pretty good. I had this setup previously but one difference is that I also moved one of the existing links from the 6 o'clock side to the 12 o'clock side so that it sits on my wrist a bit better.

Here are two videos of the new setup. The first is when my wrist is not swelled and the second is after a walk outside (very humid in NYC) and my wrist is noticeably more swelled up.

https://imgur.com/a/3PL3wDv
nsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2020, 09:12 AM   #8
C_Troy242
"TRF" Member

This looks perfect tbh. Now forget about it ;)
C_Troy242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 02:01 AM   #9
Igor01
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak 15400
I am in beween as well and usually size the bracelet either with a slight loose or a slight tight bias when the wether becomes warm or cold. This way, most of the time during a particuar day he watch will fit ok, even though it will be a bit loose or tight at some point in time during the day. It's a very easy switch and i only jhave to do it twice a year but it's a pain in the a$$ nontheless, especially considering that it's not impossible to design a quick adjust mechanism, VC did it for the new Overseas. Also, why wouldn't AP include a 1.5 link with the watch? Oh well, at least we are blessed to be able to bitch about things like that.
Old 29 June 2020, 07:33 AM   #10
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Have you tried less salt in your diet?
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 02:05 PM   #11
rkven
"TRF" Member

Thank you for the insight.
rkven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 03:04 AM   #12
jm434
"TRF" Member

Guys, anyone know where I can purchase one extra link as mine seems a tiny bit tight these days given the summer heat and sweat. Or is anyone here willing to sell one?
jm434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2020, 10:06 AM   #13
rumnyc
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15202ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsguy View Post
Hi everyone. I have a 15202 Jumbo and it’s proven to be trickier to size than any of my other watches, including other non-jumbo Royal Oaks. For some reason, this watch doesn’t handle the swelling of my hand during the day (NYC summers) as well as other watches. To preface, the watch is the proper size for my wrist (6.75") and the issue is not with the size of the watch head.

I have two possible configurations that work for me. One uses the 1.5 link (smaller), and the other uses two normal links (larger).

With the 1.5 links, the watch fits like a glove initially but as my wrist swells, it feels a bit tight. Not crazy tight, but tight enough where I can't fit a finger between my wrist and the clasp and it leaves a slight indentation on my wrist.
With two normal links, the watch fits a bit loose. Loose enough for it to fall to my wrist bone area which I don't like. As my wrist swells it fits a bit better and doesn't fall all the way down to my wrist. The problem is when the swelling got my wrist subsides, such as when I'm back home for dinner, etc. the watch is a tad too loose for my liking.

Luckily I'm able to adjust the bracelet myself so I can play around with various configurations. I'm curious if others have noticed this as well and am curious where you landed with sizing. Thanks.

Here is a video showing it at the smaller (1.5 link) setting. You can see it fits like a glove but it's slightly too tight. You can see on the underside near the clasp that it's pulling on my wrist a bit. https://imgur.com/a/x24lfFY

Same issue for me with 1.5 on 15500. I have resorted to 2 links in summer and just get used to the loose feeling in a cool AC room as i just can’t deal with the tightness due to swelling with the bracelet digging in. I think this more an issue with people who are used to snug fitting wearing a rubber ROO which is just unachievable with bracelet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rumnyc is offline   Reply With Quote